Path of Exile

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
PathofMath got told he's welcome to make another account but the one he put a few grand in to is staying banned.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Mathil is THE PoE streamer now. It probably was Ziz, but since he's got RL stuff now and does a lot of Dev talk stuff with other games he's not on as consistently. Mathil literally plays every day of every league minus one or two days. No exaggeration, we're talking like 88 days a league. He even streams one of the days before a new league launches and after the old league ends where he does some PoB stuff. He also famously gets really drunk and reads league patch notes and the whole thing usually takes 4-6 hours.

He's pretty pro GGG and pretty anti-Redditor so a lot of people consider him a shill, which he even says is partially true because PoE is his job. He doesn't stream anything else. That said he does give them feedback like this league several times he's had direct contact and told them to nuke Arch Nemesis because some mobs make builds just not work and it means people will be less inclined to try out new builds when they run into some mob that hard counters it and they can't beat it.

He also listens to VODs of trance/house/hardcore DJ sets while he plays so a lot of people just throw him on to piggyback the music while they grind and every once and a while you hear "Elemental weakness? WHY? I'M AN INQUISITOR YOU DOG CUNT!" Classic Mathil.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
His current project (Mathil) is probably worth checking out some of the VODs or youtube on as it's pretty hilarious. He's managed to create like spell-based flickerstrike via cast on crit lightning warp shenanigans and it's a glorious shitshow to watch in action.

• 1Truth!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Also worth noting that build is peak Mathil. Shit is flimsy as fuck and will fall over to stiff breezes.

I like the Battlemage CoC idea, but I can't help but feeling it's better applied to some other 1-2 combo skill. That trigger penalty on Lightning Conduit is just so punishing.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Like it or not, quin is THE poe streamer, he just only streams about half the league. Mathil's fallen off a lot the last few years, along with just about all poe streaming other than quin. Hell quin's non-monetized streaming account he plays on his off hours gets more views than mathil during his peak streaming hours.

Xevy

Log Wizard
His "Build of the Week" build was defensively flimsy and he was a bit upset they chose that rather than the one he's playing right now. He didn't know they chose it until the morning before they posted it they told him they picked it.

His build right now has Petrified Blood and Inq regen to counter Petrified Bloods downside (degens). It's not the tankiest build possible, but it's no paper tank. Especially with bow/coc shenanigans you can just get life gained on hit/spell hit and you're not dying to anything besides Uber boss beams and slams. He already did several (maybe all?) uber bosses with it yesterday. Even did a deathless Feared all at once invitation.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I guess I put a little more emphasis on max hit taken. Either way, my main point is that Mathil is sometimes a poor showcase of Mathil builds. This is one of those times where his skill and knowledge of the fights is compensating for a weakness that stand-in-fire idiots like me will die repeatedly to.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I guess I put a little more emphasis on max hit taken. Either way, my main point is that Mathil is sometimes a poor showcase of Mathil builds. This is one of those times where his skill and knowledge of the fights is compensating for a weakness that stand-in-fire idiots like me will die repeatedly to.
Just cap your resist to 75 man...

1663880070227.png

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
His "Build of the Week" build was defensively flimsy and he was a bit upset they chose that rather than the one he's playing right now. He didn't know they chose it until the morning before they posted it they told him they picked it.

His build right now has Petrified Blood and Inq regen to counter Petrified Bloods downside (degens). It's not the tankiest build possible, but it's no paper tank. Especially with bow/coc shenanigans you can just get life gained on hit/spell hit and you're not dying to anything besides Uber boss beams and slams. He already did several (maybe all?) uber bosses with it yesterday. Even did a deathless Feared all at once invitation.

It's absolutely paper lmao. He has plenty of recovery but close to 0 mitigation. Build is softcore as fuck and will be oneshot city forever without significant defense reworks, but it's still a pretty baller idea.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's absolutely paper lmao. He has plenty of recovery but close to 0 mitigation. Build is softcore as fuck and will be oneshot city forever without significant defense reworks, but it's still a pretty baller idea.
Petrified Blood. Ailment Immunity. Determination. Molten Shell. Life gain on hit (spells and attacks) Vitality watcher's eye, and like 10% life regen per second.

It doesn't have Fortify/Suppression/Block, but it doesn't need them. If you think that's paper, I don't know what you're playing besides 100% suppression champs and max block Juggs. That's more than adequate for everything, but won't let you face roll Ubers.

