Path of Exile

Xevy

Log Wizard
The only way PoE2 disappoints me is if it cripples something that made the game the way it is. Can't think of anything off the top of my head, but smart rolling items in more than few specific instances would make it feel like Last Epoch to me which was a Hex Editor item system. I'm cool with boss/Uber bosses dropping smart rolled or smart rolling higher tiers with higher ilvl bases like they did with the best base types, but if every item starts dropping D3 style high rolled that's going to turn the 3-4 weeks I've been getting the last 4-5 leagues into 2 weeks and that'd suck.

I pretty much just look at it as a DLC and some new ascendancies/QoL. Kinda more PoE 4.0 than PoE 2. Whatever, I'm sure Reddit will hate it for 2 weeks (huge QoL problems and bugs withstanding) until they understand it and then love it and talk about how it was the greatest league since *checks notes* Ah, we're on "Sentinel" league is the greatest now. Of course.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
But sentinel was fun! And I hate crafting. Gathering the largest pack you could manage for your pandemonium sentinel was fun. Felt like Javazons in D2 cow level.

I don't think Reddit ever came around on Crucible. And rightly so. Half assed league.

What are you going to do without Reddit to hate on?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've cut down my Reddit time to like 1-5 viewings for the first month. I was enjoying PoEBuilds Reddit, but it became swarmed with "How do I fix my RF build" and "I have 160 divines, what build is good to make?" posts. Sucks because there was some great info and builds there.

Crucible had immense power, not even talking about the dumb totem build, but it was just so clunky. I've got to believe they're taping up the boxes on PoE2 beta or some shit because after the first week or two GGG just didn't seem to revisit anything about the league. Think they saw big numbers figured that was good enough, left totem explode in for everyone to do every uber they wanted, and called it a league.

Sentinel was a great league. I was getting 7 exalts a day just from raw drops with dumb currency bots. I wasn't even breeding them really just slamming shit together. That was the only league I got a HH because I just bought one and played around with it. I think nearly everyone I knew had a HH and/or Mageblood that league. Recombinators were badass and I got some big hits, but fuck I don't know if they should come back. They'd either be too rare to be useful or too jank to be worth our time. Hard to balance, but we'll see. I think they said they're definitely looking at it.

Honestly if people asked me my favorite league I couldn't tell you. I could tell you the ones I didn't like the most: Synthesis, Kalandra, and probably Arch Nemesis.

Synth I only played 2 weeks or so and I heard it got good a month in.

Kalandra got patched to be better and there were good skill changes, but the mechanic sucked itself outside of doubling mirrors which were between very rare and nonexistent. I found 3 in one day and 4 in the entire league. And I played 4-6 weeks probably.

Arch Nemesis just had a clunky QoL like Crucible does. If they gave us a better stash for the tokens I would've liked it more and the loot Frankensteins could definitely be cool, but after a certain amount of money I just didn't care.

My favorite league actually may be Ultimatum. Harvest and Sanctum coming in close as well. Ultimatum just had a good balance of reward for me personally and I was playing a slammer at their peak and I loved filling the arena then just bopping them. Harvest was a crafter's dream obviously. Sanctum was just a really well done mechanic. I never got a relic I wanted specifically, but the mini game built in was pretty cool if your build wasn't shit for it.

Heist/Delve were also god-tier leagues, but are looked down upon because the amount of effort in the current game to get those rolling now just seems too daunting for a lot of people, myself included some leagues. But when they were the focus of the league themselves they were amazing and felt like a true expansion to the game. The amount of voicework alone in Heist was nuts. I don't give a shit about that kind of stuff really, but I appreciate the effort that went into it.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
But sentinel was fun! And I hate crafting. Gathering the largest pack you could manage for your pandemonium sentinel was fun. Felt like Javazons in D2 cow level.

I don't think Reddit ever came around on Crucible. And rightly so. Half assed league.

What are you going to do without Reddit to hate on?

Just being incredibly high power isn't enough to get me to keep playing. The quirky build I wanted to play (skeletons convert 100% to fire/cold/lightning randomly) was going to require putting that specific mod on a good minion wand it was enough work to do something that wasn't almost certainly not going to be good that I never got it going. I sure as fuck wasn't going to do the legwork to set up brand attach reaper.

