Path of Exile

Xevy

Log Wizard
Man, if I were to ask for ONE thing for this league, it's that with the 1 month tune-up they turn the Ethereal reflections up by about 10x. There are some absolutely dumb mechanics with negative values right now (proj speed, life reservation, min charges, and now %phys as extra) that I'd love to fuck with. But unfortunately I've gotten one reflection so far in 5 characters to 90+. I'm not 100% min-maxing to try and get them, but I'm definitely putting in like 75% effort. I really just want to make some stupid stat stacker rings or some meme -20 mana cost rings to throw on any character for nearly free skills. Hopefully they look at that and it seems like a good way to get that "oh shit yeah?" bump for the 1 month that brings back some players for a little bit.

It's interesting that a lot of people quit/didn't start this league because "not enough changed", but there's a bunch of weird interactions between mirrored items and new uniques and all sorts of fun stuff. Rathpith alone is like, a fucking build maker itself. If a dedicated nerd took my skelly rathpith mage build and built it correctly and invested money I'm pretty sure it would reach near 100m with vaal skellies NP. Mine was built off the bones of a zombie Necro I had, only has 7k life and my with Vaal skellies it does something like 20-30m dps. Just absolutely insane. With the new crit multi sources for minions + spell crit scaling on Rathpith you can very literally get 100% crit with skelly mages with something like 300-500 crit multi and they will just obliterate. I can't imagine how dumb it would've been if they left the 50% more damage mod on them.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
With enough negative projectile speed, could you have an indefinite pile of lightning balls that never went away? Was the first build I ever played, don't remember if they disappear from distance or time

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Doubt the engine works like that. I expect past 99% reduced projectile speed, it will underflow and you'll get fast projectiles again.

Someone tested this last league with reduced wave frequency and sunder. 99% was really fast, practically instant. Once he went over it, it was back to slow ass 3.18 sunder.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
only thing i remember hearing/reading when it comes to reduced proj speed was for spectral helix but Ball lightning might have something similar.

Apparently, on top of the cooldown time helix has between hits it also has a minimum traveled distance between hits as well. So with too much reduced proj speed it wouldn't travel far enough even if the cooldown was over already. I believe the magic number was 94% reduced proj speed...any more and you'd lose dps.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's depressing, if it has to travel x distance to reapply damage/debuff/whatever it kinda ruins the idea of creating a lightning black hole on top of bosses or something.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Swear I seen mention of a hit cap/ball. Either way, you'd have to hug the boss and have him stand still, sounds super fun to play.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The slower proj stuff is all just memes and doesn't work outside of some specific uber bosses and simulacrums. It's legit very strong at simulacrums though if that's your thing.

You can fill the entire arena with helix projectiles and stuff just gets hit a dozen times the second it spawns.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Some one on the Builds Reddit did some testing and I believe they said Ball Lightning supposedly has a cap of ~14 hits per target. And it's really not too hard to already get that with some AE increase and regular slower proj stuff. They also did some fun ones like Spark and Ethereal Knives which are cool, but really only do damage once per hit, unlike Gyre or Spectral Helix or even Spectral Throw. I'm interested in how Spec Throw does because you could put GMP on that fucker and just toss out 5 slowbois and they should hit 3 times (I think?) per second as long as the target hitbox is close. That could be pretty sick with shit like poison.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Man, if I were to ask for ONE thing for this league, it's that with the 1 month tune-up they turn the Ethereal reflections up by about 10x. There are some absolutely dumb mechanics with negative values right now (proj speed, life reservation, min charges, and now %phys as extra) that I'd love to fuck with. But unfortunately I've gotten one reflection so far in 5 characters to 90+. I'm not 100% min-maxing to try and get them, but I'm definitely putting in like 75% effort. I really just want to make some stupid stat stacker rings or some meme -20 mana cost rings to throw on any character for nearly free skills. Hopefully they look at that and it seems like a good way to get that "oh shit yeah?" bump for the 1 month that brings back some players for a little bit.

