Path of Exile

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So they made those melee weapons as rare as Headhunter/MB? Does their power increase justify that rarity?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So they made those melee weapons as rare as Headhunter/MB? Does their power increase justify that rarity?

well yes but actually no.jpg

I don't know anything about swinging a weapon I just like this picture. It does sum up some of the early sentiment.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
There's a couple standouts like voltaxic rift and voidforge that are likely extremely strong. No clue how rare they are actually gonna be though, as voidforge was already very rare, just not very good or popular.

Atziris disfavor is I think very interesting specifically for boneshatter. You already were very incentivized to use ashes for the quality boost, so getting 30% quality just from socketing it in the weapon frees up your neck to be something way more useful. Maybe pride auls?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
If i understood it right a Hexblast QoL buff even with a slight high end dmg nerf could be pretty cool.

Hexblast QoL was sadly DoA with a 1 second cast time with no way to sidestep it with triggers. So dumb.

Feels like this whole league will depend on wether or not the league mechanic works out or not.
Very slim pickings other than the league

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hexblast QoL was sadly DoA with a 1 second cast time with no way to sidestep it with triggers. So dumb.

Feels like this whole league will depend on wether or not the league mechanic works out or not.
Very slim pickings other than the league
Mines! Or, I guess you could do traps, but why would you?

Gonna flesh out a non-crit poison trickster once PoB is updated. That being said, the damage is not that much different from Forbidden Rite(on a 1 hp mine/trap) if you assume 6 projectiles hit. I don't know if there's actually anything new here. Gonna have to lean heavily into Impending Doom somehow.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mines! Or, I guess you could do traps, but why would you?

Gonna flesh out a non-crit poison trickster once PoB is updated. That being said, the damage is not that much different from Forbidden Rite(on a 1 hp mine/trap) if you assume 6 projectiles hit. I don't know if there's actually anything new here. Gonna have to lean heavily into Impending Doom somehow.

Does Blasphemy reapply the hex after it's removed by hexblast?
If you're doing traps/mines isn't seismic trap just better?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Does Blasphemy reapply the hex after it's removed by hexblast?
If you're doing traps/mines isn't seismic trap just better?
I don't think so. I still have to test some of the mechanics, there are some threads to pick through on POEBuilds subreddit too. But from what I've gleaned of others' testing is that Blasphemy will not be good enough due to the server tick rate. They've also stated that curse on hit will function just fine.

I think everyone talks up Seismic from the context of early league. When you can dump a whole bunch on a boss and run around like an idiot, yes, Seismic is better. From a sustained DPS standpoint...I have no clue. I can't figure out a sane model for Seismic. I haven't given it TOO much thought however because fuck trap arming time. Also, you're pigeon holed into Saboteur and I think other ascendancies have much more to offer.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I wonder if battlemage will work for the frost sentinels thing? I've got no idea how it's really going to work given it's a spell with the melee tag.

Marohi sounds like a good start with it though given it doesn't care about attack speed at all and it should be able to use the pulverize link no?

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wonder if battlemage will work for the frost sentinels thing? I've got no idea how it's really going to work given it's a spell with the melee tag.

Marohi sounds like a good start with it though given it doesn't care about attack speed at all and it should be able to use the pulverize link no?
Can't use battlemage or any other trigger for that matter.

Edit: Just realized you didn't say battlemage's CRY...my bad

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Marohi is a good start, though you have to deal with the accuracy penalty. Most Inquisitors that abuse Heatshiver will start with that but then drop it because wand/shield + inevitable judgment is usually better than marohi + battlemage. Buffed marohi might change that, but I don't think it was that close.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Marohi is a good start, though you have to deal with the accuracy penalty. Most Inquisitors that abuse Heatshiver will start with that but then drop it because wand/shield + inevitable judgment is usually better than marohi + battlemage. Buffed marohi might change that, but I don't think it was that close.

Maybe you don't need accuracy because spell? You probably need accuracy.

• 1Solidarity

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Ya, Marohi plus battlemage ascendancy point + crown of eyes might be a thing for Frozen Legion. Not battlemage's cry though.

