Path of Exile

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also I wonder if the reflection stats are just +more or if they work more like elevated and they can do some cool stuff with influenced mods or temple mods or something.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So the twitch streams ive watched seem to think it's not what you think...There was an actual bug where it could hit thrice and thats what threy fixed but 1 melee from extra strike +1 proj from you should still work...but prob no way to know for sure

If that's all it is then I hate it even more.

Lightning strike getting to continue to do the thing they specifically removed frmo molten strike is some real bullshit. It's already mechanically a superior skill in every other way, why does it also get free double boss dps?

800px-Thomas_Had_Never_Seen_Such_Bullshit_Before.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well was going to skip the league but trade harvest league sounds pretty great.

• 1Like

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
uff , DD ded, Seismic completely wrecked, minions now in itemize-while-leveling-hell, lightning strike gutted. What are you guys playing or better leaguestarting? Dusting off Trickster flickerstrike?

Also the exalt divine changes are really confusing somehow. I never felt I had too much divines or they were too powerful and should be made even more rare. I wonder if trade now switches to divines as main currency. Probably not, people are used to pay in chaos and exalts.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I kinda hate most of the meta builds I look up. Most seem centered around totems and traps and I find those really boring. Skelly mages was OK but kinda annoying having so many minions to keep track of.

I enjoyed poisonous concoction but one build that caught my eyes was Crackling Lance. That looked really cool but it seems it's a "bad" build or something.

Not sure what to try next league, righteous fire was kinda cool but braindead gameplay. Might just go for poison again.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
BV poison/chaos looks pretty good.

Pretty much any shock/lightning build will be good.

Anything trickster is going to be meta as fuck, the sustain and thickness of that ascendancy is going to carry anything so fucking hard.

There's really a ton of new stuff that will work you just have to get away from the same shit thats been the meta for the past 5 leagues now.

Some of the new uniques that are stacking flat chaos damage everywhere is going to be absolutely nuts.

This league the campaign will most likely be the fastest and easiest to get through than any league prior, with some luck on drops of course.

I dare say even an ele wander will be good with that lovely thunderfist buff.

We now have many ways to build flicker strike, which is extremely welcome.

A lot of those unique buffs are just absolutely amazing for getting something good enough to farm for an endgame build if not some being outright OP enough to take you to red maps.

The ex/divine shit sounds good in theory but I have a feeling they aren't going to be as chase worthy as they think they will be. I didn't hear anything about increasing drop rates for exalts so they will still be valuable, just now you have to decide whether to divine a 1c unique or save for your bench crafts (they wont be slamming uniques like they think you will).

All in all, it sounds good enough to play and see how it all feels, which is about where we were with the 3.17 which is a good place to be.

Only thing that made me go "that sucks" was them removing toxic sewer map :( Loved that map for flicker clear.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Would be a Trickster BV poison be good? I know maybe too early before new POB, but I think I could stomach BV again, has been a while. I know Assassin is better for poison but I like the tankiness of the new Trickster Ascendancies. I tend to make stupid missplays

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Would be a Trickster BV poison be good? I know maybe too early before new POB, but I think I could stomach BV again, has been a while. I know Assassin is better for poison but I like the tankiness of the new Trickster Ascendancies. I tend to make stupid missplays

• The Ming's Heart Unique Ring now has 25% reduced maximum Energy Shield (previously 5-10%), 25% reduced maximum Life (previously 5-10%), and Gain 40-60% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage (previously 20%). Existing versions of this unique can be updated with a Divine Orb.
The Obliteration Unique Wand no longer Adds 25-50 to 85-125 Physical Damage, or 26-32% increased Critical Strike Chance. It now has Gain 30-40% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage (previously 13-15%).

These 2 alone should answer your question.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
There's a bunch of builds to be made around these Unique balances.

-Heatshiver is fucking insane.
-There's some omega clear potential with the +2 specter helm.
-My main man Montreguls got RETARDEDLY buffed. (20% hp as explosion to 50% hp. Scales with %increased minion damage and -fire resistances making zombies one-shot entire packs easily).
-The 175% SRS damage seems real nice too.
-Alberons I'm not sure if that's a sidegrade or not. I can't remember if you can convocate skeletons or not.
-Ralakateth's Impatience looks amazing for people who channel or face-tank. Unfortunately due to min charges not being able to be consumed you can't flicker strike or discharge with it.
-The Imperial Legacy or whatever shield is potentially insane for shield builds. Something like 2k armor and 400 ES with glancing blows and some other shit on top.
-Dialla's Robe is fucking amazing. It's like a super Ashes of creation and Dialla's has the benefit of colors not fucking matter for the actual gems except for their benefit. Find one. Harvest color it to whatever. 6 socket it. 5 link it. Corrupt it. Tainted fusing it. Win the game.

LOT of cool shit. Even Deidbell looks kind of neat with the potential synergy of slammers and Tawhoa's. I may actually look at strength stacker eventually with Brutus slamming away with that. Get a Magnate and double corrupt it with %strength and you're in biiiiig business.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's a bunch of builds to be made around these Unique balances.

