Path of Exile

Xevy

Log Wizard
Any Reddit post that starts with "I've played X hours of PoE and here are my thoughts" are great for a laugh. PoE Reddit, as a whole, is more opinion than information and should be avoided if you're looking to actually understand or learn. It's mostly bemoaning and wishing from the have nots. It fucking sucks, but PoE Builds Reddit actually has information and interactions and stuff when leagues start so if you want to learn shit or ask questions that aren't about Chris's "Vision" or why we can't have an Auction House, I'd go there.

I'm not reading the Reddit the second the league starts. It's not worth the brain cells.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I'm going to league start the new volcanic fissure skill via totems. I might be in for a bad time but fuck it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
There's about an 85% chance I start them as well. I'll poopsock enough to let some of you normal humans know if it's real bad or not. Based on my quick math last night it should be like 50% more damage than Conc Path Totems which already fuck.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Have they said anywhere if you can have more than one volcano spitting projectiles, or is it gonna work like Sunder where attacking again cancels the first?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Have they said anywhere if you can have more than one volcano spitting projectiles, or is it gonna work like Sunder where attacking again cancels the first?
Seems unlikely it's limited to one seeing as how the vaal version video has multiple going at the same time, could be vaal only but doubt it.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Well if it's a complete and total disaster than psych I was actually Ice Spear Totems this whole time.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Well if it's a complete and total disaster than psych I was actually Ice Spear Totems this whole time.
Fun fact I once made a cold-to fire Ice Spear Totem build with a Chieftain back in, oh, maybe Harvest?

Don't do that. I didn't understand scaling ignite well enough to make it work, and probably still don't, but it did clear everything up until bosses (this was pre-conquerors maybe) back then.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I will be making the list and checking it twice on Friday

1670218522979.png

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's ok. I played around with it over the weekend and my conclusion is that for feel of play, Exsanguinate mines is still better. I suspect Hexblast, crit hit or non-crit poison, has higher dps potential.

The small range on Blasphemy has some anti synergy with mine playstyle. One of the advantages is that mines let you reach very far with throw then cast distances. And Blasphemy's limited AE curtails that. The player in the video is covering that up by also running curst on hit(required for single target anyway) and not one shotting the initial target, as Byr Byr mentioned.

And even then, it's still basically a pack killer. Especially since Hexblast will prioritize hexed targets, it is inherently limiting its map clear. A skill that can chain is forced by anti-shotgunning to pick unique targets, which has the side benefit of great map clear.

Whatever you do, don't look at the PoB in that youtube. It's squishy as fuck and makes some bad assumption wrt to mines.

Oh, right 30 mana cost is going to be brutal for reservation. I also suspect mana regen with replica conq gone. But lot of people are cheaping out and just using EB-MoM or Devouring Diadem to pay for mana costs at the sacrifice of a ton of defense.

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I was running a Blasphemy aura as part of my poison minion occultist and it got a whole lot better when I tossed on a megalomanic with

1670263484986.png

and something else I needed and it was a gigantic quality of life upgrade. I could see the same thing applying to those hex mines.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yep, you can get 50% on the tree as well. Windscream boots has a bunch of curse AE as well as curse limit.

I need PoB updated before I can make a sure judgment on the build. You might be able to paper over the mana and blasphemy issues, but I don't think you can fix Hexblast's target selection.

That said, maybe comparing everything to Exsanguinate is unfair.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
That's probably an exceptionally rare Uber boss only drop. The random element is cool, but it actually prevents you from scaling shit easily because you can only do general damage and %ele damage instead of favoring a single element like Inpulsas, or converting phys to whichever element you use like explodey chest. That combined with the new curse changes means that even ele weakness on big packs isn't doing much. And it can't crit so Inq isn't doing anything with. Definitely a nice QoL item, but still probably worse than any other source of explode.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'm still debating, as always, what to start with but I think I'm going to go with poison conc as I think if I recall its a good map clear and easy to get through the acts. Then eventually transition that into a boss killer while I build like a headhunter based cyclone with disfavor or something (lol @ +10 range).

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I'm still debating, as always, what to start with but I think I'm going to go with poison conc as I think if I recall its a good map clear and easy to get through the acts. Then eventually transition that into a boss killer while I build like a headhunter based cyclone with disfavor or something (lol @ +10 range).
Disfavor is for sure interesting now with the +quality on supports and the range. There's got to be some combination of skill gem + support shenanigans out there to abuse...