Path of Exile

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How does any system work when you can't pick up anything should be a default QA test case. Even if we had 1k spaces, you should still test it because that takes 1 hour tops. You find out it's annoying and then judge how much it's worth actually fixing.

They didn't test nearly full inventory.
In Chris' economy we pay more for bulk. That's because in Chris' economy, just because something is listed on the market doesn't mean its actually for sale.

Me spam pinging 30 people to buy some currency and declining 10 invites after accepting the first one that popped up.

The Season of Trolling | Meme maker, Animated gif maker, Taunt

Attachments

• 1644880868405.jpeg
    1644880868405.jpeg
    9.1 KB · Views: 0

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
GD this fucking melee build. I just got absolutely face fucked by the Bramble Valley poison boss.

Time to change builds I think.

Also, I may love Blight, but this build is also incapable of running more than one direction lol.

Sigh, old man howls at moon and video games.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
In Chris' economy we pay more for bulk. That's because in Chris' economy, just because something is listed on the market doesn't mean its actually for sale.

Me spam pinging 30 people to buy some currency and declining 10 invites after accepting the first one that popped up.

The Season of Trolling | Meme maker, Animated gif maker, Taunt

Is her part Russian? Quantity has it's own quality.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
If you truly 20 qual every red map you run, you'll run out. At one point I think I stockpiled 400 and started using them (only on white maps) and ran out. It does seem you average somewhere between 1-3 per map with the current league mechanics though and if you're targeting it or speccing for it you could surely get 4+ per.

Looking at scarab prices for just rusted, top end are 5c, then 3,2, 1, 1, then everything is 0.5c each. Polished aren't much more. I can't imagine unless you're selling them by the 10's it'd be worth it unless you're really hard up for chaos. With scarabs being shit out nonstop from Eater mods I definitely expect prices to fall as low as possible for them with only one or two league scarabs holding value due to cheese synergy with Atlas shit.

Speaking of: certain very cheap scarabs such as Abyss and Metamorph paired with Atlas passives are massive free money. Essentially you're put a 2c+ mod on your map for 0.5c each and with the double metamorph rewards or the +3 Abyss/6 affix Abyss stuff you're bound to luck into some major money. An 86 stygian vise is like 5c+ for just the base and that's almost guaranteed with the passives for Liches. Pair that with slamming it with nearly any resist/life/attack harvest and you can roll a 2-3 ex belt very quickly.

Once again there's going to be more money in running your shit if done correctly than quick selling, but for a lot of it like Bestiary or Torment I can fully understand just offloading them 20 at a time for an easy 10c sale every 5 maps.

This is completely true, if and only if you're not using any benefit from the passive tree. I'm up to about 600 chisels atm, and I've been 20% every single map for the last 5 days. I get about 5-7 per map. The operatives strongbox also generally drop a stack or two of 20, and the div boxes very often drop the 1 card for 10 turn in, and if duplicated you'll have 20 from that.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Hey, PoE, am I a joke to you? I started the second map I have put Beyond on in this league and the first group of monsters spawned Abaxoth.

• 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
GD this fucking melee build. I just got absolutely face fucked by the Bramble Valley poison boss.

Time to change builds I think.

Also, I may love Blight, but this build is also incapable of running more than one direction lol.

Sigh, old man howls at moon and video games.

That boss face fucks everyone.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I haven't tried it yet, but I think Beyond had its place in hyper density like Blight.

I cannot PoB a build in which Kitava's Thirst and BF/BB make sense. BB in the helmet just leads to unimpressive single target dps. BF in the helm leads to absolute ass clear and honestly doesn't make any sense. Anyone figured this out? Would love to see a PoB.

Blades/s from BF / Whatever PoB has your BB cast rate = BB/s...correct?

With that, I get 6.5M, maybe 7M DPS on not cheap gear.

When I go grab some asshole off poe.ninja who has invested equal amounts into his character name and gear

(1/(seal gain rate) + BF cast rate - 5/(BB cast rate)) * 5(assume only main cascade hits) * 1.2(phys mastery) = BB/s = ~17 BB/s, which puts him around 20M dps. I did 5 numerator of BB cast rate instead of 1 to kinda sorta emulate player inefficiency of having to cast two spells.

The disparity is making me think I'm doing something wrong. 20M on shit gear. All that guy's build needs is a Asenath's Gentle Touch and Awakened Spell Cascade(super cheap) and his clear should be pretty damn good. I'm fine with doing 1-2 combos on just bosses.

EDIT: Nevermind, forgot to divide BB's cast rate in PoB when picking how many blasts. DPS is still respectable, ~5M, but nowhere near enough for something that requires Asenath's Gentle Touch. Exsanguinate Trappers can pull that easily on more defensive and cheaper gear.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
While we're on Kitava's Thirst builds, I DID find this guy.

Looks a bit thin on defense. But I really like his idea of using Vortex supported by Archmage to proce Kitava's Thirst more. This is the same guy that I posted earlier with the Poet's Pen build(Orb of Storms doesn't work there...).

