Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
They wouldn't end the league, it would ruin the exciting and highly competitive boss kill race.

The economy has been fucked by massive inflation before. Heist could have been renamed Currency Devaluation. I doubt they'll do anything that drastic but it eyerolling at this point how often split/fracture fucks shit up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Does it actually work consistently? The pictures seem to suggest so but don't you run the risk on step 2 and 4 of losing the divine/double node/s?
Atleast the couple of times i've tried to forge 2 weapons together i've ended up with some random crap.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It doesn't work consistently, you're still gambling that the passive merge will retain the divines/double sell value nodes that you want every time you merge them.

This is just gambling on doubling your div cards but with extra steps and smaller investment - people are blowing it way out of proportion. It probably has better odds of working than the div card doubling ever did, but at ~6 divines payout per weapon minus the cost of split and imprint beasts I really can't see this moving the needle in any meaningful way once you account for failed merges etc.

Edit: After thinking about it a while longer this is just a bigger fool scam run by some trade cabal someplace - buy up and hoard every split beast/weapon tree with 3 divines on it, coordinate a few reddit posts about CURRENCY PRINTER IS HERE BOYS, record a small sample of a tree merge succeeding, then sell all your 3 divine weapon trees for 20+ divines to fucking idiots that read reddit and want to be EARLY ADOPTERS OF THE NEW HOT MONEY MAKING STRATEGY

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The weighting for allocated passives does exist yea, but it's not anywhere close to a guarantee and also adds the additional step of 'do 6-10 maps to fill out the passives you want to keep' between each merge/split.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The weighting for allocated passives does exist yea, but it's not anywhere close to a guarantee and also adds the additional step of 'do 6-10 maps to fill out the passives you want to keep' between each merge/split.
To be fair though if it's more than 50%, given a large enough amount of currency to gamble, you would come out on top as long as you can keep getting fodders right? Which means it might still be fucked even if you do lose your stuff every now and then, as long as you can just restart and keep making money.

It is quite possibly some organized scam too as that happens somewhat often, but it seems a bit early for that? Surely they haven't secured that many bases in only a week? Seems like it'd have been better to wait a couple more weeks to really buy out everything to flip, but don't know maybe they felt they had enough.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
To be fair though if it's more than 50%, given a large enough amount of currency to gamble, you would come out on top as long as you can keep getting fodders right? Which means it might still be fucked even if you do lose your stuff every now and then, as long as you can just restart and keep making money.

It is quite possibly some organized scam too as that happens somewhat often, but it seems a bit early for that? Surely they haven't secured that many bases in only a week? Seems like it'd have been better to wait a couple more weeks to really buy out everything to flip, but don't know maybe they felt they had enough.

If we're generous and give it a 75% chance to keep allocated nodes (it's not that high) you still have to factor in the split beast cost + magic imprints to hedge against failure and plus the time it takes to fill the passive trees to the desired nodes after every merge/split, which is a significant amount of time depending how deep in to the tree they are and if you have a build capable of even killing fully charged crucibles.

I bet over a long enough timeline it's definitely profitable, but you'd need to be pretty lucky on the merges for it to be more profitable than just playing the game in terms of profit/hour

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Seems like a useful strategy to try and get the perfect crucible trees either way, even without the money printing aspect.

Khane

If we're generous and give it a 75% chance to keep allocated nodes (it's not that high) you still have to factor in the split beast cost + magic imprints to hedge against failure and plus the time it takes to fill the passive trees to the desired nodes after every merge/split, which is a significant amount of time depending how deep in to the tree they are and if you have a build capable of even killing fully charged crucibles.

I bet over a long enough timeline it's definitely profitable, but you'd need to be pretty lucky on the merges for it to be more profitable than just playing the game in terms of profit/hour

You can't restore an imprint onto a split base and you can't imprint split bases correct? I'm fuzzy on that one.

It apparently has a high enough chance to be reliable unless people are lying (which would be shocking on the internet!)

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You can't restore an imprint onto a split base and you can't imprint split bases correct? I'm fuzzy on that one.

It apparently has a high enough chance to be reliable unless people are lying (which would be shocking on the internet!)

The one thing that is actually kind of cool/possibly not intended here is if you melt a split base to merge the tree on to another base it does not retain the split tag.

So you have a 6 divine base then split it in to two 6 divine bases, you then merge both of those trees on a to a fresh/unsplit base and potentially now have 2 bases worth 6 divine each which can then each be split in to 4 bases etc. This obviously requires some luck on the tree merges, but it does have the potential to propagate out in to a bunch more bases you can then work with.

