Path of Exile

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I'm not sure how you are defending a league mechanic that feels like synth crafting without juiced synth tiles. Synth crafting was also amazing for the few people that did it. The league needs something rewarding in maps.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Feeling pretty indifferent to the league overall. Might try a new build, might just call it a wash and do something else.

Unlocked my atlas and got most of my favored map slots and just feel like I can't be bothered to continue. The league mechanic just isn't very compelling.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Yeah it sounded so awesome at the presentation but the actual process and how it played out is kinda meh, sadly.

• 1Dislike

elidib

Vyemm Raider

3.21.0c Patch Notes

This patch disables lower-tier Crucible Passives that have downsides from rolling, and contains updates to the Crucible Forge user interface, as well as a number of other improvements and bug fixes.

Crucible Changes

• Added an indicator to the Crucible Forge user interface which displays the relative difficulty for the amount of channelling you have done, and how close you are to fully-channelling the encounter.
  • Disabled most of the lower-tier Crucible Passives that have downsides on the initial skill from rolling. Initial skills with downsides are far less common and can generally only roll in the endgame. When an initial skill does come with a downside, the upside should outweigh the downside.
  • The Crucible Passive that granted Weapon Elemental Damage and cannot Inflict Elemental Ailments can no longer roll.
  • Unique Items obtained by selling an item with a Crucible Passive Tree now come with their own Crucible Passive Tree, with the first skill allocated.
  • Updated the explode visuals for the Crucible Passive Tree skill that causes Totems to Explode on Death to be more appropriate.
General Improvements

• The Caster Passive Skill Mastery which provides a chance to open nearby Chests when you Cast a Spell no longer opens Curio Displays in Heist.
  • The Heist Locker Hideout decoration is now unlocked when you first visit the Rogue Harbour in a League, rather than upon completing The Rogue Harbour quest.
  • The "Flasks you Use apply to Linked Targets" modifier on the Ceinture of Benevolence Unique Belt has been re-enabled, it now only applies to Non-Unique Utility Flasks you Use. We've also enabled this Belt to drop again.
  • Updated an Armour Passive Skill Mastery description to clarify it provides maximum Elemental Resistances if Equipped Helmet, Body Armour, Gloves, and Boots all have Armour (previously stated maximum Resistances).
  • Updated the description of the Spreading Strength Challenge to clarify it is completed upon fully allocating Crucible Passive Skill Trees on items with specific maximum depths.
  • Improved the Crucible Forge and Crucible Passive Tree user interfaces for Controller Input mode.
Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug where some Crucible Passives that allow you to sell the item in exchange for a Unique Item were instead rewarding a Rare Item.
  • Fixed a bug where vendoring an item with a Crucible Passive Tree could interrupt expected vendor recipes.
  • Fixed a bug where Corrupted Items could not be combined at the Forge of the Titans in areas opened from Primordial Remnants.
  • Fixed a bug where the Forged Warrior Crucible Monster was dealing more damage than intended with their Geyser skill.
  • Fixed some instances where the tooltip for Crucible passives which allocate a Passive Skill Tree Notable could extend off-screen.
  • Fixed a bug where the "Armour from Equipped Body Armour is doubled" stat from the Juggernaut's Unbreakable Ascendancy Passive Skill was incorrectly applying a 100% increase instead.
  • Fixed a bug where the "Armour from Equipped Body Armour is doubled" stat was not doubling Evasion from your Body Armour when the Iron Reflexes Keystone Passive Skill was allocated.
  • Fixed a bug where the "increased Armour against Projectiles" modifier did not interact correctly with sources of base Armour or other modifiers, including the Juggernaut's Unbreakable Ascendancy Passive Skill.
  • Fixed a bug where Vaal Domination was not taking rarity into account when choosing which Sentinel to Ascend.
  • Fixed a bug where the stat on Phantasmal Lightning Tendrils that causes stronger pulses to deal more Damage with Hits and Ailments was not functioning correctly.
  • Fixed a bug where Explorer's Scouting Reports were not rerolling Kirac's Atlas Missions correctly.
  • Fixed a bug where the Bestiary Blood Altar user interface would never load in Controller Input mode.
  • Fixed a bug where dynamic culling for Rage Vortex was too aggressive.
  • Fixed a bug where searching for Maps on the Bulk Item Exchange section of the Path of Exile: Trade website was not working correctly.
  • Fixed a bug where skill effect microtransactions could not be applied to skills granted by unique items that do not have a skill gem.
  • Fixed a bug where part of the Lithomancer's Body Armour was missing on all classes except the Witch.
  • Fixed a bug with the visuals of the Harlequin Portal Effect microtransaction.
  • Fixed an instance crash.
  • Fixed a client crash.
Apr 12, 2023 7:40 PM (MST) - Later today, we will be releasing Patch 3.21.0c which includes the visual update to Crucible's UI mentioned in Day 4, as well as several bug fixes and improvements. Check out the patch notes below!

