Path of Exile

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I need some animate guardian advice. I’m trying to run a cheaper one minus that regen helm and kingmaker. Playing carrion golem elementalist

I slapped on Leer Cast, Dying Breath, Zahndethus’ cassock, some vuln on hit gloves, and windscream (for another curse - I’m applying assassin Mark). I’ve got him supported by a decent helm with minion life and adding in +2 to level from global modifiers. My helm is very good minus that it doesn’t have the +gem level mod at all. He survives very well, but I’ve lost him on Sirus. Not a big loss but the gloves are about 50-70c each.

my thinking is the SOB is getting smacked by a meteor on accident. Is Sirus pretty much keep your finger on convocation during his shit like that? I like the build but this shit is why I never play minions or invest in a guardian. I don’t have the stomach to poof a big investment.

I guess I need to model him on PoB...

Xevy

Log Wizard
If you get the good regen helm and a 10% max hp as ES rare chest he'll never die. He'll literally stay in Sirus's tornados and out regen it. I'd say it's worth it over the small buffs from Leer Cast and Zandethus.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

If you get the good regen helm and a 10% max hp as ES rare chest he'll never die. He'll literally stay in Sirus's tornados and out regen it. I'd say it's worth it over the small buffs from Leer Cast and Zandethus.
What about on atziri? I’ve always just despawned on her for fear of losing to some fucking reflect.

Xevy

Log Wizard
What about on atziri? I’ve always just despawned on her for fear of losing to some fucking reflect.
Animate Guardian really shouldn't be putting out so much DPS that it kills itself, especially if it's just a buff bot with 1-2 links. But to be honest I've never done Uber Atiziri with it. Probably gotta google-fu that answer, but like I said mine could sit in A8 Sirus storms and he'd regen so much hp it was nearly impossible to die unless something could hit him for 50k damage straight up after resists.

Also getting a "recover 15% hp every 4 seconds" hunter BP to craft your max %life as ES shit is huge.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
You'll want to drop your AG for Atziri. Even with perfect timing with convocation on the split-phase, it's pretty risky. Expect to lose some golems too. At least, I had to portal out to resummon my golems when I killed her.

On gearing it, there are tons of videos. The temple helm isn't needed at all.

Caeden

You'll want to drop your AG for Atziri. Even with perfect timing with convocation on the split-phase, it's pretty risky. Expect to lose some golems too. At least, I had to portal out to resummon my golems when I killed her.

On gearing it, there are tons of videos. The temple helm isn't needed at all.
I think my ascendency takes care of that with respawning.

I’ll look around. Based on what I’d seen it was Mask of the Stitched demon and max resists with es as life craft. I wanted to do that and get an additional curse in but use an astral plate for help maxing resists.

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
Oh man I can't tell ya how many times I've had like 11c to my name and like 2 50c items for sale that I'm hoping sell. I then go pee and come back only to see a tell to buy it and they are like nah I got another already. Infuriating

I'd even leave my tell volume really loud and crank up the speakers so as I'm doing stuff in the house I'd hear tells so I could run over to sell something.

My kingdom for an offline auction tab.

• 1Solidarity

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I think my ascendency takes care of that with respawning.

I’ll look around. Based on what I’d seen it was Mask of the Stitched demon and max resists with es as life craft. I wanted to do that and get an additional curse in but use an astral plate for help maxing resists.
I ran without a Mask on my AG this league and did everything including Maven. I mostly followed Grimro's AG just because it was easy to get in his usual spreadsheets.

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Does anyone have a good resource on specter stuff? I’ve been watching some streamers and they say harvest blister lord and crush claw are key to obtain, and then u need to have them in a specter bank , and they like swap to another char for some reason, and some other stuff. I’m totally confused but wanna try out a specter setup next league in case they don’t nerf it, but I’ve never fucked with specters before. Steelmage basically said they are ridiculously op and I don’t understand why

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Does anyone have a good resource on specter stuff? I’ve been watching some streamers and they say harvest blister lord and crush claw are key to obtain, and then u need to have them in a specter bank , and they like swap to another char for some reason, and some other stuff. I’m totally confused but wanna try out a specter setup next league in case they don’t nerf it, but I’ve never fucked with specters before. Steelmage basically said they are ridiculously op and I don’t understand why

Steelmage is using his spectres as part of his Detonate Dead build. The reason he is using those two in particular is because when you desecrate to create corpses for DD, it can create a corpse from a spectre you brought into the map with you. Those two spectres you mentioned have high base health, and since the explode damage from DD scales off the health of the corpse it explodes, it adds a lot of damage. The actual spectres themselves do nothing in the build, they are just there for that purpose.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh man I can't tell ya how many times I've had like 11c to my name and like 2 50c items for sale that I'm hoping sell. I then go pee and come back only to see a tell to buy it and they are like nah I got another already. Infuriating

I'd even leave my tell volume really loud and crank up the speakers so as I'm doing stuff in the house I'd hear tells so I could run over to sell something.