Accuracy is the question, for sure. It seems to me that the way to do this kind of thing is basically an ele attack build but with cast speed subbed in for attack speed. Basically like an ice crash inquisitor build maybe?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Xevy Xevy Quick impression on the following - if I leaguestart Volcanic Fissue Totems am I going to have a bad time
Unsure. Was doing some math on them and they may be similar/potentially more damage than Conc path totems at the high end. HONESTLY I'm thinking of starting them as a Chieftain, but I may play SSF this league so I can't count on finding a Brutus Lead Sceptre (Str Stacking is top end for this type of build), but could also budget start with Facebreakers. Problem is you need to find flat phys which can be a problem unless you run petrified blood and bloodthirst as you'll potentially have big hp, but no weapon sockets can suck as you really need something in every slot available.

So basically:

-Yes if you Brutus Lead Sceptre. Go Chieftain OR maybe Cheftain/Hiero Ascendant with a Deadeye as a bonus 3rd late game with corrupted flesh.
-Maybe early game non-uber red map farmable with Facebreakers and some steel rings with essences/Petrfied blood and Bloodthirst support (for raw phys).
-Probably not with a badass stave/axe because Brutus Str Stacking just outcompetes after 1k strength. Possibly when you're rich, but money better spent on Str Stacking shit.

Conc path totems are really nice because they have conc ground for survivability of you AND them as well as auto targeting and zooming. This will be more like a traditional totem build with range capability. Kinda plop and hide and hope shit aggros them instead of you. Conc path totems took a lot of beatings for you, for better or worse.

I am curious whether with the attack speed you get with this build typically with conc totems (something like 3APS or almost 4 APS) what this will look like. It may be an amazing clearer because meatball spam everywhere, I'm just not sure how targetting is going to work AI-wise. If they can go a screens length that's huge, that's basically what Conc path totems did and this could sure be a really nice comfy build, but not nearly as zoomy as Conc path totems.

TL;DR Yes if you use Brutus Lead Sceptre and go Str stack. Maybe Facebreakers for starter. No to big weapon/unique weapon plans probably. Will be slightly slower than Conc Path totems but similar damage if not better with projectile shit later.

• 1Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think so. I still have to test some of the mechanics, there are some threads to pick through on POEBuilds subreddit too. But from what I've gleaned of others' testing is that Blasphemy will not be good enough due to the server tick rate. They've also stated that curse on hit will function just fine.

I think everyone talks up Seismic from the context of early league. When you can dump a whole bunch on a boss and run around like an idiot, yes, Seismic is better. From a sustained DPS standpoint...I have no clue. I can't figure out a sane model for Seismic. I haven't given it TOO much thought however because fuck trap arming time. Also, you're pigeon holed into Saboteur and I think other ascendancies have much more to offer.

Curse on hit doesn't work very well for Hexblast because the mapping is shit. Once you start one shotting the mobs with the initial hexblast hit, the curse never gets applied so there's no aoe explosion. Curse on hit works fine for stuff you don't kill in 1 hit but if you are doing mines/traps, plan for a blasphemy aura.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Curse on hit doesn't work very well for Hexblast because the mapping is shit. Once you start one shotting the mobs with the initial hexblast hit, the curse never gets applied so there's no aoe explosion. Curse on hit works fine for stuff you don't kill in 1 hit but if you are doing mines/traps, plan for a blasphemy aura.
It works with traps/mines because you allways throw more than 1

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Unideal because you need curse on hit for single target. And I'd rather not have to pay the mana reservation cost for blasphemy. I was also hoping to take advantage of Impending Doom, and since that would have to go on the blasphemied curse, that makes it even more expensive. Profane Proxy might be the best option here if you're running Skitterbots. Otherwise, Heretic's Veil?

There's also Asenath's Gentle Touch. Not sure how that works, is the curse still applied if you one-shot the target? If so, it would be non-explosion Hexblast(target dies, corpse cursed), non-explosion Hexblast(hopefully near cursed corpse), he goes poof, curses a bunch of enemies, explosion Hexblast. Sounds clunky, but with minefield support, might minimize that clunk.