Path of Exile

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
giphy.gif

Kind of a weird projection for the league but... lol

If minions were effected by that belt, Baron zombies might actually be a thing again.

Still looks like stat stackers are on the menu.

Berserker str stacker definitely looking meaty.

• 1Rimshot
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Go go gadget cyclone, better?

I remember baron zombies was popular in the very first league I played, would be curious to try that one out if it works.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Cyclone hasn't been a viable primary damage skill in quite a while. There was a brief window before the major gem nerfs that it was still pretty good, but after those the damage just isn't there.

Especially now if you ever want to do ubers cyclone is just not a thing.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Melee is so dumb. It only works if you can kill in seconds because otherwise you get like 1/10 of your pob dps while a ranged class might have 1/2 because of avoiding mechanics.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Cycloe was good for a bit when impale was still pre nerf and you could dish out some good deeps. It was not top tier deeps but it was still ok.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
When was impale nerfed? It's still a quite strong mechanic if you're going pure phys. In fact, it needs a nerfing if only because going crit, melee, and impale is far too many passive points on the tree.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It got absolutely savaged in the gem nerf patch, along with a bunch of the nodes on the tree and master of metal etc.

Phys impale DPS in general was only barely good enough before that - it was definitely one of the victims of that patch lowering the floor so much that it just feels awful to try and play.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hmmm, not sure if I've actually played a build with the impale gem since 3.15. Few times I've put them together in PoB, the gem was a competitive ~35% more damage. Impale chance isn't that easy to find, especially since a good part of it is on the tree and there's high competition for those points.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah if memory serves you could build up impale to like 7 or 8 stacks. And this got severely nerfed along with nodes on tree for chance.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
That happened alongside the buff to monster armor didn't it? When they added "Chance to overwhelm 10% of armor" or whatever its called.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
RIP my perforate builds iirc during the great gem crunch. I seem to recall those becoming untenable in the newer game. But last I played was the Eater of Worlds/Searing Exarch intro.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Perforate has QoL issues that impale can't fix. You want "attack without moving" enabled for clear but disabled for single target.

If you can fix that, it's probably the best Hiltless skill since its clear isn't ass like molten strike. Though, that's getting indirectly nerfed too.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Perforate has QoL issues that impale can't fix. You want "attack without moving" enabled for clear but disabled for single target.

If you can fix that, it's probably the best Hiltless skill since its clear isn't ass like molten strike. Though, that's getting indirectly nerfed too.
Yeah. A shame it’s my favorite melee skill.

• 1Solidarity

Xevy

Log Wizard
Really good announcements. Lotta nice QoL. New skills were underwhelming. Everyone can now blast Harvest without stopping. Trickster fucks. The supporter packs actually looked amazing, the exploding death thing especially unless you're playing Hardcore.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Was planning Toxic Rain Miner Trickster for league start. Think it still works.

Heartstopper still shit.

Spellbreaker triggering ES recharge seems a bit anti synergy. Or, at least, requires Wicked Ward to make sense? Otherwise, you're starting and stopping ES recharge frequently.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Lightning strike finally gets the MS nerf after dodging it for several leagues. All hail our new helix overlords I guess.

Trickster looks sick.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lightning strike finally gets the MS nerf after dodging it for several leagues. All hail our new helix overlords I guess.

Trickster looks sick.

So the twitch streams ive watched seem to think it's not what you think...There was an actual bug where it could hit thrice and thats what threy fixed but 1 melee from extra strike +1 proj from you should still work...but prob no way to know for sure