Path of Exile

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Nerfing skills because of a mechanic you added (cluster jewels) seems a bit silly. Don't see why they'd nerf cyclone to be honest, it's not that great. Impale I can live with, it's not like you see masses of players playing melee and some fights are still tough for close combat.

Stacking is gone, they have to nerf that no question as it's the root of 90% of the problems.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
and you'd hope they'd be different than the other guys in this regard
To be fair, it's somewhat "good" for the meta when they do it like this because it forces rotate skills and people don't play the same shit over and over unless they really like it(many summoners and cyclone boys for example). It sucks if you really liked the skill even when it wasn't overpowered, but for most people they just play what's strong, so while they bitch about the nerfs they'll just play whatever is strong the league after anyway even if the shit they were playing barely got nerfed. It's also a way(not necessarily a good way but a way) to make people consider playing the new skills they bother adding every league and reworked skills, instead of just playing old skills again.

As for Storm Brand honestly that's an obvious nerf, just make it so recalling the brand removes the archmage buff. It was mechanically flawed that Storm Brand alone(well Armageddon too I guess) could just pay the archmage cost once and then never pay it again while still getting the full humongous amount of damage, when Archmage is purely balanced around the fact it makes your skills costs a shit ton.

That and notable stacking which had to be the most retarded idea they had in a while. Yes it sucks if Timmy's 2nd cluster jewel in the league is the same as the first and they don't stack, but surely they should have guessed allowing stacking was going to cause many weird issues. At the very least limits, which they already had with treshold jewels for the same reason, from back when people played Grand Spectrum and stacked 25 of them.

Anyway same shit every league, people crying stuff is dead when it likely won't be completely dead, and then playing some new broken shit that's just as good if not better than the previous league. It's not like them nerfing shit somehow makes the game harder or slower, because they always add even more stupid shit.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The one thing notable stacking severely highlighted was berserker sucks. God it sucks.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hopefully the answer to that tweet is "They are both loved by everyone" and not "They are getting blitzed by a giant fiery meteorite

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Because of stat stacking? They probably won't because they nerfed those builds by nerfing Shaper's Touch.

Mostly just because my current build uses 12 of them and I plan to keep playing it in Standard.

I wonder if they will make the Notables completely non-stack, or have a maximum of 2 or 3 of each.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I heard you like some bloat, so I put some bloat in your bloat.

*memepicturehere*

Evernothing

Wow. I just discovered the method for obtaining the Emperor's Mastery jewels. What an incredibly stupid mechanic.

Evernothing

Big thanks to everyone who helped me out with currency this league.

It allowed me to try a ridiculous build I never would have been able on my own.

Hell, I just found my 1st exalt of Delirium on my third character.....and a 2nd about 10mins after lol.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Where’s the link to archmage nerfage? I was expecting herald stacking to get nerfed but wasn’t sure on how they’d handle archmage

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There's nothing to link. Bex jokingly compared the build to dinosaurs, like it's funny to make light of their inability to even approach proper balance anymore.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I mean, there's no real way to balance archmage with brands that wouldn't involve completely gutting either gem, so I assume they mean to just make it unable to support brand skills.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I wonder how they are going to deal with Orb of Storms. Or maybe they already figured that one out and it wasn't popular enough to warrant taunting.

Ross

Peasant
Hey guys, looks like we have our very own tryhard fucktard for this thread. We did it fam.

You're honestly telling me that trading is hard in this game.Alt-tabbing over to the trade site and whispering a guy is just too much work.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 users

Ross

Peasant
AAAAAAH yes, getting trade tells when running lab or maps you can't get out of, or while doing end game bosses is A + fucking design, the fucking best ever.
Selling hundred of maps is also not a chore at fucking all, i mean, unless you want to actually play the fucking game not sit there trading with random fucking people for a couple hours.
Plus i feel fucking enriched by this quick non conversation that involves an automated tell, a party invite and a trade. Wow. Such great fucking game design, Clearly helps build community which is the excuse we get for not getting an auction house.

Fuck off.

While you were learning the naughty word "fuck" I was trading for items. Know how I did it? Opening up the trade site, whispering a dude, and then saying thank you.

:emoji_relieved:

• 1Faggotry