Path of Exile

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Another small observation on a Saturday morning:

As I am slowly completing the early part of my Atlas, I started to realize how GGG's balance of rare and magic mobs has reached a point of ridiculousness.

A pretty hefty fraction of rare mobs I encounter take longer to kill and do more damage to me than the majority of map bosses. It isn't my build, this is a bog standard crit cyclone build, so there is no special single target super damage output aside from Assassin's mark.

To think that GGG has tried to slow down the leveling process so much that they have made, by and large, more common mobs as "challenging" as a map boss. It is a little pathetic actually.

It really makes things like Incursion a pain in the dick because killing rare and magic mobs is the only real way to increase the timer. This game's design motivation is so difficult to understand at the best of times.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Ok, this is my first league to maps since the introduction of the Maven. I hate having to check POE trade for specific upgrades. I hate that I feogot avout the Harvest nerf and some pieces of gear I stashed to try as crafting projects will never happen. This will make me play less guaranteed; funny that is exactly the opposite of what GGG claimed would happen.

Expedition is fantastic. As is the new atlas layout and passive tree. I completed every white and yellow map except for two without having to get a single one on POE trade because of how the Atlas flows now. That change alone makes mapping more fun. Kirac's inventory and missions really seem to keep the game moving and you can spec into some crazy map shit pretty early with the new passive tree.

If they would revert Harvest this game would be top 3 no matter what was coming out.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Addendum to my earlier post - Although I have yet to have any problem with a single boss, and I can do most 4 combine Archnemeses mobs unless I make an extra rippy combo or choose a bad mob to release, my build at the moment doesn't even put out enough damage to kill regular Atziri's images before they overwhelm me with damage. I love the continuous buffs to these mobs. I am such a scrub. At least the dungeon leading up to her filled up my T4 map tab.

Edit - The Trial of Crippling Grief is the worst of the 6 by several orders of magnitude. Change my mind.

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Ok, this is my first league to maps since the introduction of the Maven. I hate having to check POE trade for specific upgrades. I hate that I feogot avout the Harvest nerf and some pieces of gear I stashed to try as crafting projects will never happen. This will make me play less guaranteed; funny that is exactly the opposite of what GGG claimed would happen.

Expedition is fantastic. As is the new atlas layout and passive tree. I completed every white and yellow map except for two without having to get a single one on POE trade because of how the Atlas flows now. That change alone makes mapping more fun. Kirac's inventory and missions really seem to keep the game moving and you can spec into some crazy map shit pretty early with the new passive tree.

If they would revert Harvest this game would be top 3 no matter what was coming out.

I'm pretty sure this league is more crafting accessible to the normies that Harvest was even.

The power in the new eldritch implicits is absolutely nutty, and they are not difficult to roll. Hell, you can buy a base with the implicit you want just from people dropping them via the altar nodes, and then craft it however you want.

So much power being in the implicits on items, giving you free reign to essence/fossil spam or whatever other crafting method you want, is gonna make general gear and power progression easier for your average bad PoE player than it's ever been. Not having to worry about influenced bases at all, or their specific ilvl requirements etc, even with the power of harvest backing them. Like gone are the days of needing to add/remove mods on your gloves via harvest a dozen times trying to hit +1 strike gloves with some life and resist. You just now can buy an exalt worth of eldritch currency and spam up +1 strike on your fucking implicit on your already tri-res t1 life gloves.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there a way to search for Heist targets (IE Replica and Gems) on trade? I couldn't figure this one out.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I'm pretty sure this league is more crafting accessible to the normies that Harvest was even.

The power in the new eldritch implicits is absolutely nutty, and they can not difficult to roll. Hell, you can buy a base with the implicit you want just from people dropping them via the altar nodes, and then craft it however you want.

