Path of Exile

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd never watch his streams but I've found him entertaining in the Stalling podcast when he's just bullshitting with the other streamers. This is him from just before the league launch, talking about the very build you see in 'action' in that Maven clip. Probably the 2nd hardest I've ever seen Ziz laugh.

Hell he can even be funny while screeching, at least when Ziz is mocking him (do watch the volume on this one). The third time Ziz replays it, he goes back far enough that you can see Quin actually recoils from his monitor when the DD goes off; definitely not faking that!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
His mods are the key to him being so entertaining. The voice overs for donos and the camera filters and audio clips of people talking about him at the right time are pretty amazing. Having a TTS of his own voice alone is quality content. But yeah, if you don't know he has an alternate stream, SheepFarmer, where he still plays the same games but just grinds and listens to relaxing music and doesn't have to be his entertainer persona. It's not nearly as entertaining, but it's an interesting look into what's the man and what's the character. I always thought he was great on the Ziz podcasts because he'd say a lot of shit that was smart and unpopular which is always refreshing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
To the MF discussion, I actually got a Bisco's neck from Div cards and a couple of decently rolled Ventor's. I considered rejigging to see if I could fit them in and decided it was a waste of time.

That being said, PoE has had a MF support gem around since early days. Combined with that MF flask, it is really like MF is a tangential thing that someone talks about in meetings occasionally and someone throws them a bone to shut them up and that is that for another couple of leagues.

But a couple of years ago when Bisco's were all the rage, MF was pseudo popular as well.

Xevy

Log Wizard
In the olden days before Uniques were all around good, people just slapped fucking rarity anywhere they could as they wore rares in every slot and item affixes were basically nothing outside resists and life. They even had IIQ (Increased Item Quantity) support gem they had to retire but kept in IIR (Increased Item Rarity) support gem as it had less impact. Rarity really didn't do TOO much except help you scale up rares to uniques to hopefully help find some T1 and T0 uniques (most are gated behind bosses now anyways). With the AN changes they made it so rarity scaled currency up which is where you're seeing the hub-bub about it, but outside of touched mobs you're still better off getting as much quant as possible as a lot of stuff doesn't scale like cards and scarabs etc. For a while Windripper was a top-tier unique because of the quant boost and Bisco's has been nerfed, twice, I think? They make adjustments and this is the only league where rarity meant anything significant.

If you really want a MFer just roll a Spectre Summoner (literally any class) with unending hunger jewels and stack quant everywhere you want. Roll with a 4link or 6 link helmet with SRS for map bosses if your spectre's souls drop off. Pretty much you can just hop in a map and run and convocate as you go and obliterate everything. Can easily run double Ventor's, Greed's, big Janus rarity helmet, Biscos (probably just one of the two), Sentari's and the Goldwyrms. As a summoner you can just go Necro and grab Purity of Elements and Commander of Darkness and your resists are met. If you're just doing T16 moderate maps (alch and go, some frags, not 100% deli) you don't need any damage auras for your spectres for them to own everything. Unending Hunger just absolutely carries especially if you run breaches or abysses or legions. Legions are especially funny because they get the souls on breaking the mobs out as well as killing them.

Had some one make this build back in Expedition or maybe Ultimatum and it absolutely fucked. The minion nerfs don't even matter for the most part as they just spread power out from the Necro Ascendancy so you can go Guardian or Ascendant or whatever the fuck you want now.

Edit: Forgot to mention I BELIEVE there's a rarity soft cap. I don't remember what it was but something like 450% maybe? Could be talking out my ass, but I had guildmates do a MFer start two leagues ago and they crushed it. Made something like 27 exalts in the first 3 days straight up, with more in sellables. Just two people and no seller or anything. Another great way to get free quant/rarity is to use Alva Temples with Tempest 3. Those Tempests do DOUBLE duty as they buff YOUR rarity and quantity an extreme amount AND buff the mobs with it so if there's a cap, you're hitting it. Not sure if buff duration works on those, but I'm fairly certain is does.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So I'm running this:

And wew. First time I ever finished uber lab at level 68 before clearing acts lol. This is EXTREMELY powerful. Sadly, because of it the price for building it is now through the roof. But its a crazy fun build.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'd be cautious of judging the build on uber lab. Speed, phys mitigation, and sustain are good ways to trivialize it.

