Path of Exile

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I did that fight immune to reflect. I blasted most of the endgame with much higher than average dps. What does Maven do to that fight in particular?

All her usual bullshit, slows, heals - playing a build like mine (totems) it just makes it a hassle as you need to position them carefully when the mirror appears. It's not overly complex, Maven makes a tedious fight even longer and what with Atziri herself being quite dangerous at points that adds risk. I lost a fair bit of dps as even after removing pierce some of my totems inevitably decided that they wanted to shoot the fucking mirror anyways.

Not really a biggy tbh but a chore of a fight.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
thought i would share my league starter ive used past couple leagues now -

edit - kept putting the wrong pastebin here, have too many versions saved. this is the right one

for the investment it scales incredily well pretty deep into the end game. i'd say if you drop , transcendant jewel and timeless jewel its around 5-6ex total, and much less if you are just getting into maps. Its not a good mapper for stuff like legion, and not enough dps for 100% delirious but is decent for delirium mirrors. Ive based it on someone else's guide but mashed in divine flesh and a few other changes of my own. Obviously can go witch instead of scion, or drop jugg sub-ascendancy and go with inquis or pf for better dps/qol, but i just hate getting stunned and the endurance charges are great too. Its probably worth getting a crit boot enchant to make EO more useful but i didnt even bother this league, as dps was still sufficient for bossing. Early in league, this will plough thru into sirus with very little investment, which will translate into good income

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Behemoth

Trakanon Raider
So, I've progressed further this league than ever before by playing a toxic rain trickster: Character I have realized that I'm not the best at avoiding big hits and damage, so I can zoom zoom zoom many T16s in a row feeling almost invincible, then I'll randomly die back to back to stuff that I don't even know what it is. That said, I'm pretty sure a lot of those deaths are because my chaos resist is so terrible, but I am still thinking of rerolling to something more beefy, especially for bosses.

Any suggestions for a build that can take some pretty big hits, but also descent map clear but more emphasis on just being a tank? I'm not too worried about every map taking a bit longer because the entire screen isn't filled with poison rain pods. If I liquidate the trickster I'm probably sitting on around 12-15 exalts.

Thanks in advance.
Didn’t really stick with my tank idea
I tried a face breaker cyclone champion
A lancing steel gladiator
A zombie baron necro
A low life vortex occultist

i have concluded that I just cannot process what is happening in order to avoid one shot deaths. Died more on all of those than my trickster. Didn’t really enjoy any of those characters.

I also learned I have no idea how to play an ES build. I feel like I die way more waiting for the recharge since I am not used to it. I had stun immunity, max resists including chaos on vortex guy. Still felt like if I got hit once it became a domino effect until I was dead.

Next league I might just try to make an aura bot and just follow people around.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I will agree that waiting for ES recharge to kick in is quite clenchy on a character with no other forms of sustain.

That said, I understand where you're coming from about processing what is happening in order to avoid one shot deaths. That's the logical approach to most games. And in PoE, that will get you to a certain point. For instance, on Sirus, I know the fight well enough after he does EVERLASTING FIRE, he always follows it up with LONG FOR NONEXISTANCE, and that is almost always followed by DIE.

I'm reacting to those audio cues, but I'm also just always moving. Dash is almost always depleted for me. I get antsy if I stand still for too long. I literally dodge for dodge's sake. Once in a while, I dodge into the dangers. But I feel it saves me far more often. Because, as you point out, the game absolutely does not provide the visual clarify for you to reactively determine that.

This is the penultimate expression of PoE gameplay. You don' t build and play to mitigate or mostly reduce negatives. You build and play to completely eliminate negatives or get one shot otherwise. It can be really frustrating when you realize the shallowness of it.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I will agree that waiting for ES recharge to kick in is quite clenchy on a character with no other forms of sustain.

That said, I understand where you're coming from about processing what is happening in order to avoid one shot deaths. That's the logical approach to most games. And in PoE, that will get you to a certain point. For instance, on Sirus, I know the fight well enough after he does EVERLASTING FIRE, he always follows it up with LONG FOR NONEXISTANCE, and that is almost always followed by DIE.

I'm reacting to those audio cues, but I'm also just always moving. Dash is almost always depleted for me. I get antsy if I stand still for too long. I literally dodge for dodge's sake. Once in a while, I dodge into the dangers. But I feel it saves me far more often. Because, as you point out, the game absolutely does not provide the visual clarify for you to reactively determine that.

This is the penultimate expression of PoE gameplay. You don' t build and play to mitigate or mostly reduce negatives. You build and play to completely eliminate negatives or get one shot otherwise. It can be really frustrating when you realize the shallowness of it.
This is why, coupled with the general tone of the harvest manifesto (notice I didn’t say the nerfs...the tone), is why I think I might take next league off. Wanted to do the feared but meh. If that’s all I don’t get done that’s not so bad.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
This is why, coupled with the general tone of the harvest manifesto (notice I didn’t say the nerfs...the tone), is why I think I might take next league off. Wanted to do the feared but meh. If that’s all I don’t get done that’s not so bad.
I imagine the Feared on a melee build is a huge pain in the ass. I'm still surprised I didn't brick my invitation.