Khane

The one thing that is actually kind of cool/possibly not intended here is if you melt a split base to merge the tree on to another base it does not retain the split tag.

So you have a 6 divine base then split it in to two 6 divine bases, you then merge both of those trees on a to a fresh/unsplit base and potentially now have 2 bases worth 6 divine each which can then each be split in to 4 bases etc. This obviously requires some luck on the tree merges, but it does have the potential to propagate out in to a bunch more bases you can then work with.

Thats what these people are doing. Split -> Merge Both -> Split again -> Potentially merge 4 etc etc etc

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I would hope they ave internal tracking tools for the amounts of coinage being gained and farmed, etc... and if they even hinted ata whiff of some exploit they would be tracking it down and squashing it quick fast in a hurry. But then again this is GGG and IDK if they have shit like this and real time monitoring.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
View attachment 468598

+Pathfinder
+View attachment 468599

Omega Crucible unique boss (every map mod applies to it!) and he has 0 defenses because his defenses are 100% of his utility. Add in that -10 Max Res and the cold AND fire he's taking (it's a phys/cold based boss) and he died. No one who ever played HC is surprised. Steelmage saw it and goes "Why is he doing that? WHY IS HE FULL JUICING IT?" and the clip doesn't show it but Ziz says "I'll probably die to this" right before he does it.

This is why people who love the game don't play HC anymore. Because this happens. MOST of the time if you can read it's preventable, but sometimes it's not. Dumpstering a whole character because you got 20% too cocky isn't for me anymore.

Even Last Epoch has SOME amount of death readout

It's literally a miniscule thing to add a display to the screen and they won't do it

Xevy

Log Wizard
I actually had both a "items sell for twice as much" and "item sells for a divine" shields yesterday. I just did the divine and vendored it because I couldn't be fucked. They'll definitely fix it, I'm guessing making the split interaction prevent sellable nodes from reappearing or merging or something would be the best fit. Definitely fucked, but not exactly as FREE MONEY HERE as Reddit would have you believe. I no doubt some conglomerates were fucking knocking that shit out nonstop for the last day or two though. Scumbag Empyrian level shit. Sucks, but it's part of the game until hopefully it's not.

We should get a "we're going to do x and y soon!" post pretty soon here hopefully. I'm hoping they allow you to remove a unique weapon/shields crucible and get a random one via another forge/furnace. That would solve a lot of the frustration with uniques, especially expensive ones, and crucible passives. People want the old bugged way of slamming a rare of the same base onto the unique, but that's a bit much for some shit. You need the friction and the gamba on some of this stuff, they just need to mitigate the pain of failure rather everything being a binary all or nothing type situation for 5+ divine items. That said they do need to do SOMETHING or else scour orbs are going to become the new chaos soon with people omega forging rare bases then chancing them into respective uniques, which even only works for non boss-dropped uniques so shit like starforge/voidforge can't be chanced so those are a very big gamba right now.

Oh and one of the BEST QoL's they could do, which I'm guessing they will, is make it so you ALLOCATE the first passive and it's not automatic. Getting cannot inflict ailments or reduced attack speed on node one feels fucking bad, and if they give you the choice to allocate or not that'd make a lot of people much, much happier.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You can scour the passives already at the crucible in a map, the whole 'i bricked my build with crucible' thing is made up by reddit brainlets

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
That's the whole point though? Is removing the trees and getting a new one, or merging meh trees, etc.

Like the actual forge in maps is only the first third or so of the actual mechanic.

I will say tho this league is really, really heavily weighted towards the high end. You really need to be doing red maps before you see any appreciable amount of forges to run and really start getting in to the juicy tree possibilities.

Goonsquad Officer
Is there even a point to continuously interact with Crucible league once you've filled out a solid passive tree on a weapon? At least with Sanctum and others it usually dropped a fuckload of currency, but with the mobs not dropping fuckall, what's even the point once I have a solid passive on my weapon(s)?
I think of them as spectre refresh stations

Xevy

Log Wizard
I will say tho this league is really, really heavily weighted towards the high end. You really need to be doing red maps before you see any appreciable amount of forges to run and really start getting in to the juicy tree possibilities.
Hence Reddit complaining about a mechanic none of them are fully experiencing because it wasn't Ultimatum levels of rewarding at the low end. Classic morons.