Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Pretty emphatic meh, honestly. There were a few things they can learn from this system, like the value of targeted annuls and exalts. But the system overall was quite rough.
  • Setting up and managing your garden is beyond gay.
  • You can harvest long streaks of T1 plots without finding valuable crafts.
  • Or, on average, it would take multiple decent play sessions to get the amount of crafts needed for a decent chance at the item you wanted, so it wasn't much different than just saving up and buying the item you wanted(market would ensure this anyway).
  • All seed plots are full of garbage. I love popping T2+ plots just to convert currency, store a fractured craft I'll never use or sell, and then make more horties. No one likes to be shown that they are wasting their time, that's part of the benefit of loot filters. Having so much cruft crafts in Harvest is psychologically undermining. It's the same reason people complain about boss drops commonly.
  • Garden as an extension of the map was fucking stupid. I LOVED trying to craft on maps with ground effects! The average person couldn't just pop their plots whenever, they had to wait for well-rolled high tier maps. Not a big deal, but annoying. The worst was the garden adding another juicing dimension to the map, specifically with fully delirious maps. Just another way for those with the currency to sustain fractured maps to further distort the economy.
They should polish it up and make it SSF only. Or add the star crafts as rare currency drops from seed encounters in maps and get rid of the rest of the system.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Nope, they introduced a mechanic that made the entire game more accessible to everyone and now they are going to give us back the shit from before. They better have a doozy of a league mechanic lined up for the next one or everyone is just going to remember how much fun it was to craft their own gear and stop playing much earlier when they have to go back to the old shitty way of doing it. Oh, and they will be reminded how fucking awful trading is.

Best comment from that thread:

View attachment 292686

Didn't they have really low player numbers this league?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My guess is those players got turned off by the garden. Once you set it up and once they put in the big tanks, no problem. There may be some truth to the “I crafted mirror shit and am done,” but I don’t think they lost those people any faster than usual. They lost casuals.

Thing is, I made many many exalts selling partially complete rings, boots, and amulets as bases. Same with wands. so you could move rares decently.

I ended up thoroughly enjoying the league.And DW is right that the amount of bullshit and rarity of crafts made it take the same amount of time if you saved up or invested in a SSF nature. That was I think ther intent. But trading via discord sped that up too much I bet. My one experience with that soured me. I had T1 chaos res, 30% MS, tailwind, and T1 CDR boots I’d fucking crafted myself yanked trying to buy remove/add life. So I said piss off on that trading shit

I duo a lot with a really good player that makes shitty builds do a lot, but he struggled this league getting his set together. At the end, he doesn’t craft. Doesn’t know it; doesn’t want to and he hates the league. He wants to have big explosions and buy his shit and grind. I understand.

Spellslinger will get a nerf, but it shouldn’t. The damage isn’t great unless you go crit and so on. Requires way more investment than any CoC build. The real problem is Bone offering and the close proximity of so many good block nodes for necro. People played because it’s a brick shithouse. Even the crit/life version is absurd and you’re not max block all the time on it.This is also skewed because it was so easy to hit max chaos resist. Am average player ignores chaos res or might get slightly positive with it. Rarely max it then use an easy to get timeless to direct half the way more copious ele damage there. That needs to be harder to do. Harvest not being there will help.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The league mechanic was shit but the deterministic crafting opened up a whole bunch of casual and semi-casuals, like myself, who had never bothered with POE crafting before because the barriers to entry in time, money, and knowledge were all too high. It changed with this league. A ton of us were actually using POEdb and learning how to block prefixes/suffixes or target non-targetable affixes. Now that we know it can be done in such a way going back to the old way is going to be a punch to the dick. THAT is what is going to turn people off; not longing for building the garden or or picking up seeds but knowing that for one league crafting was fun and accessible instead of frustrating and reserved for those that have much more time and in-game resources.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The end result is apparently good and the actual crafting ok, just didn't like the farming mechanic at all.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I feel like the try hards and the semi-casuals (none of us on this board are casual gamers) are talking past each other here.

No one wants this league to go core. The garden is a shitfest, the micromanagement was awful, and the bosses were just stupid.

Everyone who isn't a shithead wants more deterministic crafting to remain. It makes incremental character progression a thing that you can do without having to sit for hours on the trade sites. You can do it by actually playing the goddamn game. That should be the gold standard for any developer. Anyone who gives a shit about the mirror tier gear being crafted at a higher rate is being silly. Oh no, now 1% of players make mirror tier gear instead of .1% of players. The horror! Fuck off with that bullshit. Also, if you care about the economy in Standard then you're a fucking retard and need to find a new hobby.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I feel like the try hards and the semi-casuals (none of us on this board are casual gamers) are talking past each other here.

