Path of Exile

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
All you dudes asking about helix starts just use this POB. It's way better optimized than my shitty raider was, and looks much easier to scale early on with bad gear.

If you're in SC trade and want to scale to omega boss DPS respec to raider once you can afford +frenzy charge gear.

Ya that's the one I'm using. Looks solid all around.

For the atlas tree, I'm thinking of trying something pretty simple, grabbing all the map nodes to start, then picking up the rogue exiles, beyond and torment nodes. Run fortune favors the brave + torment scarabs?, then spam maps and do the league mechanic.

passive tree.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
8 passives to pick up a single cluster should cause you to reconsider.

Is there some combination of rogue exiles and torment that makes it desirable? Some of the worst league content still in the game.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Beyond + Blight on the left side is going to be hard to ignore. Blight does slow you down, but does any other content add a comparable amount as Blight?

They'll probably have to centralize Beyond in the future.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ya that's the one I'm using. Looks solid all around.

For the atlas tree, I'm thinking of trying something pretty simple, grabbing all the map nodes to start, then picking up the rogue exiles, beyond and torment nodes. Run fortune favors the brave + torment scarabs?, then spam maps and do the league mechanic.

View attachment 396357

Fyi this part from the PoB notes:

"WHY IS THE UNRESERVED MANA NEGATIVE 28?
- pathofmatth: use focus amulet, free blessing aura from march of the legion style"

wont work, it's fixed already. It's possible vaal clarity or laviangas might still work but dont know.

And having a bunch of tormented rogues and beyond demons on a undergeared/leveled character sounds like it's gonna be tough.

I don't want anything to jump me while my totems aren't up so i'm probably starting something like Essence, harbys and harvest. I believe fated uniques are probably worth the first day or so and map tiers will have to be evaluated on the go, if it's enough like this or even if this is too much. Expedition looks interesting too. Or perhaps ill just grab some strongboxes/rogues/shrines if i have extra atlas points but not enough power to reliably deal with harder things like the pinnacle bosses.

1643831178941.png

Edit: No joke right after posting this i see a grimro video on youtube and its basically my tree but he doesnt take any harvest.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Against my better judgement I consolidated all my currency tabs in standard. I don't ever remember making that much currency. Couple thousand exalts. Geared up my character I had just rolled to try out the early leveling to see how it was. Made it to act 3 without having to use a health flask once. Mana a few times. I think I over did it with the junk I grabbed out of my stash. Thinking that's not accurate of how a starter is going to go lol.

I should try crafting.

Edit - post it's too easy. Died minutes later lol.

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
Okay fucked around on Standard with a respeccd Scion. Flameblast will absolutely destroy bosses if they don't move (lol) and don't murder fuck your totems. Clearing is ass though, but swapping in Wave of Conviction for clear is pretty great. I'm thinking good Flameblast builds are going to do something like 20-50m dps with optimized gear. If you can forgo cast speed for more damage I can't even imagine how gross the hits and ignites will be.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
All you dudes asking about helix starts just use this POB. It's way better optimized than my shitty raider was, and looks much easier to scale early on with bad gear.

If you're in SC trade and want to scale to omega boss DPS respec to raider once you can afford +frenzy charge gear.

When did Jungroan start using defenses?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That PoB is a bit of a lie. No way you're maintaining Trinity with how little his lightning and cold damage ranges overlap. I don't feel his build video did a great job at explaining why Wind Ward isn't shit.

He's obviously a good player, but this still feels like a bit of a bait. People will still progress with it no problem, but maybe squishier than he's selling it.

Hope he gets a hair cut and works on his presentation, god that was hard to watch.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
That PoB is a bit of a lie. No way you're maintaining Trinity with how little his lightning and cold damage ranges overlap. I don't feel his build video did a great job at explaining why Wind Ward isn't shit.

He's obviously a good player, but this still feels like a bit of a bait. People will still progress with it no problem, but maybe squishier than he's selling it.

Hope he gets a hair cut and works on his presentation, god that was hard to watch.

I can buy wind ward being really strong under the new evasion calcs, should be plenty of time between hits to stack it back up, especially with like a 5+ aps skill like helix.

I noticed his current damage ranges are a bit fucked yea, but it's just because the claw he has in pob has no flat cold. Roll any essence of hatred claw and it should balance out just fine, or just swap added lightning for cold.

