Path of Exile

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
They got on the right track with headhunter and the self curse stuff. Maybe put some limits on the buff stacks or something. It’s a fun item in solo play so just chip away at it until the power stays the same for the average shitter but doesn’t scale to infinity. They just took too long to address it and basically condoned the absurd shit people were doing with it prior to this league.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Also, Bottled Faith is fucking ridiculous too. My first time using one. It’s not HH or Herald stacking but goddamn.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Bottled Faith is probably imbalanced in terms of power and ubiquity. But in terms of cost(5-15 exalts) it's probably a perfect chase item.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
This may be an unpopular opinion but I feel that the HH should be common enough to be a 5-10ex item. It's something that everyone should experience. It shouldn't be a gated chase item at all.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
HH isn't even all that unreasonable when you just wear it. It's a great boost to map clear, but everyone has this perception that the second you put it on you turn in to cutedog and are larger than the entire screen and clearing mobs from across the map.

If they removed all the temp chains garbage and deleted inspired learning entirely HH would be perfectly fine for the most part.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Anyone wanna sell or offload some phys spell gear? I've finally got time to try out some more builds this league now that work has stopped cucking me and want to dick with bladefall/bladeblast.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
HH isn't even all that unreasonable when you just wear it. It's a great boost to map clear, but everyone has this perception that the second you put it on you turn in to cutedog and are larger than the entire screen and clearing mobs from across the map.

If they removed all the temp chains garbage and deleted inspired learning entirely HH would be perfectly fine for the most part.
Why would I want to turn into an uber-cringe weeb?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Harvest is getting cut, for now atleast.

I see their point of how the tip top items being this easy to make would be an issue if left in long term but i really hope they give us some of the power of these crafting options back atleast. While farming, horticrafting stations, pylons, etc etc everything to get to the crafting was trash the crafting options felt great...I found it really satisfying to work on my items in this way, slowly perfecting an item by rerolling life or whatever doesnt feel like a shortcut (compared to buying a completed item thats the biggest shortcut there is) and more like a ladder of small improvements to me hence it felt satisfying. And when/if they bring it back i really hope the crafts are tradeable like beasts are.

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
The experience of slicing away a specific mod and working to selectively attempt one was really satisfying, but definitely OP. I think having a few of the items I made might not have been too crazy, but having top tier gear all around for my time played...their decision doesn't surprise me.

Caeden

I see their point, but I am still disappointed. I'd really only liked to have seen deterministic resistance crafting stay. Force you back to alt rolling influence items and maybe having the suffix/prefix rerolls. Welp...back to fossil and maybe awakener orb crafting at best for me.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Nope, they introduced a mechanic that made the entire game more accessible to everyone and now they are going to give us back the shit from before. They better have a doozy of a league mechanic lined up for the next one or everyone is just going to remember how much fun it was to craft their own gear and stop playing much earlier when they have to go back to the old shitty way of doing it. Oh, and they will be reminded how fucking awful trading is.

Best comment from that thread:

1597278996561.png

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Argarth

On the verandah
PoE 2 won't be significantly different. The "RNG Economy" is the foundation of this game, and Chris has never shied away from that fact.

You could be right though, the biggest mistake might have been trying this experiment in the first place, at least for casual player retention. On the other hand that's not where the bulk of the money comes from that has fueled their success and growth over the years. It probably won't harm them too much in the long run after all.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
figured it wouldnt go core but still unfortunate. really creative fun things you can do with the harvest crafts. i'd like to see this system return but maybe have it be rarer/harder to get the crafts in some way, atleast for influence items

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
like, remove/add cold modifiers and stuff like that can just be added to thecrafting bench. maybe not include stuff like caster/crit for now since some of those were op

Xevy

Log Wizard
It was too good to be a permanent league. It decimated trading rares and made it so looting was mostly pointless. Really cool for a league, but definitely breaking the foundation of the game in its current state.

Adding Oba to Betrayal with some craft options would be neat.

• 1Picard

Caeden

The only part i really liked the most was swapping resists and the targeted suffix/prefix re-rolling. We'll see...us casuals spend a bit on packs here and there too. I buy one $60 every other league.

Overall, I just hate crafting in this game outside fossil and maybe some of the awakener stuff. Its just too RNG to be called "crafting." I imagine their big boost post Diablo Immortal announcement is gone anyway once the casual d3 fans realized what the game was like. 1 out of 4 of my D3/WoW folks that tried has stuck with it.

Also...looting is MOSTLY pointless one week into league. Then its 84+ influence items, maybe jewels, and super rare drops that got picked up anyway this league.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's not even *that* easy. Aside from a few jewels, I've bought all my rares rather than crafted them myself because the cost is roughly the same or cheaper, and the time investment is orders of magnitude less. Especially if you refuse to use Discord for anything.

There's still a ton of shit you can't target reliably (or at all) too. Like if you want minion stuff, you need to run through a few of the usual layers of RNG crafting gambling before you get to the point where farmville can finish it off. The only difference is that you can actually finish the item (with enough rolls of the dice) in most cases without there being a constant risk of bricking the item and having to start over.

The part for me that made dealing with PLAYER INTERACTION bearable this league compared to every other league was coming up with item searches that would find things that the seller didn't realize could be easily finished off and instantly become far more powerful/valuable. 99% of those items would just be garbage in any other league.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Harvest was never going core you nerds. What were they gonna do, add it as another 10% random map spawn chance like every other mechanic? You'd never accomplish even building out a garden much less craft anything at those rates, and if they made it a permanent fixture of mapping it'd basically invalidate any future league mechanics they made.

• 1EyeRoll

Caeden

I’d make my own sunk cost fallacy that it should be core in some fashion, but not that goddamn garden!

Caeden

Harvest unique maps of decked out gardens that you get crafts added to your bench and are only available via zana. 1 each for the color plus a triple color what’s her face map with a higher chance of rarer crafts.