Please note that these are still subject to change prior to the patch's deployment. The 3.21.0c update on consoles will be deployed as soon as possible after its release on PC.

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I was thinking about it this morning, and the reason this league is a bust for a normie scrub player like me is because once you have completed your equipment, the league is kinda/sorta done for you.

Remember when people went apeshit when you had to use inventory space for NETS? Now in order to use the league you kinda have to carry extra inventory. And then either craft something better than what you are using or, god forbid, sell it.

So if I want to ideally use the league mechanic I need to carry another bow in my inventory. In order to get currency of any sort, I need to find it in the tree, and keep carrying that thing around with me. Or portal back and forth, you know the drill.

It is just so inconvenient and..........small? The league mechanic is small for the average player. Basically non-existent.

I dunno, that wasn't very coherent.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
It’s dumb and they should let you use a weapon from your stash at the forge. There’s many other cases where you can access your stash already in game like with old harvest or lab crafts

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
League hasn't been this cumbersome since nets. Looked good on paper but just doesn't feel great. The rewards are definitely there buts it better to just buy bases then make your own

• 2Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Nugi's idea of 1-3 scourge slots for items to cook would definitely mitigate a lot of tedium. I really hope they give in to it, and they already may have but just need their UI people to code that shit back in.

Chris

Potato del Grande
The "choose your difficulty" thing just doesn't work.

At the start of the game you just die, it's not clear how much item exp you are getting and easy/medium seems to give almost nothing. Then you can just zerg the enemies down by dying over and over again and still complete the encounter.

I think there needs to be one difficulty, maybe enemies spawn in waves with a timer for each wave until you've either retreated or completed it.

It would also be nice to have an incentive for doing it if you are happy with your current weapon and it's finished. Maybe storing earned exp for the next item?

I like the idea of item skill trees, early game a lot of then are just underwhelming or have unwelcome drawbacks that brick your weapon. They should have standard trees for each weapon base, maybe varying in element, with a few random nodes being added on the end.

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Volcanic fissure finally start to look like a real build.

Still got some big stuff I need to fix, namely a much better axe and getting a lethal pride. It's also very likely using a large cluster is superior to my current tree but I haven't sat down yet to try and figure it out. Potentially yoke of suffering as well, cause my amulet isn't exactly spectacular, but we'll see how far I actually want to try and take this.

Sadly I'm also fairly convinced fissure is just worse than molten strike, even with it getting 2 additional projectiles. Not having to get extra strikes and axes giving free rage is nice at least though.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
At 8 molten strike meatballs, the 2 extra volcanic fissure meatballs are equal. Then MS scales harder.

I'd say the biggest downside to volcanic fissure is no swords or claws.

Travel time on the fissure and meatballs ain't great either.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea axes really are a big problem. The two wheels by duelist are very meh, and there's not much in the way of crit scaling options. Rage mastery is convenient but rage can be gotten elsewhere, and axe bases themselves don't even have sweet implicits like swords/claws do.

About the only thing going for axes is no one gives a fuck about them and fractured bases to craft with are like 5 chaos each.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It is just so inconvenient and..........small? The league mechanic is small for the average player. Basically non-existent.
Pretty much this. I'm not really a 1%er, more of a Casual Andy when it comes to this game. I pretty much completely ignore the league mechanic. There's almost zero reason to interact with it. Unless you want to constantly "gamble" bases, but even that requires the bases pop out halfway decent stats.

Each crucible needs to spit out "filler" currency/items, similar to how Alva does after reach incursion. There has to be a constant reason to at least fuck with the league mechanic, even if you aren't gambling bases just to sell. This is the first league I can ever remember playing where there wasn't a constant need/want to interact with it. Even Sanctum felt like you were at least progressing toward a loot explosion, even if it didn't happen on your current room. Crucible is just...there?

Luckily the base game is in such a solid state that I don't think it has been a massive issue, but this is definitely the most boring league mechanic I've ever played and I've been playing off and on since Breach.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
They need to occasionally have mobs drop items with crucible trees already on them, to atleast motivate people to use the system in case they happen to drop a good one. As it is it’s not worth it to unlock a tree since 90% of the time it won’t be something worth pursuing, and you just wasted time you could have been napping

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Agree with base game being in a great place. There’s so much flexibility with how you want to customize your end game that I already have a bunch of things I’m considering that I haven’t done before. It’s really the strongest point of this game, unlike most games you never reach a point where you’re just like ‘well now what’

Goonsquad Officer
My problem with the crucible is that my stage (act 8?) I can ace the crucible but on 100 percent, the lightning orb at the end takes longer to kill than the whole rest of the map combined

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does anyone else have to login to POE trade every day? Not a huge deal since I have my info saved in my browser but I'm wondering if Igor is trying to login from Serbia.