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Just being incredibly high power isn't enough to get me to keep playing. The quirky build I wanted to play (skeletons convert 100% to fire/cold/lightning randomly) was going to require putting that specific mod on a good minion wand it was enough work to do something that wasn't almost certainly not going to be good that I never got it going. I sure as fuck wasn't going to do the legwork to set up brand attach reaper.
Vengeant Cascade carried 3.21 hard. I got more fun from theorycrafting projectile builds than Crucible "keystones". I half expect they knew and tossed us that bone.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Vengeant Cascade carried 3.21 hard. I got more fun from theorycrafting projectile builds than Crucible "keystones". I half expect they knew and tossed us that bone.

I liked Manaforged Arrows a lot, made a spectre build because hey Frostbearers are stupid and settled on a version of the Splitting Steel Champion Ronne league started. All three of them I liked (two rocking Vengeant Cascade). It was just a league mechanic that I gave no fucks about.

Normally I'd have been all about the pure spectres but it felt like such a fucking handout. Oh hey, we nerfed your shit several patches in a row but for this one league you can have pre-nerf Syndicate Operatives back. We're not buffing anything minion related and we didn't even give you new Minion Offense/Minion Defense masteries even though we showed their icons in the league reveal trailer so you better soak it in while you can!

Naw, I'm good. Yes they're totally crazy in a league with a bunch of totally crazy shit.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I've cut down my Reddit time to like 1-5 viewings for the first month. I was enjoying PoEBuilds Reddit, but it became swarmed with "How do I fix my RF build" and "I have 160 divines, what build is good to make?" posts. Sucks because there was some great info and builds there.

Crucible had immense power, not even talking about the dumb totem build, but it was just so clunky. I've got to believe they're taping up the boxes on PoE2 beta or some shit because after the first week or two GGG just didn't seem to revisit anything about the league. Think they saw big numbers figured that was good enough, left totem explode in for everyone to do every uber they wanted, and called it a league.

Sentinel was a great league. I was getting 7 exalts a day just from raw drops with dumb currency bots. I wasn't even breeding them really just slamming shit together. That was the only league I got a HH because I just bought one and played around with it. I think nearly everyone I knew had a HH and/or Mageblood that league. Recombinators were badass and I got some big hits, but fuck I don't know if they should come back. They'd either be too rare to be useful or too jank to be worth our time. Hard to balance, but we'll see. I think they said they're definitely looking at it.

Honestly if people asked me my favorite league I couldn't tell you. I could tell you the ones I didn't like the most: Synthesis, Kalandra, and probably Arch Nemesis.

Synth I only played 2 weeks or so and I heard it got good a month in.

Kalandra got patched to be better and there were good skill changes, but the mechanic sucked itself outside of doubling mirrors which were between very rare and nonexistent. I found 3 in one day and 4 in the entire league. And I played 4-6 weeks probably.

Arch Nemesis just had a clunky QoL like Crucible does. If they gave us a better stash for the tokens I would've liked it more and the loot Frankensteins could definitely be cool, but after a certain amount of money I just didn't care.

My favorite league actually may be Ultimatum. Harvest and Sanctum coming in close as well. Ultimatum just had a good balance of reward for me personally and I was playing a slammer at their peak and I loved filling the arena then just bopping them. Harvest was a crafter's dream obviously. Sanctum was just a really well done mechanic. I never got a relic I wanted specifically, but the mini game built in was pretty cool if your build wasn't shit for it.

Heist/Delve were also god-tier leagues, but are looked down upon because the amount of effort in the current game to get those rolling now just seems too daunting for a lot of people, myself included some leagues. But when they were the focus of the league themselves they were amazing and felt like a true expansion to the game. The amount of voicework alone in Heist was nuts. I don't give a shit about that kind of stuff really, but I appreciate the effort that went into it.
Incursion and probably Sanctum are my two favorites. I love what double-corrupts added to the game, LOVE running temples(I hate the actual incursions themselves and feel they are far too build-limiting) and while I hated that Sanctum somewhat pigeon-holed you in what builds were effective in it, I absolutely loved the "mini-game" it provided.