My kingdom for an offline auction tab.
The best part of working at homes been always being online lol. So I just keep my headphones on and if I get a message I can do a trade even if I’m too busy to actually play. Made way way more income ever since

• 1Like

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Ghazzy does some pretty basic to 12+ mirror shit for minions.

He's retarded but has a good starting point.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I am crafting every goddamn influenced item I can. I will have some nice things even if it’s stuck in Standard, goddamnit!

That being said, console community is nothing like PC. I’ve only trusted 4 people this entire league to touch my items, leaving me running for almost all of my own crafts. The harvest changes have only gotten more mind boggling as it’s gone on. Guys, I’ve got atleast three dozen projects going on right now. Influenced rings, amulets, weapons, boots, gloves, jewels, fucking everything - for 3 specific builds of mine and tons of random stuff that I know are useful to someone else or something I might eventually play. Even with the crazy amount of stuff I have to craft, there are plenty of harvests where I can only use 1-2 actual crafts because they just don’t work for what I need or have too high of a chance of fucking the item up and costing me more. sometimes there are basically zero useful crafts - outside of like currency and map exchanges, stuff like that. Which I am also a HUGE fan of and hope that stays relatively untouched.

I’ve been keeping track and I got a Speed node on my 12th harvest tonight after not seeing any previous to that - 1 craft, and it was a reforge. It’s been really hard and grindy as fuck to get exactly what you want. I’ve started lowering the goalpost and just making stuff that’s decent, since time is running out. There are a couple 30-50+ ex items I’m working on though that simply will not take the risk of not having exactly the right craft. It’s been one of the most time consuming things I’ve done so far in this game and it’s still pretty heavily weighted RNG wise. My character absolutely feels stronger, but not anywhere close to broken. A shitty top meta build like BV or something would make my shit laughable. But it definitely feels good to me, and it gives me so much to play for.

I honest to God wonder how this would play out if it was left in the game like this over the long run. For me, personally, it seems perfect for League play. Strong enough to get useful and even excellent gear at a reasonable timeframe, but still difficult to perfect and make multiple insane items unless you are lucky or have unreasonable amounts of time...and also still a little lucky. I was so fucking excited for this system so that all my stuff would carry over to Standard where I could port all my gnarly newly made items onto builds I could never afford to play or just wanted to experiment with and have super long term crafting projects to make very niche and specific things. That seems awesome for both League and Standard players alike. I don’t really have a point with this point, just sharing my experience. I know it’s different for people who are maybe on PC and just spamming discord for trades all day, but that’s definitely not my experience and I assume most people on console also. We have a discord but it’s pretty quiet and it’s not nearly as big a deal like it is for you guys. Tons of scammers and weirdos on console, too small of a community for well known players to fuck up their reputation though on the flip side.

Think I’m gonna try to finish my current builds gear (Bleed Bow) and then make as much stuff as I can for Ice Crash Hollow Palm. Hopefully ~2 weeks or so is enough time to let me get there with a couple extra things done along the way. I’m curious about what’s planned for next league and going forward, and how it pans out. I’m always hoping for some interesting skill changes or buffs but that hardly ever works out so we’ll see.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Predict people are really going to be disappointed with PoE2 just from what they said earlier. They're really getting mileage out of calling it "2" instead of just an expanion or rework or whatever.

It's actually a very weird way to do it.

PSO2 called PSO3 basically "PSO2: New Genesis", even though it's nearly identical to what PoE 2 is doing -- same game, but different story, and the ability to play each story. There's also cosmetics and stuff in PSO2, and all of that also carries over to NGS, just like PoE things carry to PoE 2, etc. It's not really "2". At all.

I've always felt that its a very awkward marketing play to do that.

Caeden

My last craft of the league. Nothing special. I've got one personal goal left (getting better at maven) then I'm done this week. Fuck you +1 attribute.

1616089671521.png

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users