Path of Exile

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I’m intrigued by these hexblast things. Seems to me you’d run flammability attached to the doomblast support. Can you support doomblast with damage supports? I know it is a support gem itself....

that gives you more likely ignites and nice big - fire resistance. Then you run a 6L hexblast. I figure for anything but beefy rares you could two button it. On bosses, I thought about cursing flammability then despair then hit hexblast twice then start over.

sounds exhausting, but I’m intrigued. Run it as CI. And if doomblast accepts damage supports, you could do soul strike and a spell bow.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah think I'm going Dom Blow for start. Tried it a few leagues ago and it felt ok, probably feel better now with the +strike range changes on the tree.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Not sure what to do. There's so many more options with alt gems converting phys to elemental all over the place. The right alt gem + alt support and you're converting like 40-100% of the physical damage already. Saves on uniques/watcher's eyes, etc. Make Elementalist look a lot more tasty and Inquisitor too.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm not planning my first, or probably even second, build around alt gems. There's so fucking many and they are only from the final tier of heist content so there's a pretty real chance any of the good ones are turbo expensive.

Kinda thinking I might go chieftan start and use a staff for something like fireball or armageddon brand with a 6l discharge backup for omega nukes and big ignites.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not planning my first, or probably even second, build around alt gems. There's so fucking many and they are only from the final tier of heist content so there's a pretty real chance any of the good ones are turbo expensive.

Kinda thinking I might go chieftan start and use a staff for something like fireball or armageddon brand with a 6l discharge backup for omega nukes and big ignites.
I had a similar thought. Clearing with Armaggedon Brand looks like ass though. I was thinking Fireball Flame Wall Trickster to league start, respec into Assassin Crackling Lance Discharge with Stormfire.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I had a similar thought. Clearing with Armaggedon Brand looks like ass though. I was thinking Fireball Flame Wall Trickster to league start, respec into Assassin Crackling Lance Discharge with Stormfire.

Yea I've never played arma brand but the delay on it looks like ass. Fireball numbers are so big though you could probably easily just run GMP and use it for omega clear, then just use discharge for additional single target damage.

How do you scale fire damage on trickster? Just raw spell damage nodes?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Jesus fucking christ maybe I'm not going chieftan. I forgot how goddamn miserable marauder start is for any kind of spell build.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yea I've never played arma brand but the delay on it looks like ass. Fireball numbers are so big though you could probably easily just run GMP and use it for omega clear, then just use discharge for additional single target damage.

How do you scale fire damage on trickster? Just raw spell damage nodes?
"increased Spell Damage" doesn't apply to ignite. I'm not sure I understand your question.

I would be considering Chieftan if didn't conflict with using archmage and EE later.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
How high can one get gem quality? Alt quality Berserk gives 2% more spell damage per quality, that seems insane if you just do a spell totem build with Tukohama's Fortress, as you can get the rage for free with Chainbreaker.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How high can one get gem quality? Alt quality Berserk gives 2% more spell damage per quality, that seems insane if you just do a spell totem build with Tukohama's Fortress, as you can get the rage for free with Chainbreaker.
23% like usual, assuming you corrupt it right. If it's an active skill like Berserk, you can also enhance for a bunch more. Not too sure what's max lvl enhance but a corrupted lvl 4 enhance would be another 24%.

It's 1% per quality though, it's 20% more for 20% quality. So you'd be basically looking at 47% more out of this setup. You'll need a way to generate rage and uptime isn't permanent on it regardless I think due to the cooldown and rage requirements.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
23% like usual, assuming you corrupt it right. If it's an active skill like Berserk, you can also enhance for a bunch more. Not too sure what's max lvl enhance but a corrupted lvl 4 enhance would be another 24%.

It's 1% per quality though, it's 20% more for 20% quality. So you'd be basically looking at 47% more out of this setup. You'll need a way to generate rage and uptime isn't permanent on it regardless I think due to the cooldown and rage requirements.
Chainbreaker from Lethal Pride converts mana regen to rage regen. The downside is you lose rage when you hit a target but that drawback doesn't apply to totems, or you could use a spell that doesn't hit. That let's you use the rage on Berserk alone.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Chainbreaker from Lethal Pride converts mana regen to rage regen. The downside is you lose rage when you hit a target but that drawback doesn't apply to totems, or you could use a spell that doesn't hit. That let's you use the rage on Berserk alone.
Skill says the cooldown doesn't recover during its use and since it increases consumption every second, I guess at some point it'll run out. Chainbreaker also only converts the regen to rage regen, but your baseline rage regen is only 3(assuming no other sources I don't really know), so you'll still run out after like 15-20secs(not too sure how much mana regen you're planning). Plus the issue of not having actual mana regen to drop totems, I guess a mana potion or blood magic fixes that though.

Not saying it's bad, looks pretty good tbh, just there's a fair amount of limitations to make it super OP.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
gonna league start cold-dot so please toss any rime gazes in guild bank instead of vendoring, thx!

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
jesus christ 800 alternate quality gems. clearly what this game sorely needed was more complexity

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I want to do stuff with Flame Wall but I'm a potato. How quickly will the actual good players figure out if there's good things to do with it and what those things are?

Put culling strike on it

Prob do burning arrow trickster if you're going that route

This looks good too:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Path of Matth is doing GC totems. Soul mantle will be pricey. He’s gotten a fair bit of followers. It’s not Mathil level but he definitely influenced tremor rod.

I’m doing GC mines, but i plan to try salvo as i go. Hopefully tremor rod is cheaper with the BL nerf but I plan to flip to low life.

after that I’ll probably do dark pact totems.