No one wants this league to go core. The garden is a shitfest, the micromanagement was awful, and the bosses were just stupid.

Everyone who isn't a shithead wants more deterministic crafting to remain. It makes incremental character progression a thing that you can do without having to sit for hours on the trade sites. You can do it by actually playing the goddamn game. That should be the gold standard for any developer. Anyone who gives a shit about the mirror tier gear being crafted at a higher rate is being silly. Oh no, now 1% of players make mirror tier gear instead of .1% of players. The horror! Fuck off with that bullshit. Also, if you care about the economy in Standard then you're a fucking retard and need to find a new hobby.

Pretty much. I don’t really craft my own stuff, there are exceptions but it mostly went out the window once bench crafting got nerfed. I spent over 5k alts in legion trying to craft a staff before the bench nerf and ended up just buying one from someone else anyway since I never hit the combo I wanted. If I could progress somewhat logically towards an item I’d try crafting more items. I understand crafting and know how to do it but I don’t enjoy wasting all my currency and limited-ish time on horrific rng.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Reduce the cost of suffix or prefix cannot be changed and add targeted orbs for fire, cold, chaos, lightning, and phys and we can just move on.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Got to 99, made pretty good gear for every slot except a weapon, will probably spend the rest of the league trying to craft a gg weapon simply because it's obtainable.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Reduce the cost of suffix or prefix cannot be changed and add targeted orbs for fire, cold, chaos, lightning, and phys and we can just move on.
Attack instead of phys. Phys gets you cheap explodey chests. Which, personally I don't care about, but I'm pretty sure tailwind/elusive boots and explodey chests are fueling their reaction to not make this core right now.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
They got on the right track with headhunter and the self curse stuff. Maybe put some limits on the buff stacks or something. It’s a fun item in solo play so just chip away at it until the power stays the same for the average shitter but doesn’t scale to infinity. They just took too long to address it and basically condoned the absurd shit people were doing with it prior to this league.

Calling for a nerf to headhunter is no different than calling for a nerf to builds that erase bosses in 1 second. Careful for what you wish for.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Calling for a nerf to headhunter is no different than calling for a nerf to builds that erase bosses in 1 second. Careful for what you wish for.
I don't see how those are similar. Boss drops rarely fuel the economy since access to them is gated by drops. Thus, kill speed is a small percentage of that content.

Compared to bossing, maps are basically unrestricted. Thus, speeding up clear speed with HH can greatly distort the economy.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
HH hasn't been anything but a novelty since Legion. It doesn't break anything right now.

My shit Mjolnir Raider can clear a T16 rare map in 60 seconds. Why would HH even matter? Clear speed is the one thing this game now has in fucking spades due to shit like splodey chests, tailwind boots, etc.

HH was basically OP for 5 ways to get more loot than practically any other build, but they changed that so now it doesn't even matter.

HH is a status symbol at this point. It's like owning a luxury car. Is it better than a 30k sedan? Probably. Is it 70k better? Almost certainly not. But thats still the first thing people do when they get a little money because they've just seen it done before and don't know better.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That's kinda the point, they're designing content around a novelty item. Pretty sure Delirium encounter was affected by this.

Can your shitty Mjolner Raider clear 100% Delirious T19 triple Beyonded 6-man maps?

• 1Like

Caeden

Attack instead of phys. Phys gets you cheap explodey chests. Which, personally I don't care about, but I'm pretty sure tailwind/elusive boots and explodey chests are fueling their reaction to not make this core right now.
Aye. That’s fair. Or reconfigure that mod to not be phys or remove the tag.

I YOLO’d mine and removed explodey. but it’s easy as fuck to get back. Too easy.

Xevy

Log Wizard
That's kinda the point, they're designing content around a novelty item. Pretty sure Delirium encounter was affected by this.

Can your shitty Mjolner Raider clear 100% Delirious T19 triple Beyonded 6-man maps?
Aurabots are as or more important than HH for that. In fact a lot of people don't use HH for that because they outpace their supports.

Give my chieftain 5 bots and I'll gladly clear it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Aurabots are as or more important than HH for that. In fact a lot of people don't use HH for that because they outpace their supports.

Give my chieftain 5 bots and I'll gladly clear it.
So now you're equating a group member to one item but saying that item shouldn't be nerfed?

• 1Worf