Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I wasn't planning on it but Rog gave me this thing before bed last night and now I feel like I have to

Even with just a multimod it's like ~850 ele dps, so I may just do that

I sold the base uncrafted for 20 divines to some venom gyre nerd

We back to axes and fissure for sure now

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider

Damn, how does PoE manage to create such a good game? This is truly innovative shit right here! Being given literally zero clue as to wtf is even going on and dying to who the fuck even knows what is truly the next level of gaming.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Ding!
Reactions: 4 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I reinstalled and thought about trying out the league. But so far seems like a lot of people are "just skip it" at least for now.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Ziz dies to rippy Map Mods, news at 11!
It's not really that. It's the fact that there is zero indication as to wtf is even going on or wtf even killed him. Not to mention that everything else is pretty much a joke to clear and then it goes from 0-100 instantly. Dog shit gameplay and game design.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
1681252852382.png

+Pathfinder
+
1681252895377.png

Omega Crucible unique boss (every map mod applies to it!) and he has 0 defenses because his defenses are 100% of his utility. Add in that -10 Max Res and the cold AND fire he's taking (it's a phys/cold based boss) and he died. No one who ever played HC is surprised. Steelmage saw it and goes "Why is he doing that? WHY IS HE FULL JUICING IT?" and the clip doesn't show it but Ziz says "I'll probably die to this" right before he does it.

This is why people who love the game don't play HC anymore. Because this happens. MOST of the time if you can read it's preventable, but sometimes it's not. Dumpstering a whole character because you got 20% too cocky isn't for me anymore.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
There any good melee Raider builds now? Seems like Lightning Strike got the nerf bat. Really enjoyed it a few leagues ago.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Is there even a point to continuously interact with Crucible league once you've filled out a solid passive tree on a weapon? At least with Sanctum and others it usually dropped a fuckload of currency, but with the mobs not dropping fuckall, what's even the point once I have a solid passive on my weapon(s)?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Is there even a point to continuously interact with Crucible league once you've filled out a solid passive tree on a weapon? At least with Sanctum and others it usually dropped a fuckload of currency, but with the mobs not dropping fuckall, what's even the point once I have a solid passive on my weapon(s)?

To embrace your inner 1%'er and suffer hundreds of hours at the mercy of the RNG gods going for the perfect crucible tree.

Pretty cool right?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
There any good melee Raider builds now? Seems like Lightning Strike got the nerf bat. Really enjoyed it a few leagues ago.

Frost blades is extremely meta right now, tho is more popular on Trickster, but no reason a Raider wouldn't work.

I'm pretty sure molten strike is 100% busted and would also be very good on a raider, or if you wanna be an omega hipster go volcanic fissure and use an axe

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?

If you wanna be ultra lazy about it just reveal the tree on a random good base (siege axe/ezomyte axe/imperial claw/spine bow/thicket bow, etc etc) and throw it in a dump tab for 1 divine and let other people decide if the trees are any good. I've sold 3 weapons for a divine like this with them just sitting in a quad tab waiting for someone looking for exactly the right thing to find it randomly.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Frost blades is extremely meta right now, tho is more popular on Trickster, but no reason a Raider wouldn't work.

I'm pretty sure molten strike is 100% busted and would also be very good on a raider, or if you wanna be an omega hipster go volcanic fissure and use an axe
Have you played around with it? I'm not sure how to model the return hits on molten strike. They look to bounce in place, but I quite commonly get different stacks of self poison for the first and second bounces. This is on a stationary target.

That said, if vengeant cascade just makes the meatballs bounce in place, is it any more busted than most other projectile attacks? Splitting steel seems to be the only truly broken skill.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Have you played around with it? I'm not sure how to model the return hits on molten strike. They look to bounce in place, but I quite commonly get different stacks of self poison for the first and second bounces. This is on a stationary target.

That said, if vengeant cascade just makes the meatballs bounce in place, is it any more busted than most other projectile attacks? Splitting steel seems to be the only truly broken skill.

I fucked about with it in standard some but it's gonna be real hard to accurately tell how many of them are gonna hit on the return bounce.

Molten strike they do make an effort to move back to the original strike location, but it's...half hearted sometimes? Like they move in weird ways and often don't travel as far as I'd like them to. Maybe just running something like increased AOE in the link to get bigger ball areas is the best way to ensure the maximum of them hit after their return bounce. Interestingly if you have an additional strike the balls produced from it attempt to return to your primary strike location, which seems odd but also potentially good? But I'm not sure how you'd set up getting 2 strikes out vs a boss anymore cause I think they nerfed all the ways you could do that.

Fissure on the other hand does appear to just bounce entirely in place. They land and bounce directly up and back down and explode again. The good news though is the fissure balls (at least visually) have much larger AE than the molten strike ones, so even without them moving they should be relatively reliable in hitting twice.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I know a bunch of you like autobomber type shit, apparently saqawals is pretty nuts now with crucible weapon trees providing reduced duration

• 2Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 2 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I fucked about with it in standard some but it's gonna be real hard to accurately tell how many of them are gonna hit on the return bounce.

Molten strike they do make an effort to move back to the original strike location, but it's...half hearted sometimes? Like they move in weird ways and often don't travel as far as I'd like them to. Maybe just running something like increased AOE in the link to get bigger ball areas is the best way to ensure the maximum of them hit after their return bounce. Interestingly if you have an additional strike the balls produced from it attempt to return to your primary strike location, which seems odd but also potentially good? But I'm not sure how you'd set up getting 2 strikes out vs a boss anymore cause I think they nerfed all the ways you could do that.

Fissure on the other hand does appear to just bounce entirely in place. They land and bounce directly up and back down and explode again. The good news though is the fissure balls (at least visually) have much larger AE than the molten strike ones, so even without them moving they should be relatively reliable in hitting twice.
You can't scale AE, that affects how far they bounce. Slower proj speed is usually the only way bunch them up better.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Looks like the league is probably gonna be over now. A group of players got close to 8000 divs doing this technique. No telling how many more people are doing this too.

• 1Mother of God