Path of Exile

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I mean, once you're 90 there's no content you can't do really. Leveling at that point is just filler.

If your still picking up rares, you're wasting your time. Part of the fun I have personally speaking is running maps and blasting through them only to get exalts, chaos, splinters, and special uniques on fully juiced maps.

Everything else is just worthless to me. So when maps can be done in 2-3 minutes instead of 5-7 minutes, it becomes a lot more fun, especially when you get 30+ splinters each map.

So change it up a bit that might help some.
95-96 is the absolute most anyone should do before they blow their brains out. With enough time youll get the cash you need to put up all the dps and defence you can get.

Rng is the killer for most people. I was super lucky this league and had 100ex drop in the first week and a half without selling anything. Things just get so fucking boring after 90-95.

I like farming shit but if you make it half way through a level 95+ you feel you need to finish it.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
95-96 is the absolute most anyone should do before they blow their brains out. With enough time youll get the cash you need to put up all the dps and defence you can get.

Rng is the killer for most people. I was super lucky this league and had 100ex drop in the first week and a half without selling anything. Things just get so fucking boring after 90-95.

I like farming shit but if you make it half way through a level 95+ you feel you need to finish it.

I'm 96 atm, my gneeral rule is to just play and die a shitload, but if something weird happens and I manage to get 50% into the level at this point, I'll start grinding safe maps with ez mods and take the time to level.

In other words, exactly what your last sentence said.

I also have had a lot of luck this league, and that helps keep spirits up, especially those simulcrum runs last night holy shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Been playing this game for years and I haven't gotten a character above 95. Just too tedious.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I wouldn't repeat the process of getting to 100, it's just too time-consuming. You do make loads and loads of currency doing it. I'm actually at 97.9 right now as I've not died in ages but I'm not trying to level it's just the fog maps are so good for xp (1% of 97 per run at t16). I do have a couple of cortex maps and an Aul in my mine but i'm leaving them till 98 as I don't do either of those fights enough to really nail the mechanics and it's 50/50 if i make it unscathed.

Found a couple of doctors and around 30ex wild. Crafted a very nice foil that I sold for quite a bit. So i've probably had about 100ex so far at least.

I'm playing much more than usual, normally I'd be level 90 and have around 5ex at this point in the league.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I wouldn't repeat the process of getting to 100, it's just too time-consuming. You do make loads and loads of currency doing it. I'm actually at 97.9 right now as I've not died in ages but I'm not trying to level it's just the fog maps are so good for xp (1% of 97 per run at t16). I do have a couple of cortex maps and an Aul in my mine but i'm leaving them till 98 as I don't do either of those fights enough to really nail the mechanics and it's 50/50 if i make it unscathed.

Found a couple of doctors and around 30ex wild. Crafted a very nice foil that I sold for quite a bit. So i've probably had about 100ex so far at least.

I'm playing much more than usual, normally I'd be level 90 and have around 5ex at this point in the league.

Did my first cortex map this league and as a golemancer it was super easy. I really try to not buy shit and go with what ive gotten. Zana had cortex for me and dropped the flask for the first kill.

I watch a few buddies on twitch and a few guildies with kosis and whatever, its just impossible for em.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Kosis and the other guy are now trivial for me, even on wave 20, unless I get really, really unlucky with some shit-tier mods. I swear they nerfed his HP again.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
One of the major 4 point investments this league is a small cluster jewel, where if you get hit you gain endurance charges for 4 seconds. Super super easy way to get 90% phys reduction this league being any class.

Might take 200 alts and etc but its worth it.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
One of the major 4 point investments this league is a small cluster jewel, where if you get hit you gain endurance charges for 4 seconds. Super super easy way to get 90% phys reduction this league being any class.

Might take 200 alts and etc but its worth it.

There's a similar one (medium?) while channeling gain 1 end charge every 3 seconds. That seems amazing.

I want to re-build my guy when I get a headhunter. I technically could now, but I kinda want to keep that voices gem and build with it.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Did my first cortex map this league and as a golemancer it was super easy. I really try to not buy shit and go with what ive gotten. Zana had cortex for me and dropped the flask for the first kill.

I watch a few buddies on twitch and a few guildies with kosis and whatever, its just impossible for em.

First time I did cortex it was with ice golems, they were probably the best dps char i ever had. They insta phased or killed every single boss in a second or two. Really nice build probably better dps than spectres even.

Cortex will probably be ok on mines, it can just be rippy. The flasks pretty common drop, the maps jsut a fucker to get a hold of or expensive.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Help this build out dudes. This is one of my lv90s, a Nagamu chieftan spin to win. His pretty good in the suviving bit but dmg is lacking in high tier maps.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Starting saving your warcry mediums boys, people are starting to get wise to how insane they are. This dude recently posted a vid of destroying Sirus in ~1 second:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If you're using Rallying Cry(not on LMB) and Enduring Cry on LMB, how do you get it to prioritize Rallying Cry on cooldown while keeping ease of use on Enduring Cry?

Last edited:

dizzie

Triggered Happy
This dropped for me and im wondering how i should price it or if i should slam it or something. Got alot of messages about it.

ammy.jpg

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I certainly wouldn't slam it

Dont know what to do with it the only thing I've made in poe are weapons, shields and helmets really. I know it's pretty nice as all the rolls except life are t1 i think. I've got every craft pretty much, maybe I'll just craft something onto it. i think it's got a suffix available.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Ok so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Help me out :)

I finally got my HH (yay for 138ex farm!) and I respeced to be ready for it. However, I'm good to go at this point for super long self-cursing and such, but I'm running into a problem where herald of thunder just WILL NOT proc! Sometimes it'll proc fine throughout a map, and other times it won't. Like I'll open a strand and the first half ot eh map all is good then it just decides to stop, temp chains wears off, and all my buffs run out and I end up being worthless the rest of the map.

I logged on my standard character, and found that I have no problem whatsoever keeping herald of thunder procing throughout. What am I missing?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm a fucking idiot and left brutality in. DERP.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users