Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea there were no meaningful buffs to absolution, but it's still baller. It's like playing dominating blow only it actually works against bosses!

S-tier of league starters is probably poison conc/phys traps/skellie summoner with your preferred flavor of helix getting an honorable mention. Under the radar is probably self cast ignite using wave of conviction.

Explosive arrow ballista totems are a trap and people are gonna reeeee in to the stratosphere if they try and league start it. Ballistas only place at your feet, there's weird attack speed breakpoints you have to hit, there's ballista placement delay + arming delay + attack speed delay
+ fuse delay + ignite delay so you're just gonna get exploded constantly waiting for your damage to come out.

I'm probably going full retard and starting self cast lightning, arc in to crankling lance or some complete trash.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I want to try like 4 starters as my builds. Definitely want to do skele mages but I’m thinking second build. Let the uniques drop some in price.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Meh the skellie mage jewel will be like 50c at most for the first day or two, it's not any rarer than any of the other basic jewels.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Holy fuck those are some implicits

m9m2mtb9l4f81.jpg

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Problem is you can't have Eldritch influence and Conq influence. Hard to pass up some stuff like +1.5 spell/attack crit, +1 curse, etc. Definitely going to be nice for people like summoners who didn't give a shit about any of that.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Ruetoo has a decent list but they don't all have PoBs. I might try FR necro if I play.
He has Molten Strike Champion listed as a good build AFTER the hydrosphere nerf.

I'm going to try Fire Trap Elementalist, scaling ignites and burning ground. Hopefully Berek's Respite won't cost that much and the clear won't be ass until then. I think this was the only DoT skill that got buffed? I assume for compensation of bringing cluster/multi trap down to ~35% more dps. But since it's mostly dot damage, it doesn't really need those anyway. That said, the PoB I copied from was using Cruelty...so maybe this was untested...

Also considering Bino's Spectral Helix. I can't stand Spectral Helix without some form of prolif, Plaguebearer just doesn't cut it. Just don't know what I would transition that build into. Endgame Assassin builds are pretty barren. Ignite-based Elementalists can transition into a whole bunch of shit.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's not really a molten strike build, it's dreamfeather aura scaling nonsense. I think using molten strike for that setup is actually entirely detrimental as opposed to a real skill lol.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Ya. It's been a great build for a few leagues now.
This is a good league starter build though?

I was interested in looking into it but almost all the existing guides are totems or coc. And the vast majority of the poe.ninja builds are power charge stacking Occultists.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
The end was usually power charge stacking HH occultists for 100% deli farming. But, in non-HH gear, it was also a beefy bosser. He has overwritten his mid-tier pob with the LS assassin and I didn't save it. The progression seemed fine from the first two POB's w/o too much investment(6m dps iirc); the only expensive item that stood out was a timeless for divine flesh.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The end was usually power charge stacking HH occultists for 100% deli farming. But, in non-HH gear, it was also a beefy bosser. He has overwritten his mid-tier pob with the LS assassin and I didn't save it. The progression seemed fine from the first two POB's w/o too much investment(6m dps iirc); the only expensive item that stood out was a timeless for divine flesh.
How's the clear on the necro version? I seem to remember it being kinda meh.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I feel like now is the time to try LS something or another since I won't be cuckhold to any LS based shit tiered maps. That poison shit seems legit and the dude that has the 3.17 video out right now did not steer me wrong with his hexblast starter last league.

Of course esanguinate seems like such a no brainer...

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Keep in mind that some Lightning Strike PoBs might be taking advantage of finnicky positioning to get a melee and projectile hit at the same time.

Hexblast Ignite is still a good starter.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Think I'm going Scion Hiero/Chieftain Flame Blast totems. Pizza sticks are back! Just need to stack a million cast speed or it can feel super shitty, but with 4+ totems it should be pretty good and should omega blast bosses as long as totems don't die to bullshit. Was a tough time deciding between Hiero/Inq/Chieftain so I guess I'll just go Scion. I already know it's a mistake, but having an 80+ Scion you can reroll later to whatever is always nice to have in a league.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm so stunlocked tryin to pick what to play.
I've had an urge to try bow hits for bow league and so i've leveled some a bit and also slapped some, what i imagine is day 1 or 2 type of gear-power level, on some old characters to test some ele hit and storm rain out but it hasn't worked very well. Tried the storm rain on a white chimera and it didnt even dent it's health, but it's so hard to know if my gear estimate is close to real or if bow upgrades or the new keystone could change it all up. Especially if comparing to like toxic rain that loses damage. (as an aside i wish they hadn't nerfed mirage archer targeting range)

Think i'm leanin towards just doing the exploding arrow elementalist thats going around even though i haven't tried playing it and i know it will only be for a few days. I don't think a bow wielding witch (so no shield charge or anything) has enough move speed to stay fun for long, but atleast i know i should be able to progress my atlas and thats good because hitting a wall isn't fun either.

To adress some concerns i saw above
Ballista totems don't really bother me as a playstyle, they're good during acts atleast when i've tried them with ele hit, because placing the totem is most often faster than self attacking. And that it's ignite i count as a good thing because total damage from 1 hit is important, obviously if i could get a 1 hit that matches the ignite total damage that would be be fine, but if you reposition your totems, for arguments sake, every second, then 4 million total ignite damage at 1 million dps is better than 2 million dps from hits.

Alltough i am a bit conserned EA is probably worse for clear than what's apparent in whatever youtube video. Reason being you need 10 stacks to break even from the ignite nerf + EA buff and you probably dont want to have to place minimum 3 totems every encounter, but maybe you do, i don't know.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Hey dudes. I’m a fan of the game, but the man and family eating up all of my playtime.

I’ve done super simple builds in the past and gotten to maps - enkis arch witch and lightning bow for example.

Any super basic SSF starter recommendations for my smooth brain to handle ? I’ll look up the build, but want ease of use and access to it’d fairly early in the game if possible. Thanks a bunch lads