Path of Exile

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Once poe2 drops I’m back on this dopamine engine. That trailer looked pretty awesome.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Chris said something to the effect of not scheduling anything after Exilecon as you're going to want to play immediately. Play what immediately?

PoE2?
PoE2 open beta?
3.22 Cruciboogaloo?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Chris said something to the effect of not scheduling anything after Exilecon as you're going to want to play immediately. Play what immediately?

PoE2?
PoE2 open beta?
3.22 Cruciboogaloo?
Don't think they'd launch poe2 without any big promotional tour and all that shit. Poe2 beta sounds more likely, but also crucible is ending around that same time supposedly, are they gonna cannibalize the next league by having poe2 beta running at the same time? Are they just gonna be like "no league for a month but you can play poe2"? That'd make some sense actually, instead of end of league/filler race events and what not, just poe2 beta. Or they push poe2 beta live and call it the new league? Like not all poe2 changes, just some stuff, new engine and what not, and then slap a basic ass league mech on top.

Anyway haven't played poe in like 2years so I'm ready for that poe2 shit if it's finally ready.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Big changes to socketing and linking. Something about you link your gem not your item? Could be getting this completely wrong.

They'll probably fundamentally slow down the game. Which isn't necessarily bad, but they have to be super careful. Don't want another Marvel Heroes fiasco.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Is it a completely different game/build, or just an update to the original?

it's an expansion, can't believe so many people around here let em get away with the poe2 thing cause they're changing the campaign and how skills are skilled ect

it's the same game

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Tbf it's a new graphic engine with new character models/animations. A bunch of new ascendancy classes and new shit like shapeshifting as well.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
it's an expansion, can't believe so many people around here let em get away with the poe2 thing cause they're changing the campaign and how skills are skilled ect

it's the same game
How is what you said not grounds for a sequel? New campaign, new abilities, classes, and fundamental shift of their gear system. Oh and a new engine.

The fuck more do you want?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
How is what you said not grounds for a sequel? New campaign, new abilities, classes, and fundamental shift of their gear system. Oh and a new engine.

Animated GIF

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If they pitch the existing link/socket system in to the sun I'm fine with them calling it a new game.

• 2Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its because Chris Wolcen cant let old content go for some reason, so POE2 gets baked into POE1 so he can still have all that content not go to waste. Instead of just a fresh start and a new game.

BTW my thought? They release this thing right away, no beta, none of that shit. My guess is we will be playing POE2 right after announce. Diablo4 is like the best advertisement for this game. And GGG is still best ARPG maker by far. Especially after like a few weeks of Diablo and peeps getting bored of it, here comes GGG with the savior.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Didn’t Chris reference the EQ/EQ2 playerbase split?

I do think that might be their worst decision. If it remains that either campaign is viable to maps, there will be an optimum and the arpg community will do exactly that in perpetuity even if it’s the campaign that’s 8 years old.

• 2Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its because Chris Wolcen cant let old content go for some reason, so POE2 gets baked into POE1 so he can still have all that content not go to waste. Instead of just a fresh start and a new game.
I get this argument.

Still when people say it shouldn't be called 2, for some reason it makes it feel like it's in the same category as Overwatch 2, which REALLY is not a 2.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

Is it a new engine? I always thought it was "engine improvements". If it's a whole new engine i'm fine with calling it a sequel, if not it's just a large expansion to me.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
If they pitch the existing link/socket system in to the sun I'm fine with them calling it a new game.
It's literally the same except you spam your fusings on gems instead of armor/weapon pieces as far as I have heard.

Also inb4 poe2 drops with about as much content etc. as d4 and all the blizz haters try to justify how it's somehow way more amazing because reasons.