In other news:

1663888748675.png

0 rips in double corrupt out of the 5 so far. Pretty lucky. Going to keep blasting them for a +3 or +4. Currently this one is worth something like 50 divs.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are any of those 6L ones you are done with worth 220ish chaos or less? I rolled up a skelly mage build to try it out as I didn't like it when I played it a few leagues back and wanted to try again.

Happy to buy one if they don't go for more than that

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
He's a ~20k phys max hit vs physical damage with default POB configs, and all of it is coming from armor, which means realistically his max phys hit is only like 8-10k. Just running determination and a granite flask is not exactly a beefy amount of mitigation. And this is all counting the petrified reduction.

I dunno what game you've been playing lately but those numbers mean you're gonna randomly explode every few maps when you get tagged by a big phys hit from whatever steel-infused rare monstrosity spawns.

The recovery is there for sure and probably feels great against degens and the like, but let's not kid ourselves and pretend he's relying on anything other than clearing from across the screen to not die.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Are any of those 6L ones you are done with worth 220ish chaos or less? I rolled up a skelly mage build to try it out as I didn't like it when I played it a few leagues back and wanted to try again.

Happy to buy one if they don't go for more than that
You can have one for free, I don't really need divines that much.

Also did a bunch of non-uber content with the build last night and can put a video together. PoB wise I'm at like 700k per skelly mage, but from kill times on bosses/conquerors with Vaal up its definitely in the 30m+ range. Ironically may be a great Uber Exarch farmer because skellies just cockblock the ball phase completely with their immunity and honestly that's the hardest part of the whole thing. Dissolution of Flesh is something you have to take off though because shit like Eater of Worlds beam during the ping pong ball phase just annihilated me instantly and Chimera's smoke dot also blasted me to death when I went 0 for 3 on finding him in the smoke. Did Sirus twice deathless and the first time I accidentally had GMP and Pierce in. Probably going to do Simulacram tomorrow with it and the real test will be whether or not I can mechanically handle the bosses before they find me and wreck me.

Still something like 30% more damage I can REASONABLY get and up to probably 100% more damage if I invested all my currency into it. It's a fucking A+ build for Lakes though as Mages can't die for 4 seconds and offscreen shit while I sit in my Specters prox shield eating uncrustables.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
You can have one for free, I don't really need divines that much.

Also did a bunch of non-uber content with the build last night and can put a video together. PoB wise I'm at like 700k per skelly mage, but from kill times on bosses/conquerors with Vaal up its definitely in the 30m+ range. Ironically may be a great Uber Exarch farmer because skellies just cockblock the ball phase completely with their immunity and honestly that's the hardest part of the whole thing. Dissolution of Flesh is something you have to take off though because shit like Eater of Worlds beam during the ping pong ball phase just annihilated me instantly and Chimera's smoke dot also blasted me to death when I went 0 for 3 on finding him in the smoke. Did Sirus twice deathless and the first time I accidentally had GMP and Pierce in. Probably going to do Simulacram tomorrow with it and the real test will be whether or not I can mechanically handle the bosses before they find me and wreck me.

Still something like 30% more damage I can REASONABLY get and up to probably 100% more damage if I invested all my currency into it. It's a fucking A+ build for Lakes though as Mages can't die for 4 seconds and offscreen shit while I sit in my Specters prox shield eating uncrustables.
Happy to kick in for one, chars name is gone boning and will be on and off most of today.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
A little thought experiment: how would you make Mathil's build tanky without compromising its core gameplay? I'm assuming elemental spell hits are the issue as you could patch up physical attack hits with some more armor and arctic armor.

Without a shield nor much right/bottom tree travel, spell suppression is seems impossible. Spell suppression aura wru?
Max elemental resist seems really hard as well without a shield. I guess you could do max chaos res and take 75% of elemental as chaos, but that takes a lot of cluster points.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea not a lot of great options.

Transcendence maybe and stack more armor? But I'm dubious you could get enough phys taken as ele trying to do that route.

Spend a billion divines on impossible escape for Imbalanced Guard and get max res there and from eater rolls on chest?

You may be right that Divine Flesh and a bunch of chaos res is the way to go. I bet you could do it with gear and the Asylum wheel but it wouldn't be cheap