Path of Exile

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m 50% remove it and 50% Kythik’s suggestion to make its rarity on par with bottled faith.

Xevy

Log Wizard
So now you're equating a group member to one item but saying that item shouldn't be nerfed?
No? Maybe at the low end like a purely defensive aurabot, but no. I'd rather have any aurabot 100% of the time than HH 100% of the time.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys ever play with these items or builds or just watch Empyrian videos to get buttmad about stuff.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Luckily for people who generate a non-insignificant chunk of the currency and items in the economy, aurabots and HH aren't exclusive! I have no idea where you're going with this whataboutism with aurabots. Aurabots, group currency farming, and even just party play itself are issues in PoE, but not something that makes HH ok.

No one here is buttmad. It's admittedly an old conversation that will have no resolution while Chris Wilson still helms GGG. How should we discuss this item and its issues with your approval?

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm tempted to just buy you guys a HH so you can use it, realize it doesn't beat the game for you, and then you can come down off that hill.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’ve used one a few times. It doesn’t. But it sure speeds up clear, and clear is all that matters.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Attack instead of phys. Phys gets you cheap explodey chests. Which, personally I don't care about, but I'm pretty sure tailwind/elusive boots and explodey chests are fueling their reaction to not make this core right now.
If an entire league mechanic is being discarded because the idea of a couple mods being accessible to the peons is unthinkable, then perhaps it's not the mechanic that is the problem.

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If an entire league mechanic is being discarded because the idea of a couple mods being accessible to the peons is unthinkable, then perhaps it's not the mechanic that is the problem.
That's a fair point and I'll admit entirely speculation on my part. I can't recall any confirmation from GGG that they didn't like how common the aforementioned was.

I remember a time when getting a 6L was a grueling task and worthy of character progression. I mean, technically, it still is. In most builds, another support is at least 30% more damage. They've made 6L easy and common enough that's assumed. I no longer make starter builds around 5L with maybe the exception of chaos DOT builds because that 6th link isn't that great.

Just kinda talking out loud, maybe they wanted to avoid what happened to 6L happening to some of the influence mods. That said, in terms of progression, explodey chests should be more common since it helps clear. Tailwind/elusive, I could see reason for that staying rare since that helps on bossing mostly.

Xevy

Log Wizard
"around" has many meanings and you purposefully chose the wrong one. Please let me know when you're ready to have an honest conversation instead of being a disingenuous cunt.
Sorry that I thought your words meant what words mean.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
HH was basically OP for 5 ways to get more loot than practically any other build, but they changed that so now it doesn't even matter.

That's kinda the point, they're designing content around a novelty item. Pretty sure Delirium encounter was affected by this.

You're a special kind of stupid If you can't understand what was being heavily inferred above. I took what you wrote and agreed with it. And then reinforced it by saying they likely did the same to Simulacrum before even releasing it.

But anyway, now that we've established that content is being changed or designed, good or bad, with HH in mind, we can return to the main argument. Why is that ok?

Xevy

Log Wizard
So your words now mean what I said they meant. Great to know!

Like I said, HH hasn't mattered since Legion. Thats now 3 entire leagues (Harvest/Delirium/Metamorph) or almost 1 full year (domain of timeless conflict loot rewards were changed sep 6th 2019) since it mattered. Delirium maps? Del orb maps aren't timed so that's irrelevant. Regular delirium? Limited by mob density firstly and layout second.

Let's see for Metamorph it did practically nothing for the league. More auras on the bosses that were instagibbed anyways? Wowwee!

Harvest? Thanks to partial immunity phases during adds and temp chains nerf, you don't get shit! Neat!

Super t19 delirium maps? Not timed. It's not a race. At that point you're probably running with a crew of aurabots and HH is moot.

So yeah, let's continue arguing about an item that hasn't been anywhere NEAR required for content for 11+ months. And even then I watched people do 5 rows in league without HH, it was just that HH was a large efficiency jump for that ONE particular designed fight.

I wouldn't mind if they dropped the rarity of it. Everyone can have one for all I care, because in the end you're going to find out that HH wasn't a cure-all for poorly built, poorly geared, and way offmeta builds.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
From 16 hours ago:

So they are very aware of it, which means if they force you back to the RNG gamble and the bullshit of trade then that is what PoE2 is going to look like as well.

This really means they should commit to making currency less RNG and/or making the bench cost more but be far more deterministic with a lot more options taken from Harvest.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
They nerf shit continuously.