Last edited:

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm still a sucker for Legion, but I enjoyed the shit out of Ultimatum and Harvest too. Heist can shampoo my crotch. I missed most of the past two years of leagues outside of I think Kalandra for a week or two and Archnemesis. Didn't think anything of them outside it was good experience with the new endgame. I'll come back for sure for PoE2 league but I will probably do an every other league type thing. I refuse to let a single game monopolize my time anymore. I wasn't joking that I was going back and playing SNES games I missed on my actual SNES because I discovered cars and pussy.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Excursion and probably Sanctum are my two favorites. I love what double-corrupts added to the game, LOVE running temples(I hate the actual incursions themselves and feel they are far too build-limiting) and while I hated that Sanctum somewhat pigeon-holed you in what builds were effective in it, I absolutely loved the "mini-game" it provided.

I think one of the biggest successes of Sanctum was you didn't need to worry about bullshit AN mods and getting 1 shot/running into things you couldn't actually kill.

I wasn't a huge fan of the play style of it within an ARPG but it had satisfying rewards and it didn't make you want to break your keyboard (well... unless you failed it after just completing 30 maps to unlock it fully lol). Crucible fails at both of those things unfortunately.

• 1Truth!

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I liked Manaforged Arrows a lot, made a spectre build because hey Frostbearers are stupid and settled on a version of the Splitting Steel Champion Ronne league started. All three of them I liked (two rocking Vengeant Cascade). It was just a league mechanic that I gave no fucks about.

Normally I'd have been all about the pure spectres but it felt like such a fucking handout. Oh hey, we nerfed your shit several patches in a row but for this one league you can have pre-nerf Syndicate Operatives back. We're not buffing anything minion related and we didn't even give you new Minion Offense/Minion Defense masteries even though we showed their icons in the league reveal trailer so you better soak it in while you can!

Naw, I'm good. Yes they're totally crazy in a league with a bunch of totally crazy shit.

Gonna be honest, I dunno how it was for the leagues I was on break for but frostbearers didn't feel any more OP than my stone golem build did in whatever league it was I played that in before my break.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My favorite leagues were Sanctum, Incursion, Ult, and Harvest. Sentinel was also great. Honestly so many good leagues it's probably easier to list the shit ones. Beast and Kalandra were super meh IMO.

Caliane

The differences are big enough to justify calling it a new game. pretty major engine updates. lighting/textures/etc. campaign, classes, etc.

Massive animation upgrades. movement baked into skills. (something I've though PoE could really use) Every class seems to be doing a dash in the vids. which implies the dash might be innate, not a gem skill.

Look how fluid the attacks are in this. as well as the movement baked into skills.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The differences are big enough to justify calling it a new game. pretty major engine updates. lighting/textures/etc. campaign, classes, etc.

Massive animation upgrades. movement baked into skills. (something I've though PoE could really use) Every class seems to be doing a dash in the vids. which implies the dash might be innate, not a gem skill.

Look how fluid the attacks are in this. as well as the movement baked into skills.
Diablo 4 adding a "dash" was a massive improvement to the "feel" of combat. PoE2 definitely needs something similar.

Xevy

Log Wizard
PoE has a Dash skill gem. What's the difference?
The cooldown in D4 is way, way worse!

But you can get CD reduction via attacking or up to +3 charges. But yeah, pretty funny people like that shit when Dash has what, a 1.5 second cooldown and PoE players think it's worthless.

Classic Zoomer vs Drudger combat shit.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I mainly single player game on console (first person notwithstanding) so someone needs to create a mmo or arpg that makes me replace the vidya card I got 7 years ago.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I mainly single player game on console (first person notwithstanding) so someone needs to create a mmo or arpg that makes me replace the vidya card I got 7 years ago.
Current PoE doesn't do that? I have 1060 GTX and I can't do Delerium. I'm actually looking to upgrade soon.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Current PoE doesn't do that? I have 1060 GTX and I can't do Delerium. I'm actually looking to upgrade soon.
But that isn't because of PoE's amazing graphics, its high fidelity, or incredible textures. It's because the underlying engine is total dogshit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users