If you're in SC trade it may be wrong to go deadeye anyway just because the fledgling is a 1c unique and is the largest draw to deadeye in the first place.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I can buy wind ward being really strong under the new evasion calcs, should be plenty of time between hits to stack it back up, especially with like a 5+ aps skill like helix.

I noticed his current damage ranges are a bit fucked yea, but it's just because the claw he has in pob has no flat cold. Roll any essence of hatred claw and it should balance out just fine, or just swap added lightning for cold.

If you're in SC trade it may be wrong to go deadeye anyway just because the fledgling is a 1c unique and is the largest draw to deadeye in the first place.
I tried putting one together, I tend to prefer more barebones PoBs for league starters. I don't know why, but I've been seeing quite a few league start PoBs that are using Heist weapon bases for a huge chunk of damage. Like stabilizing sceptres for EE or pneumatic daggers for all damage can poison. Anyway, my barebones version is ~700k standard boss dps. Not bad, but I'd say my arbitrary threshold is 1M.

For comparison, a Bino's version of Spectral Helix(I want the prolif) is 2.5M + cull. Wasp Nest Claw version is higher but not enough to drop prolif. I'd consider league starting it if I knew wtf to do with an Assassin in the endgame.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've switch to self cast bladefall/blade blast Chieftain now. Worked out a basic ~10ex or less build and got 400k per blade without the new gem buffs. Should be more than enough to boss. Overlap and AE be damned, should still be fine if I'm manually waiting to detonate the builds.

Chieftain just one of the best balanced Ascendancys in the game. Hate that I've gone to starting as them every time, but it's better than starting Spectres/Zombies as I used to for the previous 4 years+.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I farm the Precinct map because my favorite build used to be able to perma-stunlock all 2-8 rouge exiles that are the map bosses. It also has some good div card drops and a pretty favorable layout/density. It was out of the rotation last league but is coming back in this one and there may be some bonkers interactions. Combining the bosses showing up with exiles (possibly rolled per exile boss in the map?) with exiles are possessed THEN adding in all the quant/rarity/extra drops from exiles/possessed and there is the possibility of shenanigans.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Haven't seen this mentioned much of anywhere: minefield got buffed. It's going from 60% less mine throwing speed to 46%. If I'm doing this correct, old minefield was
5 * .4 / 1.4 = ~43% more dps
5 * .54 / 1.4 = ~93% more dps

If the spell buffs and blastchain/high-impact nerfs are essentially a wash, this is still ~35% more dps. If you replace swift assembly with minefield(the two don't really mix), it's ~25% more dps. Might be worth considering. Also remember that mines with swift assembly were fast, almost too fast. Chucking out mines at close to 10 per second gave good dps but kinda shitty clear because you only click to activate an ability 1-2 times per pack. That click being slower but fast enough might get you more effective dps.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I really like Grim's layouts that he posted here and his explanations make great sense.

As for my Atlas Tree, looking to do a combination of Expedition and Ritual and completely favor Beach and run Beach all day.

The amount of respecing of the Atlas Tree is going to be insane though.

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I've switch to self cast bladefall/blade blast Chieftain now. Worked out a basic ~10ex or less build and got 400k per blade without the new gem buffs. Should be more than enough to boss. Overlap and AE be damned, should still be fine if I'm manually waiting to detonate the builds.

Chieftain just one of the best balanced Ascendancys in the game. Hate that I've gone to starting as them every time, but it's better than starting Spectres/Zombies as I used to for the previous 4 years+.

I think I'm going giga hipster and starting self cast EK chieftan. If/when the damage fails I may convert to blade blast as well, cause yea it looks pretty solid with the damage buffs. I've never really minded the 1-2 cadence of bladefall/bladeblast, so if the power is there playing it again sounds fine to me.

I kinda think battlemage inquisitor might be better for SC trade to utilize the buffed damage effectiveness numbers on stuff like EK and blade blast, I just haven't had time to try and work out a tree yet. Vulconus is OP as fuck though when spells have stuff like ~220% damage effectiveness.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Having 20% boss cull is never a bad idea when new endgame gets added.

I dunno how sold I am on cyclone damage after the nerfs, but once you collect paradoxica money I'm sure it's fine.