Self chill via veiled trigger and lethe shade I guess is a bit novel. The rest is a typical spark inquisitor with more currency thrown at it than streamer willing to admit?

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'd be cautious of judging the build on uber lab. Speed, phys mitigation, and sustain are good ways to trivialize it.

Self chill via veiled trigger and lethe shade I guess is a bit novel. The rest is a typical spark inquisitor with more currency thrown at it than streamer willing to admit?

I was clearing T16 maps at level 69. Kinda risky, but doable. It seems super powerful to me. The budget build is pretty viable, most expensive piece was the replica hotfooted, which since the build was published was like 1.5-2div.

Either way, its def a fun build, especially since I normally don't play inquisitor.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Regardless of build, I suggest everyone do Uber Lab as early as possible and then pour one out in remembrance of wizardhawk.

You've been missing out if you haven't tried an inquisitor since he got double regen.

• 1Worf

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Regardless of build, I suggest everyone do Uber Lab as early as possible and then pour one out in remembrance of wizardhawk.

You've been missing out if you haven't tried an inquisitor since he got double regen.

Yeah it was crazy, I hit RF then puckered up and my health stays still, I'm like wait what

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It already got nerfed this league. Fire trap was carrying its single target and it got a 30% reduction.

Tanky and brainless clear even if said clear is nothing spectacular unless you invest in pops. It's definitely popular but there's no aspect of the build itself that warrants nerfing.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I picked up EK ignite elementalist.. Projectiles w/chain + explosions with ignite prolif.
Obviously a fun playstyle for mapping and legions etc.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
My Flame golem build made it to T16 and it is doable, but slower than good builds. Now I dread all the bosses and probably quit, when my dps isn't high enough. But my autism is satisfied.

Also no good guides means I was winging it and in good PoE fashion my build probably has a shitton of room to improve. But fuck it. Job done.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
It already got nerfed this league. Fire trap was carrying its single target and it got a 30% reduction.

Tanky and brainless clear even if said clear is nothing spectacular unless you invest in pops. It's definitely popular but there's no aspect of the build itself that warrants nerfing.
One can hope - I would love to league start it, it was secondary for me this time.

Flame trap on a 3L with help from Infernal Cry still cleared a T16 Blight event in a map because I forgot to turn on RF after a portal. Whooeee am I a scrub!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I was clearing T16 maps at level 69. Kinda risky, but doable. It seems super powerful to me. The budget build is pretty viable, most expensive piece was the replica hotfooted, which since the build was published was like 1.5-2div.

Either way, its def a fun build, especially since I normally don't play inquisitor.
Just to put my money where my mouth is, I did Uber Lab at 71 on a typical LS Champ(I want to try Doryani's Proto and Mahu shield). Single target was shit since Perseverance wasn't online, but was never in danger of dying. 30k armor helps trivialize that place. If only wizardhawk could experience buffed armor values.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Playing an armor class in uber lab is so much easier, I remember wanting to snap keyboards in half when Iz sneezed at me and blew up my first couple characters before I really understood the fights better.

Even now, I still wait until the 80's to do it and cringe

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The traps all do %maxlife damage, so just put on an immortal flesh and you're fine on any build as long as your HP is like ~3k-3500 or so.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
And you don't get one of the zones that has spikes + sawblades pathing over it. I think someone took great masochistic pleasure in designing a few of the lab zones

• 1Solidarity

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
That inquisitor regen trivializes the lab traps as well unless you basically walk along with the spinning blades. The spike traps barely even drop your hps.