So much power being in the implicits on items, giving you free reign to essence/fossil spam or whatever other crafting method you want, is gonna make general gear and power progression easier for your average bad PoE player than it's ever been. Not having to worry about influenced bases at all, or their specific ilvl requirements etc, even with the power of harvest backing them. Like gone are the days of needing to add/remove mods on your gloves via harvest a dozen times trying to hit +1 strike gloves with some life and resist. You just now can buy an exalt worth of eldritch currency and spam up +1 strike on your fucking implicit on your already tri-res t1 life gloves.
See, this is why this game is so inherently inaccessible to the non-autist.

I haven't even LOOKED at the eldritch currency. Another layer of power one needs to consider on your min/max itemization.

I had a 6L str chest armor drop from an Archnemesis but only ILvl 54 or close to that. I have been speccing Harvest in the Atlas to hopefully get some Life crafting going because all my currency attempt on it have been poop.

• 1Solidarity

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there a way to search for Heist targets (IE Replica and Gems) on trade? I couldn't figure this one out.

Yes, all replicas are in certain biomes, i think gems are in tunnels and repository.
So if you fill in the searchbar on the trade site just type "blueprint" and it will give you autocompletes for "blueprint: bunker" for example.

• 1Solidarity

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

The power in the new eldritch implicits is absolutely nutty, and they can not difficult to roll. Hell, you can buy a base with the implicit you want just from people dropping them via the altar nodes, and then craft it however you want.

How can you possibly think that interacting with the trade site more to buy stacks of currency that I can spam on items is somehow more accessible than Harvest? Then at the end you talk about just buying the shit I need, like that is what is going to make me quit.

The fun of Harvest was not needing to trade at all. It was finding bases then farming Harvest for the chance to make them better. It was a reason to keep playing. Trading and spamming currency is uninteresting and boring.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Then farm the currency yourself? You can dig up half a dozen or more eldritch orbs per map once you spec the right nodes, so just go blast a couple dozen and go nuts crafting.

Lol I don't like the trade site is the most limp dick shit I've heard in a long time as a reason for the crafting systems not being "accessible".

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Against my better judgement I decided to run my uber lab last night. I can't count how many whispers I sent for an offering to the goddess with no response. I've picked a number of eldrich orbs I don't know if it was from low lvl maps or the archnemisis stuff. I haven't even looked at them.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Besides the downside that you can't imprint fractured items, there are definely some iteresting things you can do with fractures + essences/fossils/abyss sockets etc and then top it off with the new eldrich mods.

Working on some fractured life gloves and 100% increased defensese BP right now (runnin grace+determination+life as ES ghost dance). In both cases im basically just planning on fossil/essence the suffixes and then metamod for a veiled prefix to go with the fractured one.

Im definetly feeling currency starved with all the crafting i want to do so it's gonna take some time. Fusings being so expensive (closer to 2 for 1c when its often 5-7 for 1c) isn't helping when i need to 6link 2 things (and also that it took me 4k alts to get +2 arrow)

Anyone else have any crafting plans?

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Then farm the currency yourself? You can dig up half a dozen or more eldritch orbs per map once you spec the right nodes, so just go blast a couple dozen and go nuts crafting.

Lol I don't like the trade site is the most limp dick shit I've heard in a long time as a reason for the crafting systems not being "accessible".
You think SSF should be a defacto gimped play style?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Fusings seem rough, especially after Scourge allowed you to 6 link something near instantly and they took that away. Having less ways to 6 link with that and the Prophecy being removed means you're down to manually linking, Harvest, and the crafting bench. None of which are particularly reasonable, especially with the %quality crafts being taken away from chest pieces.

However, if you take most/all the essence nodes from the Atlas you'll be shitting out 6-12 high tier essences every map which is a great way to craft, especially on non-influenced items now that you can use the Eldritch Exalt/Chaos/Annul to wiggle the affixes even more now. If anyone is complaining about Scarabs, they simply aren't playing the game at this point. I've had 10 scarabs drop off a single boss multiple times with the eldritch map mods which have something like a 1/4 chance of racking up scarabs (gems/scarabs/currency/eldritch currency is what they generally roll). Even then, unless you're a Tower farming shitfuck I don't know that scarabs are even necessary with as much juice as you can inherently have with the new Atlas passives.

