Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Put culling strike on it

Prob do burning arrow trickster if you're going that route

This looks good too:

Wasn't Hollow Palm like dozens of exalts for weeks in harvest? Seems like a poor starter idea.

Think I'm gonna just start mines of some kind. Never played them before and both fireball and glacial cascade look like they could be strong there.

I still do like the idea of chieftan fireball/arma/discharge something or other but I don't think I can stomach league starting a caster marauder.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Wasn't Hollow Palm like dozens of exalts for weeks in harvest? Seems like a poor starter idea.

Think I'm gonna just start mines of some kind. Never played them before and both fireball and glacial cascade look like they could be strong there.

I still do like the idea of chieftan fireball/arma/discharge something or other but I don't think I can stomach league starting a caster marauder.
Are you set on using discharge immediately?

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thinking poison blade vortex assassin, hopefully it works out okay for heist as I've never tried it (or played an assassin).

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Are you set on using discharge immediately?

Naw, it just seems like a nice easy chunk of single target ignite on an otherwise caster chieftan build since you've already got the endurance charges to power it.

Maybe fireball scales better than I give it credit for and you could just swap GMP for a different support for bosses and be fine without discharge?

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ziz hasn't steered me wrong before, I had a grand ol' time with his SS VD/DD build last league, so I'm debating between these two.

I've been jonesing for a change of pace so a 'spellcaster' Marauder (read: not a 2H donk boi) seems interesting, even if it's not the fastest thing in the world.

And Crackling Lance just looked cool AF, aesthetically, and I've yet to try an Archmage/mana build, so this one is also calling out to me.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Going vortex/cold snap occultist to start league with...Will try salvo and lance while leveling though and i definetly have other builds/skills i want to try out this league. GL everyone for league start

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Naw, it just seems like a nice easy chunk of single target ignite on an otherwise caster chieftan build since you've already got the endurance charges to power it.

Maybe fireball scales better than I give it credit for and you could just swap GMP for a different support for bosses and be fine without discharge?
Gem swapping is gay though. You'd have to swap out fork as well.

Trickster fireball with flame wall supplemental should be enough into red maps. You could even toss a fire trap on the same links as flame wall for more boss damage.

Then just respec into Assassin for Discharge.

Caliane

I want to do stuff with Flame Wall but I'm a potato. How quickly will the actual good players figure out if there's good things to do with it and what those things are?
probably should be able to base a flame wall build off any old scorching ray more or less.

necro, elem, or templar.

elefocus, spiritural aid, divine judgement.
orb of storms to proc EE likely. with added cold damage to spells gear. dont make use of added fire damage to projectiles yourself. I would think EE would be more damage, then using spellslinger and power siphon/barrage, whatever.

probably not use spell cascade. let you cast walls in different locations, instead of 3 in one spot.

Can get real fancy with burning arrow, and ignite. just remember Burning is not ignite. Burning is not an ailment. Elementalist bacon of ruin for example, does NOT effect burning.
go herald of ash/golems if you go elementalist.

which actually, yeah. elementalist EE.. discord and elemancer.
herald of lit, ash, and ice. Ash does not ADD fire damage to spells. it "gains phys as fire". so orb of storms will deal ice and lit damage. While Ash will buff your burning damage greatly.

A triherald orb of storms ought to autobomb most trash as well.

super basic start. self cast. not even getting into uniques, or any thing.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Ziz hasn't steered me wrong before, I had a grand ol' time with his SS VD/DD build last league, so I'm debating between these two.

I've been jonesing for a change of pace so a 'spellcaster' Marauder (read: not a 2H donk boi) seems interesting, even if it's not the fastest thing in the world.

And Crackling Lance just looked cool AF, aesthetically, and I've yet to try an Archmage/mana build, so this one is also calling out to me.