But I also really dislike needing Frostbolts where you want to clear for consistency while Vortex is also eating them. IDK, are Kitava's Thirst builds relegated to memes or Necro Corpse Pact cast speed juicing?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Just a little video I made while scarab farming. Tried out strand, too far to boss but the map worked out.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Blade blast is a Hatred scaled skill now with the new eldritch implicits that let you easily hit full cold version.

And just like any Hatred skill the damage numbers are completely obscene.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Blade blast is a Hatred scaled skill now with the new eldritch implicits that let you easily hit full cold version.

And just like any Hatred skill the damage numbers are completely obscene.
Got a PoB or poe.ninja profile to share? I'm assuming you're referring to power charge stacking occultists? The numbers look better on Inquisitor with Vulconus.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This is the one someone sent me the other day. Damage looks obscene, but this is also not a cheap build with two curse on hit implicit rings and a power charge rime gaze etc, but even still if you cut the DPS in half it's still well above board

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
lol, in half? Try a tenth. That person thinks he's detonating almost 200 in-range-of-the-boss lingering blades per second?

That appears to be someone utilizing that PoB, if not the creator himself. It seems self defeating to play an Occultist and not utilize pops. Clear speed looks average. I'm betting it would be aggravating to play as he's detonating to clear.

I've tried many different methods for modeling BF/BB dps. There seems to be a lot of grey area there. Given that most blade blast radius top out at low 20s, does running spell cascade for single target help beyond the less AoE? I usually only count the main cast as in range of the target. If you allow for that assumption and he spends absolutely no other time doing anything else, not even casting blade blast itself, he cannot even generate 20 in-range lingering blades per second.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I don't know why anyone ever clicks 40 blades in POB, it's literally never happening.

Even at 10 though it's what, like 6m DPS? Plenty to do all the content. Average blast hit in the ~200k range is basically the end goal for blade blast to feel really powerful.

I don't think there is any version of blade blast that still exists that doesn't have to use blades>blast to clear at this point, it's been too heavily nerfed in terms of AE.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
For that gear level and 1-2 combo, I guess I was hoping for at least 10M. Phys trappers/miners are hitting higher dps on cheaper gear and their clear is retarded and their defense is better. So, I guess that's the benchmark I'm using.

You don't think you could clear with Profane Bloom or Asenath's and just Bladefall?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I don't honestly know re: profane bloom specifically. I don't play a ton of occultist and don't really have a good feel for how much you need to scale chaos damage for the pops to be reliable.

Asenaths can pad your clear on almost any skill obviously, but I'd be more concerned with whether your 4-5l or whatever it may be bladefall will actually kill magic packs, much less rares.

Historically when blade blast was at its peak you could just clear regular packs by casting blade blast itself, even with no blades to detonate. Maybe that's true again given the base damage buffs?

Xevy

Log Wizard
I started manual BB/BF on my Chieftain this league. Got him to 89 and rerolled in Red Maps, not to lack of damage, but to lack of defense which was mostly my own fault.

There's a few tricks for BB/BF. One is the new Ashes of the Stars amulet. That 30% qual on blade blast gives it a good amount of extra area effect. The second is the physical node which allows you to gain extra blades per cast and extra maximum blades per Bladefall. The third is helmet enchants with either BB AE or BF extra Volley. If you use conc effect AND INTENSITY with Bladefall it nicely stacks most of the blades and it's not unreasonable to get between 8 and 13 blades (without the volley enchant) in a normal boss sized area in ONE cast. Cast it twice and you've got your 20+ blades ready to blast. My starter with ~2 ex in gear maybe had something like 170k damage per blade (with Ngamahu's up). If I kept investing in it I could easily get to probably 300k per blade (Watcher's eyes, better jewels, better clusters, etc) as I literally rerolled this 89 the third day of the league.

The playstyle for manual cast wasn't that bad, either. Mana is a problem I just solved by using lifetap as my Chieftain leeches a ton. Cast speed I didn't fully stack and I was still at ~3 casts per second (spell echo on BF) and it felt fine. It was nice for bosses with prep time as you could load and blow them pretty fucking fast.

You could definitely work with Kitava's, but you'd have to do some weird mana flask/arcane surge effect/Heiro mana stacking shit I think to make it comfortable. I preferred Chieftain for some defense reasons as well as full convert (which with new glove implicits is very easy for anyone). I also use an elder helmet for my BB to get conc and immolate for a free 6 link. They're pretty cheap to buy and if you double corrupt them. Craft +AoE gems from bench on them, double corrupt for +2(AoE gems) and then get +3 global and you're looking at a very nasty lvl 27 Blade Blast.

Edit: Oh shit Mathil's making a BV Templar. A lot of this stuff is going to be figured out for us!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Good suggestion on the intensify, though that seems to have some anti-synergy with Unleash. Would you use the threshold jewel to stack intensity?

Not sure about Kitava's Thirst. Lack of 2 supports seems to really hurt the little bit of cast time you save.

Mathil is playing BV/BB???