Yes, they do, but nothing they nerf is the self-proclaimed "chaser" item, that's reserved for HH and nothing more. Nerfing it removes it from being a chaser really. It's already lost a lot of it's appeal after the tree changes and recent nerf. Even Chris calls it their "chaser", the item everyone wants to get. HH is not anywhere close to as powerful as many other things in the game, it merely is the most "visible" because you can run fast as hell, etc etc with it. But it's generally a terrible item to use without at least two inspired learnings, and it's also something you'd never use on a boss except a map boss. The builds needed to make HH work pigeon hole them into a singular purpose (map clearing), which is just like things like a delve build, etc.

I am always frustrated why HH gets this special treatment as something that needs to be nerfed.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So your words now mean what I said they meant. Great to know!

Like I said, HH hasn't mattered since Legion. Thats now 3 entire leagues (Harvest/Delirium/Metamorph) or almost 1 full year (domain of timeless conflict loot rewards were changed sep 6th 2019) since it mattered. Delirium maps? Del orb maps aren't timed so that's irrelevant. Regular delirium? Limited by mob density firstly and layout second.

Let's see for Metamorph it did practically nothing for the league. More auras on the bosses that were instagibbed anyways? Wowwee!

Harvest? Thanks to partial immunity phases during adds and temp chains nerf, you don't get shit! Neat!

Super t19 delirium maps? Not timed. It's not a race. At that point you're probably running with a crew of aurabots and HH is moot.

So yeah, let's continue arguing about an item that hasn't been anywhere NEAR required for content for 11+ months. And even then I watched people do 5 rows in league without HH, it was just that HH was a large efficiency jump for that ONE particular designed fight.

I wouldn't mind if they dropped the rarity of it. Everyone can have one for all I care, because in the end you're going to find out that HH wasn't a cure-all for poorly built, poorly geared, and way offmeta builds.
Thank you for making my point for me. Think of the ways the last year of content could have been designed without HH. Simulacrum could have been Endless Ledge 2.0, that would have been pretty cool.

I disagree about HH being moot in currency farming. It allows you to farm harder maps earlier. You're in a race against other groups, the economy itself, and your own group. Most of them breakup after a week after reaching their farming goals. HH allows them farm more currency in set amount time, which inherently inflates the economy and devalues your drops.

If HH isn't as good as you're purporting, why does it command the price it does? Rarity alone isn't enough. There are many rare items that cost alchs to single exalts due to no demand.

AladainAF AladainAF See above. I've espoused these points many times, even today. The very short summary is that it affects my game experience despite never owning one.

Xevy

Log Wizard
They're expensive because most people never get to high end but every drooling moron thinks they'll get one and become a farming god. My group has gotten several over the last few leagues. Usually use them for a day or two then just sell them because ultimately the 50-80 ex is more worthwhile.

But everyone buys into the hype and the limited ways to get the item change each league giving the vague illusion of it being rarer, but the truth is there's always at least 5 ways to get HH (Cameria, delve, Einhar, Sac 3, and cards) and thats just off the top of my head.

In fact if you guys want it just get a character to 40. Never level it. Turn in "Wretched" stacks to get ilvl 40 uniques. Now not only do you have a straight up chance of getting a HH, you now have an Ancient Orb target and a Temple Sac 3 target! Now if you actually want one, you'll get it much faster than you'll earn the 50 ex!

Then you can come in here and tell me it's the game breaker that ruins the game for everyone whether they have it or not!

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Yes, they do, but nothing they nerf is the self-proclaimed "chaser" item, that's reserved for HH and nothing more. Nerfing it removes it from being a chaser really. It's already lost a lot of it's appeal after the tree changes and recent nerf. Even Chris calls it their "chaser", the item everyone wants to get. HH is not anywhere close to as powerful as many other things in the game, it merely is the most "visible" because you can run fast as hell, etc etc with it. But it's generally a terrible item to use without at least two inspired learnings, and it's also something you'd never use on a boss except a map boss. The builds needed to make HH work pigeon hole them into a singular purpose (map clearing), which is just like things like a delve build, etc.

I am always frustrated why HH gets this special treatment as something that needs to be nerfed.

I've never bought one, some one here gave me one end of last league and it was the biggest difference an item has ever made that I've used. It wasn't a terrible item at all and was a hell of a lot of fun. Maybe the temp chains nerf was enough, I'm not in the know on high end poe gameplay but it seemed to me like it didn't need to be much more powerful than it already was when I was using it. I still want one, I just can't afford them. It doesn't bother me that I can't, I don't put the effort in. I don't think it should be removed or straight gutted but limited in scale, which again, maybe it is now.