I played bladefall chieftan last league and it's pretty sick. It's a two-button build though which is clunky by a lot of peoples standards, but it's nice cause you can either go mondo tank mode or just dual wield for omega dps or do something in between.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I played bladefall chieftan last league and it's pretty sick. It's a two-button build though which is clunky by a lot of peoples standards, but it's nice cause you can either go mondo tank mode or just dual wield for omega dps or do something in between.

Good to know. Is it possible to macro the second cast? I always macro my flasks to a mouse button as soon as I hit 3 utility so I got no qualms about such ethics. Although I am leaning towards SCSSF starting with the Archmage, getting a handle on all the league shit, and then possibly rerolling HCSSF (shooting for lvl 90 achievement which I've never got on HC) as the Chieftan, should the league prove entertaining.

Going vortex/cold snap occultist to start league with...Will try salvo and lance while leveling though and i definetly have other builds/skills i want to try out this league. GL everyone for league start

This was the build I used back in Betrayal and was the first time I "beat" PoE, killing uber elder. For my money it's the absolute best way to do a two-button build, as most of your time can be used on instant-cast single-button Vortexing packs as you phase through them, and then when extra damage is needed, you got your right click locked and loaded with CS. And it allows for a ghetto prolif/explode feel by doing the aforementioned run-through-packs but keep your mouse on the edge of the screen so you can CS the next pack at the same time, effectively clearing the screen (and even a bit more). Really fun, and always the build I compare to when I'm examining current classes and skills.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Have any nerds come up with a ‘best aq gems’ hotlist yet? My eyes start to cross as I try to get thru that post

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I never bothered trying to macro anything with bladefall. Just get some cast speed and it felt fine really, as one bladefall + one bladeblast cleared basically the entire screen usually.

I think Deathwing Deathwing has convinced me and I'm gonna go fireball trickster just for a smooth start instead of slamming myself in the nuts over and over trying to start a marauder from nothing.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Good to know. Is it possible to macro the second cast? I always macro my flasks to a mouse button as soon as I hit 3 utility so I got no qualms about such ethics. Although I am leaning towards SCSSF starting with the Archmage, getting a handle on all the league shit, and then possibly rerolling HCSSF (shooting for lvl 90 achievement which I've never got on HC) as the Chieftan, should the league prove entertaining.

This was the build I used back in Betrayal and was the first time I "beat" PoE, killing uber elder. For my money it's the absolute best way to do a two-button build, as most of your time can be used on instant-cast single-button Vortexing packs as you phase through them, and then when extra damage is needed, you got your right click locked and loaded with CS. And it allows for a ghetto prolif/explode feel by doing the aforementioned run-through-packs but keep your mouse on the edge of the screen so you can CS the next pack at the same time, effectively clearing the screen (and even a bit more). Really fun, and always the build I compare to when I'm examining current classes and skills.
You could macro the second cast but it sounds like a good way to die randomly because your stopped to cast twice in a row when you should have moved inbetween, like spell echo but without the faster cast speed. Ultimately it's probably better to just cast twice. In a lot of cases you're not even going to use the 2nd button, trash white mobs die instantly to bladefall usually unless the map is really high tier(well it might depend on gear and mob types and all that), you just need to detonate the blades if stuff is still alive.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You could probably macro it, but the game does provide some ways around 1-2 combo aids. It's called Spellslinger, and it just got nerfed...

Poet's Pen works too for non league start situations. As does Kitava's Thirst. Spellslinger into KT is what I did last league.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I never bothered trying to macro anything with bladefall. Just get some cast speed and it felt fine really, as one bladefall + one bladeblast cleared basically the entire screen usually.

I think Deathwing Deathwing has convinced me and I'm gonna go fireball trickster just for a smooth start instead of slamming myself in the nuts over and over trying to start a marauder from nothing.

With Flame Wall!

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
God damnit. I was hammering enter until I couldn't help it, I had to take an epic dump. Tried to set up a macro to hammer the enter key but my ass wouldn't wait. Dumped ASAP, came back with

1600453716747.png

• 1Rustled