Path of Exile

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just finished Act 5 with a Bane Occultist. What the fuck? Rares and minor Uniques die in one cast, everything else evaporates. Oh and after you cast it once you can spend your time evading enemies since it doesn't need recasting for a while. This is the most powerful build I've ever played.

Got the gloves that cast linked curses when you cast a curse, so I got a 6 Link Tabula Rasa with Bane in it casting Despair and then the gloves add Temporal Chains and Enfeeble.

Once I do my second labyrinth, I can add a 4th curse. It's insane.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Just finished Act 5 with a Bane Occultist. What the fuck? Rares and minor Uniques die in one cast, everything else evaporates. Oh and after you cast it once you can spend your time evading enemies since it doesn't need recasting for a while. This is the most powerful build I've ever played.

Got the gloves that cast linked curses when you cast a curse, so I got a 6 Link Tabula Rasa with Bane in it casting Despair and then the gloves add Temporal Chains and Enfeeble.

And it only gets better! Its a super cheap way to kill everything but if you want to invest some time and cash its massively deadly.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider

I had fun with bane / ED, was thinking of revisiting next league.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
not sure about end game as it's lack of chaining made me stop playing it around 70, I think the harder part of it would be survival / leech

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I figure most bane builds go CI then LL amd go heavy on ES regen. Been a few leagues. So many builds hit 4-7M dps easy now that I find the chaos damage builds lacking when they top out at 1.5M on main skill. Mechanically I loved bane and Soulrend.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You want ED or Soulrend for single target with bane if you want to kill bosses with any sort of speed.

I ran Poacher's Mark / Windshriek for a while as 4th curse, but I found it's not really necessary, and probably not worth it to take Whispers of Doom.

Here is my explody version I took easily to 90 this league:

Code:
https://pastebin.com/NFLUbbG4

I'm sure there are better cluster jewel nodes, but I enjoyed it this way.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
After playing a herald build this league, strongly considering doing SSF from now on. Probably not a good idea in terms of time investment, but from a character progression standpoint, they've kinda screwed up the endgame in trade leagues.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
That's a pretty premature statement to make.

Depends entirely on what changes come to clusters/crafting and what the new league is.

I doubt I could ever actually play SSF regardless though. The RNG on fusings and build-defining unique drops just isn't for me, especially when you can emulate most of the value of SSF by just crafting your own gear in trade.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The last 4 leagues have been loot pinatas, I'd be quite surprised if the next isn't as well.

I don't like crafting in general, but maybe taking away trade would help. The aids that is buying materials, even if you restrict yourself from doing so, just knowing in the back of your mind, maybe you could complete the craft if you suffer through 10 more fossil attempts.

I get the RNG comment, that's why I'm not committed to it to doing so. This is born purely out of them making end game character progression far too easy. I want red tier maps to be valuable again. If only so Wizardhawk will come back and vaal all his gear in sustain frustration.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
The last 4 leagues have been loot pinatas, I'd be quite surprised if the next isn't as well.

I don't like crafting in general, but maybe taking away trade would help. The aids that is buying materials, even if you restrict yourself from doing so, just knowing in the back of your mind, maybe you could complete the craft if you suffer through 10 more fossil attempts.

I get the RNG comment, that's why I'm not committed to it to doing so. This is born purely out of them making end game character progression far too easy. I want red tier maps to be valuable again. If only so Wizardhawk will come back and vaal all his gear in sustain frustration.

I learned to craft from playing in ssf pretty much. For me, it's much more relaxing than standard as you can chill out, there's no pressure to be in t15s in a week or no need to kill every boss etc.

It's pretty chilled and it's not that bad getting stuff to craft with.

Caeden

I watched Mathil’s “aren’t you burned out” vid and it got me playing again after about a week off. I think they need to figure some way to provide good sustain on 14’s but make 16’s more rare or make map crafting more important. Delirium orbs?

Meh. I’m having fun and it’s fitting my playtime really well.

I think the problem is more the lack of testing on broken shit like the herald build. Ran with my buddy who’s dumped 200ex and it was trivial to the point I decided not to run. People point out the warcry was busted. Meh. No way compared to that shit. Zerker is trash tier without that shit and still suffers because the ascendancy is lopsided designed.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I never understand nerfing shit to uselessness. How about balance it properly instead? Especially a new skill. 1 league and it's going extinct is dumb shit.

Caeden

It’s funny because if they nuke archmage, well it will be a trash skill. It only worked in about 3 builds as it was. So they’ll have to rethink the whole design.

The tweet is in poor taste. Smack of shit blizzard would say in the Ghostcrawler era. I gave him a pass since he was there for the initial design of DKs and they were fun as hell. And broken.

My guess is cyclone, herald stacking, notable stacking in general, voices stacking, cast on crit, archmage, mana nodes, and maybe assassin in general are up on the chopping block. After the abuse ascendancies, assassin was next. Dark horse might be impale nerfs and maybe spellslinger nerfs (never mind I saw like two functional builds with it).

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Part of me wishes they would rotate out the top 10 main skills and supports each league to force people to get creative, but that is only the part that enjoys watching the SSFHC race each league and roots for the off-meta builds.

The part of me that plays the game on SC trade league wishes they would just stop fucking with builds that are good but not great. Herald stacking? Sure, nerf the shit out of it. Cyclone? Maybe leave at least one melee skill that doesn't feel like getting punched in the balls to play.