At this point the maps are juiced constantly, you get something like a 1/5 chance or better of hitting the League stuff you want, maps are shitting out doubled, currency and crafting mats are more abundant than anyone could have imagined they would be for little investment, and besides League FOMO, there's not really a single downside to any of it. This is the loot league of all loot leagues. Ultimatum was the most loot I think I've ever seen in a single league and this easily tops it. Ultimatum did seem to have more raw currency, but a lot of people wanting raw currency have SEVERAL options to easily get it:

Heist
Delve
Juice some currency Archnemesis (don't have to go full tilt, just big currency and some mediocre reroll stuff)

Between those you should be able to earn like 30-50c an hour if you really need it. If you're in trade it's even easier. Just take an off-meta League mechanic (Incursion, Metamorph, Bestiary) and sell the loot. For instance I've been Incursion RIGHT off the bat, went straight for it because I thought the gloves/boots with new Eldritch Implicits would be amazing (they are). Day two I had already hit 3/4 double corrupts and I've hit 2 Double Corrupt/Doryani's. Double Corrupt chambers alone are 20c and the double doubles are almost an exalt. I can shit one of those out with about 75% success with the Incursion mods. The same can be said with Metamorph. Double the rewards, juice catalysts, get a doubled up pile of Fertile catalysts, sell the fuck out of them.

The game has given us nearly all the tools to make our gear or make money. If you can't do both, you need to either re-evaluate your strategy, your goals may be too lofty (hitting the 50 weight with two 150 weights on a cluster for instance), or you just may not understand enough about the game as you think you do. I'm sure Ziz and Badger and whoever are shitting out guides for how to take advantage of the new Atlas, and I'd definitely go check some out if you're struggling. To be fair, I know how to craft very well and I've still used 100's of harvest rolls on a single item to get an "acceptable" result. Sometimes that's the nature of the game and you just have to accept that as well.

Overall this league is probably S tier. The bosses are a joke, which helps casuals kill them, and drop uniques very commonly which are INCREDIBLY POWERFUL, but cheap because of how common they are. This is a big fucking gimme league so if you're having a hard time I'd suggest trying to isolate your main issue and checking out a guide for it.

TL;DR

Need Money --- Atalas Obj for Incursion (sell temples) Meta (sell catalysts) and Bestiary (sell beasts)///// Run Heist/Delve/Minor currency Archnemesis mods
Out of crafting mats ---- Run Essence nodes/Run Delve/Check for a guide to make sure you're crafting with your best options
Not Having Fun --- It may be you or your build and probably not the league as it is now choose your own journey once you get to maps.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You think SSF should be a defacto gimped play style?

Who said anything about SSF?

SSF is it's own animal that is still basically unplayable for 99% of the playerbase until there's a change to the 6link system.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Who said anything about SSF?

SSF is it's own animal that is still basically unplayable for 99% of the playerbase until there's a change to the 6link system.
If only there were Harvest craftings that could have helped... oh wait...

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Got a laugh seeing this.

pE3UCiA.png

• 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Hot take - crafting is fine in the game outside jewelers and 6 linking which should just fucking not exist or be level gated purely unless using items like Tabula. I don’t know why they bother keeping that “crafting”. I wonder if it will really be a thing with the new system in PoE2. Or if chromatics are a thing then? I feel they’ve sufficiently expanded crafting to consider jeweler and fusings expendable content. I could see chrome being still interesting when trying to color your 2 or 3 sockets for 6L skills. Trying to get 3 green sockets on an ES base for some odd build could make for some good currency sink.

I’ve done an about face on crafting again. I feel it’s sufficiently accessible again too.

I forget, but didn’t they say a “6 socket” skill would be harder to get? I seem to recall that they said skills that drop in later game areas would have more links. Maybe I dreamed it. Sounds like the system I suggested. I’m sure it will be sufficiently rare to make it annoying or such that you dump equivalent currency into getting a 6L of your main skill (or skills if they pull off everyone wanting a ST skill and clear skill - and they should aim for this imo).