Path of Exile

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Launch day, still no idea what to roll

Chieftan got a last minute buff to -20% fire res if anyone cares

I might just yolo going inquis spellblade battlemage something or other? I suck at generic caster/crit trees though so it's gonna be a mess
You forgot energy blade :trump:

Goonsquad Officer
i was right about to ask about filterblade. i...think i chose my settings and linked my account, but i can't seem to add it in-game. is that because the patch isn't live yet?

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I'm gonna roll lightning arrow deadeye, if i stick with it after starfield comes out or decide not to go back to BG3, I may transition to tornado shot.

Besides character build, what atlas strategies are you all going for?

Essence, expedition, and either harbinger or harvest myself.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Launch day, still no idea what to roll

Chieftan got a last minute buff to -20% fire res if anyone cares

I might just yolo going inquis spellblade battlemage something or other? I suck at generic caster/crit trees though so it's gonna be a mess
What's the added damage once you factor in the typical support opportunity cost? Then ask yourself why you weren't playing battlemage previously.

Caliane

i was right about to ask about filterblade. i...think i chose my settings and linked my account, but i can't seem to add it in-game. is that because the patch isn't live yet?
which method are you using? saving to hard drive? or, the import to poe game version?
if importing, dont just load up poe, actually log into the game. since poe isn't offline yet, should be able to do it still. Might be slow due to heavy activity.

Goonsquad Officer
which method are you using? saving to hard drive? or, the import to poe game version?
if importing, dont just load up poe, actually log into the game. since poe isn't offline yet, should be able to do it still. Might be slow due to heavy activity.
ahh i did the upload and i didn't actually log in yet. i was kind of waiting for the league to start. okay. i'll do that then. that must be my issue . grassyass

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What's the added damage once you factor in the typical support opportunity cost? Then ask yourself why you weren't playing battlemage previously.

Battlemage vulconus was already good/competitive, the issue largely was bladefall and bladeblast being rather meh. Spellblade being 135% of mainhand is not small either.

With return support now you can use EK instead of bladefall (all lingering blades land at your feet after return) and still have bladeblast available for single target when needed. I think I can afford to run a 4-link reaper as well with meat shield + new aura gem so it can apply bleeds for me and give me 'free' zealotry while I run defensive auras with my res.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Battlemage vulconus was already good/competitive, the issue largely was bladefall and bladeblast being rather meh. Spellblade being 135% of mainhand is not small either.

With return support now you can use EK instead of bladefall (all lingering blades land at your feet after return) and still have bladeblast available for single target when needed. I think I can afford to run a 4-link reaper as well with meat shield + new aura gem so it can apply bleeds for me and give me 'free' zealotry while I run defensive auras with my res.
Battlemage volconus I haven't seen in a while. Most recent one I've seen is Marohi Erqi, usually on Shockwave Totems and some paper-thin defenses. All I'm saying is that once you divide that 135% by the standard dps support, it's pretty much the same as Battlemage(but one handed weapons only!).

EK with return leaves fewer blades per second in Blade Blast range of the target than Bladefall. EK needs at least one of its notables from Crucible.

Why do you think BF/BB are meh? Usually people hate the 1-2 setup, but you're willing to do that with EK BB, so...?

How are you going to keep the Reaper alive from the Guardian support degen?

Last edited:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's part of the fun of PoE: automating away all of the "skill" of a build. I don't understand why the preponderance of RF players don't graduate to wardloopers.
Getting everything balanced on ward loop hard enough.

Upgrading a single item?

Animated GIF

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hexblast mines for me, never played a miner and looks interesting.

Laughed after logging into poe and clicked league info and its giving me shit about the crucible still.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Hexblast mines for me, never played a miner and looks interesting.

Laughed after logging into poe and clicked league info and its giving me shit about the crucible still.
Patch just went up.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dug through an old storage at work, found a screen coated in concrete dust. Seems to work though! Will be my PoB screen.

Will probably look into a 1080p Ultragear for these kinds of games. Just to have useful stuff up on it when playing.

The stand for it was chosen carefully.

PXL_20230818_174024132.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Battlemage volconus I haven't seen in a while. Most recent one I've seen is Marohi Erqi, usually on Shockwave Totems and some paper-thin defenses. All I'm saying is that once you divide that 135% by the standard dps support, it's pretty much the same as Battlemage(but one handed weapons only!).

EK with return leaves fewer blades per second in Blade Blast range of the target than Bladefall. EK needs at least one of its notables from Crucible.

Why do you think BF/BB are meh? Usually people hate the 1-2 setup, but you're willing to do that with EK BB, so...?

How are you going to keep the Reaper alive from the Guardian support degen?

The EK blade placement is way, way tighter than bladefall ever was, and is a much better clear skill in general (especially with a nimis). It's less blades yea, but with them all being exactly on top of you means more explosions per blast should be hitting rather than the weird coverage bladefall had even with conc effect.

Just self casting EK will be plenty of DPS with blade blast only really being an occasional button for some extra pinnacle DPS as needed.

Meatshield reaper with me running vitality and conc ground from inquis should survive the blessing degen I think?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The EK blade placement is way, way tighter than bladefall ever was, and is a much better clear skill in general (especially with a nimis). It's less blades yea, but with them all being exactly on top of you means more explosions per blast should be hitting rather than the weird coverage bladefall had even with conc effect.

Just self casting EK will be plenty of DPS with blade blast only really being an occasional button for some extra pinnacle DPS as needed.

Meatshield reaper with me running vitality and conc ground from inquis should survive the blessing degen I think?
I'll give you EK is a better clear skill with Nimis.

I've tested this with self-poison. Yes, EK placement is tighter but requires boss hugging. BF placement varies but on average will place more blades in target range than EK. Woke cascade furthers that gap. You get ~15 blade blasts on a human sized target per woke cascade/conc effect BF.

Reaper has less minion life than I expected(~6.1k), you might be able to get away with that. Though, that might mean it dies to incidental damage much more.

EDIT: Don't forget intensify on BF!

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I'm not 100% confident the reaper will stay alive, but him carrying a zealotry is worth messing around with at least.

Slam chieftans in shambles, unless it can somehow exert now. Strikes looking...okay? It's basically an extra attack per second, which given chieftan in general is a lot cause your attack speed is gonna be ass

redreader_dl_210227.png