Path of Exile

Xevy

Log Wizard
Mechanic:

-Ranking is basically MMR against the NPCs. Higher you go, harder shit is. Better rewards.
-Flankers are probably most important to have. You play goalie while they wreck totems.
-Rewards vary. Small tattoos are incredibly common. Chaos orbs very common before even maps in the ~50's level bracket. I've gotten one divine and failed one divine.
-You should only be channeling totems that are A: crippling your team (Titanic Shell) or B: not surrounded by any mobs while your base is safe. Most of the time your NPC's will destroy the toems
-If you're getting your ass kicked. Just level and gear more. At some point it will be a skill/tactic check unfortunately and unless you're a god you're basically playing Uber Blight where it's about the mechanic and how you play it.
-You can sell shit from one vendor to another for favors. Important to get good items/units.
-Sometimes the "right" unit is better than two units. A good flanker with bonus totem damage for instance can devastate a team. Two defenders with no items may not do shit the entire time until it's too late.

Basically it's Sanctuary+ in terms of planning. You'll actually be checking units/items on the opposite side and planning how to approach. Titanic Shell right now is absolutely broken as it has huge hp, huge raw damage reduction, and basically prevents you from destroying any totems until it's dead. Even with good+ dps, it takes two rounds of respawns for me to take it down and I have to time it after all the others die perfectly to even take it's totem down. It's rewards get very, very good. But it's not easy and you're not going to just out dps everything.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Would the market price of Silver Coins determine the value of this league mechanic? Currently 1c.

• 1Worf

Xevy

Log Wizard
Not sure how long I did this tonight. Got half of 88 into 89 with the mechanic. A LOT of frustrating losses, but definitely understanding shit better. Pretty sure "good" builds will annihilate shit. I'm on a 4L and I was doing work when Vaal skills were up. This was my haul, which was probably less net than I would've made grinding maps, but I didn't hit any big outputs:

1692526214657.png

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It paid me out 6l body armors 3 wins in a row, which sounds good in theory until you really sit down and think about how much time it takes to win a tournament.

The amount of time it takes to buy minions and play each match is so fucking huge I'm not sure it would be 'worth' it even if the payout was divine at the end of every tournament.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Why is everyone in such a hurry? Why is everything condensed to time vs whatever the fuck reward you get? I mean I get it, you want your time to be worth it. But in the end its a fucking game and what really matters is if youre having fun or not. If not, then dont fucking do it. There is 20 other league mechanics in the game to fuck with.

• 2Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
It paid me out 6l body armors 3 wins in a row, which sounds good in theory until you really sit down and think about how much time it takes to win a tournament.

The amount of time it takes to buy minions and play each match is so fucking huge I'm not sure it would be 'worth' it even if the payout was divine at the end of every tournament.
What's the setup for that though?

Like I've never minmaxed the map mods and altlas passives to get exalt runs on maps, so it may just be more accessible for people like me who are not studying the game.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why is everyone in such a hurry? Why is everything condensed to time vs whatever the fuck reward you get? I mean I get it, you want your time to be worth it. But in the end its a fucking game and what really matters is if youre having fun or not. If not, then dont fucking do it. There is 20 other league mechanics in the game to fuck with.

Everyone knows your DPS multiplied by Chaos per Hour is directly proportional to the size of your Epeen

Khane

Got something right about marriage

S tier trolling. Blizzard shill

• 1Truth!

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tom Hardy Bait GIF

• 1Worf

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is there a way to dissociate the map portals from the map device? Tired of walking back into cleared maps. Happens a lot on chunkier mtx.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Also, I know my PC is relatively old(16GB of RAM, i5 7500, 1060 6GB), but this hardware USED to play fucking Delerium league and now can't. It's now struggling to play the base game. I loaded into my first Maven invitation, started the encounter...where bosses? I had to start taking evasive maneuvers against bosses AND their skill effects that I couldn't see for 5 more seconds. 26 deaths up to that point, I'm surprised I haven't died more. Maybe Pathfinder and Petrified Blood is stronger than I expected.

WTF has been added to the game that justifies this degradation in performance?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Their big engine patch before the end of crucible really fucked the game for a lot of people, most of them with older PCs.

I'm sure it's all prep work for poe 2 and the seemingly massive visual upgrade that is happening there

Janx

<Silver Donator>
That falling rock 1 shot move in the league mech is bugged as fuck. Half the time you just fall over dead then the sound/graphic executes. Sometimes not even near where you were standing. Also see my minion's just afk doing jack shit.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Big quality of life patch coming soon for the league mechanic:

1692606886645.png

Buncha reddit retards complaining that currently at the high end you barely get 1 raw div/hour doing the mechanic.

If you want money div/hour style just do essences. There's better and there's worse, but there's nothing more league future-proof than essences except maybe harvest juice.

• 1Like