Path of Exile

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Right, I want to know the hold up. Who's against removing MF gear and what's their pants-on-head reason?

In theory, MF gear could be interesting. Depower your build for more rewards. The average build has far too many checkboxes to fill and resulting gear slot contention for it to be interesting anymore. I actually wonder if the Gold flask was introduced for that reason. The developers found slotting in MF gear into the barren hellscape of the 3.15 meta to be far more difficult than one flask.

Also, shouldn't exist while gear swapping exists. Ideally, rewards would be scaled by proportion of damage dealt, but that would kill party play(don't care) and I'm pretty sure their engine can't actually do that. It's why dot kills by anything(mines, minions, traps, etc) are attributed to the owner.

The simplest way to fix the MF issue is to snapshot quant/rarity at time map is opened or when the monster is first loaded into memory (eg: when you enter the portal). MF would be a thing, but MF cullers to call in would have no effect.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wouldn't that just lead to people creating a map with a MF bot and getting the full rewards with no risk in their main spec/gear? If it snapshotted the MF at zone in/creation

Was thinking it'd be simpler to just make it so you cannot join party portals after X time elapsed. That'd also neuter boss kill trades but meh, is what it is.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That might be the simplest. I think in the long run, removing it would be better. Your gear is for killing monsters and surviving. If you want more difficulty and rewards, there's the map device, fragments, scarabs, and the map itself(if it is rollable). Now, you don't have to rejigger your whole build to fit in MF stats. They essentially live in their own space separate from other types of stats.

Note how there aren't any MF passives on the passive tree, but there are on the atlas tree. That division, even if accidental, is much preferred.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Wouldn't that just lead to people creating a map with a MF bot and getting the full rewards with no risk in their main spec/gear? If it snapshotted the MF at zone in/creation

Was thinking it'd be simpler to just make it so you cannot join party portals after X time elapsed. That'd also neuter boss kill trades but meh, is what it is.

That's why I said "or when the monster is loaded in memory". I mean, there's many ways to do it, you can also load it when they get within a certain distance from the monster. The point I'm getting at is there's many easy solutions to keep MF viable, without requiring cullers. They could make an exception for the gold flask, divination distillate, etc type flasks.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The test of 2000 rares identified equaling 3% of rares being sellable and 0% useable by the guys character totaling 78c is enough to just say, this discussion is pointless, the loot is garbage and they need to fix that shit.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Part of me is curious as to the personal reasons MF from gear isn't removed. Seems like an easy fix. A mid-league fix even. So, some higher up has to be blocking this. Remember, Gold flasks are relatively new(3.15 I think), so it's not like there is this legacy fleet they just forgot about.

The other part of me doesn't want a so horribly out of touch response akin to "weight" and "close your eyes and slam".
I mean that amounts to nerfing builds mid league since some people made pure MF chars, and it wasn't an apparent issue right away(in fact it was touted as one of the cool features of this league, "get your MF chars ready"). I think they might just axe the whole thing next league though, it just doesn't work with the current way they're doing loot, unless they snapshot MF when the monster attacks or something which would be ok but not sure how feasible it would be. Can't snapshot upon creating instances unless you want to add tedious but optimal gameplay of having a 2nd account with your MF char opening all your maps and snapshotting on kill leads to current situation, so snapshotting on contact is the only one where you can't just swap it on the fly, you either have MF when you encounter it or not.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Honestly until that last patch announcement I thought MF culling was a meme. Hey, you swapped all your shit to finish off the guy that was going to drop a bunch of stuff and of course it dropped a bunch of stuff here's a highlight video.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
That's why I said "or when the monster is loaded in memory". I mean, there's many ways to do it, you can also load it when they get within a certain distance from the monster. The point I'm getting at is there's many easy solutions to keep MF viable, without requiring cullers. They could make an exception for the gold flask, divination distillate, etc type flasks.

Make an MF toon, on a second account. Load the maps with the Mf toon, can even leave it at the zi, then clear the zone with the carry. Yes, people would be doing that with botters loving it.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Or you know buff the 90% of the skills/game and stop worrying about this niche bullshit because it resets every 3 months.

• 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Has anyone used PoB's "Find Timeless Jewel" button? I think I've figured it out, got a lengthy list of jewel seeds that I suspect will end up costing more than I want to pay anyway.

BUT, just in case there's a deal on the market...how the fuck do I get these list of numbers easily into the trade website?

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Has anyone used PoB's "Find Timeless Jewel" button? I think I've figured it out, got a lengthy list of jewel seeds that I suspect will end up costing more than I want to pay anyway.

BUT, just in case there's a deal on the market...how the fuck do I get these list of numbers easily into the trade website?
I tried it a little, but if the specific number isn't there it's kind of a bitch. Searching a range of numbers (min X to max X) seems to work if you set the range to be wide enough but not too wide. The really good ones are definitely already priced into orbit. Ones that put all kinds of badass mods in range of an impossible escape jewel in the center of the tree for example...

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Right, I want to know the hold up. Who's against removing MF gear and what's their pants-on-head reason?

In theory, MF gear could be interesting. Depower your build for more rewards. The average build has far too many checkboxes to fill and resulting gear slot contention for it to be interesting anymore. I actually wonder if the Gold flask was introduced for that reason. The developers found slotting in MF gear into the barren hellscape of the 3.15 meta to be far more difficult than one flask.

Also, shouldn't exist while gear swapping exists. Ideally, rewards would be scaled by proportion of damage dealt, but that would kill party play(don't care) and I'm pretty sure their engine can't actually do that. It's why dot kills by anything(mines, minions, traps, etc) are attributed to the owner.

if anything mf gear should be very targeted and limited, and probably come with a downside, very similar to alters.

"you take X increased cold damage but have a .02 chance of a div card dropping from slain enemies"

"you have X reduced movement speed but have a .032 chance of basic currency dropping from slain enemies"

so on and so forth. Would pollute the crafting pool with a bunch more garbage too, which you know GGG has a hard on for

Xevy

Log Wizard
There's a few ways to do this. One is do a "count" on the trade site and set it to the exact Warrior and Souls (13187 souls under Kaom) and set it for each one you're looking for.

The other way is you find the socket you want to slot it in. Copy a "dummy" version of the Timeless jewel over. Import it. Then, edit it for each listed Timeless jewel and look at the change to your dps/life etc when you "add to build". This can be very time consuming, and there very well may be a better way to do it, but that's what I did. I nabbed some triple 5% strength, +20 strength, 5% double damage jewel for like 30c because of it. Spent probably 90 minutes between two days plugging and chugging, but I'd just do it while watching Mathil or Netflix or something and keep a text page open with the good jewels and the potential DPS/total Str they gave me so I could come back to them.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

if you google timeless jewel calculater there are a couple different tools people have made. I ended up downloading a spreadsheet (keep reading below)

that has literally every combo, found the key mod I was looking for, then matched it to the jewel number. Then use this

Timeless Jewel Calculator

to plug in the jewel and see if the other mods were good. Then gotta see if its available on trade. Rinse and repeat and I had my jewel in about 20 mins.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
He was a lot less annoying streaming D3 but its also a lot less exhilerating of a game

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Confession time: I find Quin to be occasionally pretty damned funny, usually when he's getting shit on by his chat. It's a guilty pleasure that I'm not proud of.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users