Path of Exile

Xevy

Log Wizard
That video is also A: a build that died (mostly) with 3.15 due to mana cost stuff and B: in STANDARD in 3.13. Who the fuck knows what they're actually using.

Hopefully Vinktar's gets a rework. It's been buffed and then immediately nerfed, but it's almost always been underwhelming except when added damage was hard to get and for some niche self shock or shock spreading bullshit.

The state of these Unique reworks so far makes me think they looked at the least played classes for the previous leagues. Chieftain, albeit monstrously strong, is very low % of the level players and now 2 of 3 uniques we just saw a rework synergize VERY well with Chieftain. Obviously could just be a coincidence, but maybe their data saw that these Ascendancies were struggling/fell off during the lower levels pre-maps and that's why they're getting a boost. They do have that data, so I imagine they're looking to ease the burden of people who hate leveling new characters. I'm guessing they're going to over-do it and we're going to get some OP shit using junk uniques because PoEBrains find some synergy GGG didn't think of for some obscure build.

Last league I was done a month in and I didn't see myself looking forward too much to the next league, but the nerfs and the uniques make think it may actually freshen some shit up. I've never been meta nerd outside Minions which I've been playing since before they buffed Unending Hunger (2.6) so I'm not going to pound away at Explosive Arrow Totems, Seismic Trap, or DD shit like most people will. Hopefully they find a new mid-gear meta that can do everything so normies don't get stuck playing the same builds for the last 3 leagues.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Just using this as a reminder since we seem to have a fair bit of off and on players: use poewiki, not the fandom site.

Every time I've wanted to buy an MTX for a skill I'm using, I remember I'm still kind annoyed about texture streaming. Load times seem to be ok now(or I got used to them) but at the same time, what's been added to the graphics engine that would demand such a performance cost? 1060Ti was fine a few years ago, seems like it should be now.

That said, even if the hosting costs are peanuts, it's a nice gesture. I might buy a supporter pack for that. Really wish I could earmark it specifically for that.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Alright which of you liked league starting consecrated path totems

1660081087052.png

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Chest slot is taken by Iron Fortress for that build. Which I doubt will be getting a refresh.

IDK, not really coming up with anything for this item besides some meme shit.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's a ruetoo vortex ignite POB around that uses frostferno. The budget version has around 1.1 million ignite dps.

A 5 link frostblink in this chest would do 1.8. This might be crazy for league start but i just don't know exactly how it would feel to play

Xevy

Log Wizard
I league start it and got 100m last league (Sentinel boots won't exist though). I didn't use the Iron Fortress Chest, but I was one of like 2-3 people out of 25ish that didn't. Iron Fortress is just very easy omega dps and some decent defense so it'd definitely be hard to replace without a god-tier rare or close to it. For example:

1660083278485.png

is what I made and it honestly cost maybe 10ex to make and I did it the dumb way. Elder can roll %strength and %crit. This looks less than the Iron Will/Crown of Eyes/Fortress combo but the extra curse and the raw crit helps me out where I don't need power charges like most people do with their stupid mines to reach 100% crit. Also allows me to stack more multi elsewhere.

There's actually a LOT of interesting shit to be done. Frostblink, Frostblink/Flame Dash totems, SHIELD CHARGE, and even Cyclone. Conc path doesn't get any big bonuses for +levels like and unfortunately neither does Flicker Strike.

Cyclone will get a NICE amount of QoL if you hit 8 stages on that motherfucker with a +1 neck and if you use an Ashes (lol) you can get omega area for zoomin'. Depending what they give Trickster, the movement class, we could be in Legion League territory of a million billion Cycloners again. Could be good, it's been a while where Cyclone was more than a CoC mechanic.

Frostblink scales INSANELY with level and there's a lot of ways to add even more levels until you get something nutty like a lvl 36 Frostblink which will just absolutely TRUCK. Mathil did a Frostblink totem build before buffs 2-3 leagues ago and the clear was mediocre, but it was a boss destroyer if you could keep the target on screen. People also say cold to fire ignite Frostblink is very good and I probably believe them. It has one of the best raw +level scaling of any skills in the game.

Shield Charge gets great bonuses (+raw, +flat per armor/es) at skill thresholds so you could see some Facebreaker/Shield Charge shenanigans for sure. There's about a 75% chance Facebreakers are getting buffed too, so in my mind there's going to be about 20+ viable red map clearing builds where offense is decidedly done and you can work in defenses with your effort to make it an all-arounder. Maybe not boss blasters, but people are going to definitely be able to fuck around if these Uniques keep coming out with ACTUAL buffs rather than 15% damage/defense mark-ups.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Flamdash ignite is already a thing. It'll be even more of a thing now since this makes it pretty easy to hit gem level ~35 or whatever.

This all assumes that divergent flame dash exists and isn't suddenly a 20ex gem

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
There was a lightning warp build I linked a while back that might be able to use that. It definitely fell into the niche/meme category though. The fact Lightning warp hits twice at close range makes it kind of interesting though.

I also seem to remember some general's cry + shield charge builds from a while back before everyone settled on blade flurry that were semi ok and also hilarious to see because the minions attacked things far away like kamikaze missiles.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd say shield charge is very meh for this..It's noticable breakpoints are 24 and 34...24 you could get already pretty easily and 34 will probably never be worth the investment

• 1Solidarity

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Divergent flame dash per quality:

2% chance to Ignite enemies
2% more Burning Damage

Level 35 gem:

Fire damage: 2022 to 3033
Burning damage: 5336.6
Cooldown recovery: 78

avatars-5ubRbSC9cAUyqg9E-hGc0Ew-t500x500.jpg

• 1Worf

Xevy

Log Wizard
1660091238400.png

It's funny, we thought the nerf to stat stackers was coming. Apparently not fuckin' yet.

• 1Mother of God