It's interesting that a lot of people quit/didn't start this league because "not enough changed", but there's a bunch of weird interactions between mirrored items and new uniques and all sorts of fun stuff. Rathpith alone is like, a fucking build maker itself. If a dedicated nerd took my skelly rathpith mage build and built it correctly and invested money I'm pretty sure it would reach near 100m with vaal skellies NP. Mine was built off the bones of a zombie Necro I had, only has 7k life and my with Vaal skellies it does something like 20-30m dps. Just absolutely insane. With the new crit multi sources for minions + spell crit scaling on Rathpith you can very literally get 100% crit with skelly mages with something like 300-500 crit multi and they will just obliterate. I can't imagine how dumb it would've been if they left the 50% more damage mod on them.

Got a PoB for Rathpith skele mages?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah:

Only tooling around I have to do is set one of the Grand Spectrums to "Minions have 90% to Crit Multi" because PoB doesn't recognize any of them at the moment. I also have it set for single target, for clear I have Hypothermia switched out for GMP and the tooltip DPS is like 190k per mage or something for frost. I'm actually going to work on the build, probably try and get a +3-4 Fleshcrafter via my own Double Corrupts, but I need to farm Voricis in lab first for at least 2 white sockets so I can do boss swaps. I think my minions with brittle ground have ~65% crit and like 450%+ multi. I haven't done much hard content with it as I don't even have a 21 vaal skeletons gem (each level is straight up 10% MORE dps per level on that gem) but I did Oshabi and a Maven'd Twisted Distant Memory. Oshabi took a little longer than I'd like, maybe 30 seconds? The Twisted Boss died in about 3 seconds.

I'm thinking I can push this build to 30-40m with Vaal skellies up pretty easily, but I'm semi-SSFing it rather than just buying shit for 10 divines. Build clears amazingly, the only downside is the Dissolution of Flesh + Degens can be tricky, but I just basically range myself off screen and sit in my spectre's prox shield for the most part. If you REALLY wanna blast maps you go GMP and Pierce and you'll never even see the mobs.

I also have zombies with phantasms because they constantly proc phantasms which give 5% life to minions which helps keep everything that isn't invulnerable alive. The Rathpith actually makes minions take 10% of life per spell use which means your spectres/skellies are constantly damaging themselves, but I've never seen a skeleton go below 80% life.

I think a build with ~9k life and a bit more +levels on the skeletons gem (thinking around 29) would definitely hit 50m mark. I may stream it some tonight and I'll post a clip if I do any notable bosses.

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Yeah:

Only tooling around I have to do is set one of the Grand Spectrums to "Minions have 90% to Crit Multi" because PoB doesn't recognize any of them at the moment. I also have it set for single target, for clear I have Hypothermia switched out for GMP and the tooltip DPS is like 190k per mage or something for frost. I'm actually going to work on the build, probably try and get a +3-4 Fleshcrafter via my own Double Corrupts, but I need to farm Voricis in lab first for at least 2 white sockets so I can do boss swaps. I think my minions with brittle ground have ~65% crit and like 450%+ multi. I haven't done much hard content with it as I don't even have a 21 vaal skeletons gem (each level is straight up 10% MORE dps per level on that gem) but I did Oshabi and a Maven'd Twisted Distant Memory. Oshabi took a little longer than I'd like, maybe 30 seconds? The Twisted Boss died in about 3 seconds.

I'm thinking I can push this build to 30-40m with Vaal skellies up pretty easily, but I'm semi-SSFing it rather than just buying shit for 10 divines. Build clears amazingly, the only downside is the Dissolution of Flesh + Degens can be tricky, but I just basically range myself off screen and sit in my spectre's prox shield for the most part. If you REALLY wanna blast maps you go GMP and Pierce and you'll never even see the mobs.

I also have zombies with phantasms because they constantly proc phantasms which give 5% life to minions which helps keep everything that isn't invulnerable alive. The Rathpith actually makes minions take 10% of life per spell use which means your spectres/skellies are constantly damaging themselves, but I've never seen a skeleton go below 80% life.