I'm considering taking a break too. PoE fucks with my ability to be a productive human. I had to stop raiding WoW for the same reason. And while most video games have some degree of irresponsibility, none come close to the amount of free time and thoughts dominated by those two. Probably still not the answer, but gotta try something!

• 1Like

Caeden

I imagine the Feared on a melee build is a huge pain in the ass. I'm still surprised I didn't brick my invitation.

I'm considering taking a break too. PoE fucks with my ability to be a productive human. I had to stop raiding WoW for the same reason. And while most video games have some degree of irresponsibility, none come close to the amount of free time and thoughts dominated by those two. Probably still not the answer, but gotta try something!
So, i made my Inquisitor reflect immune by adjusting some gear to allow Sybil's Lament...knocked out Atziri again after lucking her the first time tbh. Did the Feared with my carrion golem build? night and fucking day to doing it on CoC. They really need to rethink the design here for melee. I know that the uber players like Alkaizer and shit do this stuff, but the, i'll say, above average player cannot reasonably do a lot of fights as melee in PoE. I can't. CoC is about the only melee I feel confortable on bosses with because cyclone does allow some movement. Namelocked skills suck. I ran perforate in harvest and it was fun as fuck until you got to Sirus then it was like a crapshoot if you weren't on your game.

Anyway, I feel I might take a league off. Been an overall very fun league.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
So, i made my Inquisitor reflect immune by adjusting some gear to allow Sybil's Lament...knocked out Atziri again after lucking her the first time tbh. Did the Feared with my carrion golem build? night and fucking day to doing it on CoC. They really need to rethink the design here for melee. I know that the uber players like Alkaizer and shit do this stuff, but the, i'll say, above average player cannot reasonably do a lot of fights as melee in PoE. I can't. CoC is about the only melee I feel confortable on bosses with because cyclone does allow some movement. Namelocked skills suck. I ran perforate in harvest and it was fun as fuck until you got to Sirus then it was like a crapshoot if you weren't on your game.

Anyway, I feel I might take a league off. Been an overall very fun league.
That's exactly why I'm trying to make something that gives no fucks about damage taken while being melee. Also having any damage while doing this is the tricky part.

EDIT: This is what I have so far. 3mil dps with everything up, 688K phys taken, 1.2mil - 1.5mil ele taken with pots and molten shell up. With no pots and molten shell on its 2.97s cd, it's 45Kphys, 170-177k ele taken. I think it's probably better to do CWDT molten shell and enduring cry on left click but it might be better to do molten shell on left click/move too, hard to say. It is a warcry slow attack build though so I'm also thinking of a faster attacking skill that's a similar setup but it's quite a bit harder to gear. The gear here is nothing special at all even with harvest crafting nerfed, with maybe the watcher's eye being tough to get, but then again maybe not since I bet this is fairly off-meta.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
There's plenty of pro rmt players making big bucks. In my old guild a group of Russians had a race to fill a currency tab with 5k ex and they did that in under 2 weeks and then posted proof to the guild discord. The people you see with 10+ mirrors at the league end are paupers compared to those at the top of the rmt pyramid.

If they really wanted to GGG could stamp it out but they won't.
I've always wondered. Does Chris Wilson sell currency on the side. I've always wondered if any deva do that on any game really. And we'd never know.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
The real money making strategy is just basic buy low sell high and run some trade bots on multiple accounts. My play time is random and spans multiple time zones, and I’ve noticed that for whatever reason there is a significant oscillation in value of numerous Currencies and frequently traded items that stays often for weeks , you can kinda see it on poe ninja too if you waste enough time there. I’m not so into the economy that I’m going to do it but I don’t think any actual game play earnings can compete with a fully optimized flipper strategy

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thats just arc, ground slam and i'm guessing freezing pulse mtx right?
Some new enviroments and some altar lookin thing for the league content (ritual 2.0?)
Nothing much to speculate about so far is my point. Except i wonder why they end the trailer with POE 2 logo

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Did they get that thing from Risa? Are they trying to tell us something?

R72d6ab6b98295b845c6025e5f7876b83

Caeden

That kinda looked like an altar that did mob “spawns” like in a timeless battle?

I feel like a beaten woman. My guess is we’re getting another PoE2 trailer as a “goodwill gift” for raping harvest.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
PoE2 stuff is because they apparently pushed it back quite a while, saw a post on reddit about it, not sure when but they updated the announcement page to say beta won't start until at least early 2022, when it used to say at least late 2020(which obviously wasn't gonna happen but that's a fair bit of adjustment).

Skipped the last, 4 or so leagues, so probably will keep skipping if they don't add skills I really want to play(mostly new summons), more time for other games anyway, which keep piling up and up.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Someone willing to kill maven with allt he conditional stuff for me?

Also, a mirror is 800ex. How in the fuck are you supposed to trade for one now?