Path of Exile

Xevy

Log Wizard
Here's my hottest take:

They should add an offline mode that people can Hex edit and cheat in so I don't have to hear about how the game some one else made isn't tailor made to everyone's exact specifications every league. I'd advocate for that.

• 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
However anyone who says "I'm may as well be playing standard!" better be running around with no crucible trees on or they can go back to the group cum-swap on Reddit where they belong.

I've got one node on my shield that does nothing and one node on my weapon that might be slightly detrimental. I'm living the casual dream.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I'm enjoying this season because I'm playing a new (to me) and interesting build that is working amazingly well. I'm living in Delve which has always been my favourite mechanic in PoE.
I haven't touched a crucible forge since around act 8 when i finished the very uninteresting 3 passive tree on my rare wand. I'm using an artifact shield which has no Crucible tree because apparently you "can't crucible that item here" and the mechanic is so boring that I haven't bothered looking in to what I have to do to make it work on artifacts.

I do miss sanctum which was an excellent league mechanic.

• 1Solidarity

Xevy

Log Wizard
Two rares! One was a gift however and is genuinely good.
Well you should probably search through some other bases of those types (shields can be ANY shield, Es/evasion/armour/hybrid) and then unlock a potentially GOOD Crucible tree (you don't have to full juice it every time, but do get the first node on new bases) and then when you get a forge you can run you can merge the shit item with the good tree onto your good item with a shit tree for pure gain. You're leaving a lot of potential power on the table by not doing this even if you don't do it at max charge every time and do it leisurely. Again the forge will not change the base stats of your actual item so you have 0 to lose and so much to gain.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The issue with the mechanic is that using it on items you've already found/crafted and want to equip is a nightmare and mostly a waste of time.

The only real beneficial way to use crucible is to make crafting bases, and even that is propped up entirely by the continued existence of imprint/splint beasts.

It takes roughly 30 maps to level an item all the way to a tier 5 node in t16 maps with full charges. The time investment is gigantic, and then to do what with it? Smash it together and pray for a result that isn't ass? The weighting for allocated nodes vs not is barely above 50/50, so trying to run crucibles during your mapping to try and improve your weapon/shield is just pure misery and will likely never actually get you anything you want.

The best use I can think of for it is just be working on a base for your next build I guess? Or just spam bows or steel kite shields forever hoping to win the lottery on totem explode node or a crazy emperors vigilance tree? But dear god it takes so much time to interact with it between charging + killing all the mobs it just absolutely does not feel worth doing.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So take my axe for example. I'm lucky to have this thing in the first place, and crafting a similar weapon is likely to cost more money than I'll have available all league.

I've merged the tree on this thing 25? 30? times now, and every single time it's come out a complete unusable mess. I'm at a point now where I'm pretty sure I just keep 2 nodes like this forever, because the risk of the tree mutating/coming out as 1 node/bricking my crit etc etc is so fucking high on every merge that it is no longer worth interacting with

Edit: I merged it again cause i'm an idiot, it kept neither of the two nodes I had allocated in this screenshot. Nice league

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Rustled

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Here's my hottest take:

They should add an offline mode that people can Hex edit and cheat in so I don't have to hear about how the game some one else made isn't tailor made to everyone's exact specifications every league. I'd advocate for that.

When you make a ridiculous take like this no one will take you seriously. I'm going to take your unserious take, and come back with a reasonable one. Just a quote from Chris Wilson that he said himself with the emphasis mine.

It's just yet again, Chris Wilson, and GGG telling the player base one thing and doing another. Then people like you make these asinine, stupid as fuck trolly arguments when we call out past statements. Why should anyone believe them moving forward?

Crucible mobs are not rewarding and the content in general isn't rewarding. It's slow and unfun.

Philosophy Three: There shouldn't be a large gap between the difficulty and rewards of league content and base game content

Monsters added in leagues are more difficult to kill and drop better items than regular ones encountered in the base game. When those leagues become core, these properties carry across, creating two tiers of content, with one far more rewarding than the other.

We feel it's good for league content to be harder than the base game, and therefore more rewarding. But the difference should be approximately twice as rewarding. If the gap were any larger, then it would be less efficient to kill regular monsters and a player should spend all of their time focusing on repeating a small subset of content.

With those philosophies established, let's have a look at some changes we made in 3.19, and then examine what went wrong and what we're doing to address it in the future.

In line with Philosophy Three, we rebalanced league monsters so that they were twice as rewarding as regular monsters and didn't have these existing bonuses. To be clear, the bonuses were inconsistent and arbitrary. For example, Yellow beasts dropped more items than Red beasts. Incursion monsters didn't have any Increased Quantity, just increased Rarity, but Harvest monsters had both. This change was not mentioned in the patch notes.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
When you make a ridiculous take like this no one will take you seriously. I'm going to take your unserious take, and come back with a reasonable one. Just a quote from Chris Wilson that he said himself with the emphasis mine.

It's just yet again, Chris Wilson, and GGG telling the player base one thing and doing another. Then people like you make these asinine, stupid as fuck trolly arguments when we call out past statements. Why should anyone believe them moving forward?

Crucible mobs are not rewarding and the content in general isn't rewarding. It's slow and unfun.

when did anyone take him seriously, when it comes to poe or anything else? he's always been an almighty douche

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
So what's a safe and sane way to do these crucible duders for ruthless? Sounds like it one shots people even on ez mode.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
They should realistically allow crucibles to shit out specific node allocators, IE "Increased attack speed by X, reduced damage by Y, must be slotted into a t4 or higher node" and make them tradeable.

People can build their own weapon trees based on what they want to do and it'd be fun as hell.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
How do you merge crucible trees?
The crucible mobs in maps drop Igneous Geodes, you crack those open to find the league "map" called primeval remnants and thats where you can merge trees at an altar at the end of the map. You can buy these on the trade site.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Some of the nodes are insanely powerful and build enabling or completely change the way you gear.

I have a well crafted bow I am using on my Lightning Arrow raider that got Aspect of the Eagle for T2 and 120 Int for T3. That Int is huge on a dex based character. It allows me to completely change my gear. This is awesome.

The problem is, the RNG is so wacky on the combines that I am actually afraid to try to merge another tree with good T4/T5 nodes onto it because if I lose that Int node I have to recraft a bunch of my gear to use my gems. That feels absolutely terrible.

I am not interacting with the league mechanic at all with that bow. As has been mentioned by other people here I am going to try to merge trees onto another base and then spend the countless divs it will require to try and recraft a high end bow. Not a great game and gear interaction at all.