I think a build with ~9k life and a bit more +levels on the skeletons gem (thinking around 29) would definitely hit 50m mark. I may stream it some tonight and I'll post a clip if I do any notable bosses.

Thank you. I'm currently running around with phantasmal vaal summon skeletons doing poison on an occultist and as a proof of concept it clears alright but I'm skeptical I can get anywhere without spending enough money that could have greased any terrible idea.

Xevy

Log Wizard
That skelly archers? I actually fucked with those last league a bit and their damage just doesn't scale correctly I don't think. It's because I think their attack time is slower than regular skeletons and they don't really have a multitstrike/spell echo equivalent because you can't use mirage archer with them. I think I might have had them linked with Phantasms because they share projectile gems decently, but overall the damage just couldn't scale because ranged skellies need a rework to make them comparable to mages/warriors.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
That skelly archers? I actually fucked with those last league a bit and their damage just doesn't scale correctly I don't think. It's because I think their attack time is slower than regular skeletons and they don't really have a multitstrike/spell echo equivalent because you can't use mirage archer with them. I think I might have had them linked with Phantasms because they share projectile gems decently, but overall the damage just couldn't scale because ranged skellies need a rework to make them comparable to mages/warriors.

Yeah, it's skele archers. I've been spending a lot of my time this league fucking about with different minions and a whole mess of spectres and while there are plenty of configurations that map just fine without much investment nothing has that "oh fuck" feeling that old syndicate operatives or old skele mages had. Putting together syndicate ops for the first time and it was like

anime-run.gif

where have you been all my life.

The 3.19 had some "buffs" to minion bleed/poison/ignite and a little more support for those ailments through abyss jewels but I don't really expect I'll stumble upon the new hotness on my own.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I actually made a rarity/quant necro as well with Ops and Zombies for just clearing alch and goes with ~300%+ rarity and 50ish quant. Unending Hunger definitely makes clearing awesome, but single target on them now is just abysmal for things like omega essences or buffed bosses. I haven't tried Hyrri's bow specs yet, they're slower attack speed but higher damage which is what I'd want if I'm leaning on unending hunger as Soul Eater gives +attack speed out the ass. Really not much being talked about with spectre for 3.19 which is unfortunate. I thought for sure with new crit sources there'd be some nasty single target spectre builds and maybe there will be, but nothing on my radar for the last week looking through Kay's and googling and checking Necro forums.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Didn't stream anything so no clips of my dps, but blasted another Synth boss in probably ~3 seconds. Also did regular Exarch and Polaric no deaths, but the wind up time on Vaal skeletons was a bit annoying. The invi-skellies make the ball phase fucking trivial though for Exarch.

Currently blasted 3 6 link Fleshcrafters with double corrupt. Got 2 6L white and 1 increased ES/reduced lightning damage. Unfortunately only had 4 corrupts so I've got to farm more Voricis and more Locus.

Also bought a +skeleton fractured neck for cheap to roll while I wear another one. Going to aim for +phys gems on it so I'm just blasting harvest phys rolls.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I threw together the basics (Fleshcrafter, 3x Grand Spectrum, Necromantic Aegis) and they're just such better units that skeletal archers. Archers blow.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are you able to control which element you get when you role skelly mages? or does it simply give 1/3rd to each?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You can't control it, which is why you use Fleshcrafter so resists/elemental type don't matter

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's pretty cool.

Logging in and saw this, guessing his ban was lifted? Or is it just salt in the wound hilarity?

1663861447444.png

Juvarisx

Florida
That's pretty cool.

Logging in and saw this, guessing his ban was lifted? Or is it just salt in the wound hilarity?

View attachment 434425

You are thinking of PathofMath, Mathil is someone different who runs a very chill and popular twitch stream where he plays a newq build every 5 days or so. Some meta mostly not, gear prices used to depend on what he played.

PathofMath is a sperg who probably wont ever get unbanned lol

• 1Truth!