-Heatshiver is fucking insane.
-There's some omega clear potential with the +2 specter helm.
-My main man Montreguls got RETARDEDLY buffed. (20% hp as explosion to 50% hp. Scales with %increased minion damage and -fire resistances making zombies one-shot entire packs easily).
-The 175% SRS damage seems real nice too.
-Alberons I'm not sure if that's a sidegrade or not. I can't remember if you can convocate skeletons or not.
-Ralakateth's Impatience looks amazing for people who channel or face-tank. Unfortunately due to min charges not being able to be consumed you can't flicker strike or discharge with it.
-The Imperial Legacy or whatever shield is potentially insane for shield builds. Something like 2k armor and 400 ES with glancing blows and some other shit on top.
-Dialla's Robe is fucking amazing. It's like a super Ashes of creation and Dialla's has the benefit of colors not fucking matter for the actual gems except for their benefit. Find one. Harvest color it to whatever. 6 socket it. 5 link it. Corrupt it. Tainted fusing it. Win the game.

LOT of cool shit. Even Deidbell looks kind of neat with the potential synergy of slammers and Tawhoa's. I may actually look at strength stacker eventually with Brutus slamming away with that. Get a Magnate and double corrupt it with %strength and you're in biiiiig business.
Like you say these uniques have a lot of potential for sure.

My pickle is the new lowered unique droprates makes it a bit hard to decide on starters. If it's much lower then you need a starter that works with rares.
But if you can still get uniques easily, and you don't make a build with some of these you will for sure miss out on alot of power.

exalts gonna be like 20c now i'm guessing...I've probably used 50 exalts metamoding for every 1 i used to slam.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I have given this game quite a bit of shit over the last few years for the stupid shit they've done, so I have to give them props when they do something overwhelmingly good.

The unique updates that I've seen so far look excellent. It looks like they've finely decided to make them a whole lot of them actually unique and possibly build defining. It is exactly the thing that should have been done years ago, but seeing it now is still nice.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Y'all ready for divines to be so valuable you literally can't buy them with chaos because the trade window won't hold enough of it.

Economy is gonna be fuckin wild this league

• 1Solidarity

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Damn, reading through the notes and see that they are neutering beyond encounters? Those were stupidly fun/crazy, screens of death and all that. Hopefully the new version is just as good

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Hmm, will their changes to rare monsters and their density and rewards be a positive game performance change? Now THAT would be the best change ever. It always sucks that while also being currency, and time limited, a good chunk of the higher endgame is CPU/GPU limited.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was thinking about that too, if there are less amounts of them hopefully the drops are upped to compensate. Garbage drops still 99% of the time but it'd suck to limit mobs and have that limit on loot too

• 1Solidarity

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Watching the league reveal stream you can see, the arch nemesis mods are very rewarding the only question is how rare the good mods are and how often do you encounter rares to roll the dice?

1660325300855.png

1660325336673.png

1660325376484.png

Of course, RNG gonna RNG and these loot explosions are dependant on archnemesis mods but you can see that the potential is there.

Just watching the reveal videos dealing with the AN rework, it looks like you still encounter rares in almost every pack, just not multiple per pack.
Of course, atlas passives will definitely play a role here.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The hilarious unspoken nerf of the monster changes is how badly it's gonna fuck boneshatter:

"All monsters in an instance that are the same or very similar will have the same magic monster modifier"

So this is gonna result in some maps having what, 30-50% of your blue packs in a map rolling steel-infused and being stun immune, and you have to sit there and attack each one individually with boneshatter?

• 1Worf

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The hilarious unspoken nerf of the monster changes is how badly it's gonna fuck boneshatter:

"All monsters in an instance that are the same or very similar will have the same magic monster modifier"

So this is gonna result in some maps having what, 30-50% of your blue packs in a map rolling steel-infused and being stun immune, and you have to sit there and attack each one individually with boneshatter?
When I heard that I took it as, you won't have overlapping mods in the same pack, you won't have steel infused mixed with any other mod within the same pack, not a zone wide single modifier.

If you see a rare with steel infused you can now assume the magic mobs around it will be steel infused instead of like berserker.

To add, if it was zone wide you would have an entire map filled with Solaris touched or another amazing mod that would shit out loot that would be incredible, which leads me to believe it's per pack.

Last edited:

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Boneshatter? Did you see the Q&A with ZiggyD and CW yesterday after the league announce? The answer Wilson gave regarding melee? Just don't play melee in this game.
Alkaizer memed it best today "Problem: almost all melee skills are underwhelming. Solution: don't play melee". (he will play helix he said, btw).
Also Alkaizer had some very good reflections on the upcoming league today, btw. One thing he said is that almost everything got nerfed and nothing got buffed so a S tier build will still be okay just perform C tier this league and people will notice. Also one thing he said was "no one thinks the Harvest changes have a lot of impact. I predict the gear you wear day two will be the same gear you wear day five because of that."

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
  • The Sunblast Unique Belt no longer has 30-40% increased Trap Damage, or 20% increased Mana Regeneration Rate. Instead, it now has "Skills which Throw Traps throw up to 3 additional Traps", "Throw Traps randomly around targeted location", and "Traps cannot be triggered by Enemies". It also now has 50% reduced Trap Duration (previously 80%).
300% more trap damage(less turnback time) for the cost of two medium clusters(set and forget) that you were going to use anyway? Sounds good to me. Only other drawback is that you won't benefit from traps being triggered by enemies, which means frenzy and power charges, and Tinkerskin(not sure anyone uses this anymore). Seems like an endgame belt.

Anyone remember if reducing trap duration also affects arming time? As in, will they trigger instantly after landing like mines if you spam the detonate skill?