Path of Exile

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They said they're working on that actually. Don't think it'll make it, but maybe later. Basically so you can race whenever you want, just limited to say 1run of this or that per week or whatever.

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
Fuck played this game for 896 hours according to steam and many more prior to using the steam version and fucking finally fully linked a 6 socket I have gotten 6 links to drop but to link it myself, 1st time yesterday on a Beast Fur Shawl, playing that CI phys/chaos wander that mathil played a few weeks ago. Whats funny , i saved and bought up around 600 fusings and then just spammed the shit out of it and got it in 32 fusings. Yeah then tried to link a Marohqi with the leftovers, no dice had to settle for 5 at about 10 fusings left and stopped.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Gotta love RNG. I saved up 1500 fusings on standard before trying to 6L a legacy coil, got it in 120, then I went for it on decent ar/es chest, with the rest, 6L'd it with like 80 fusings left, was getting nervous towards the end.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tomorrow (Friday) is the press release for the new expac, they've been doing their tour thing all week like they normally do. It means we can probably expect an expac within a month if its like the previous ones.

Theres a cool picture on their website which teases the Rigwalk raid fight coming back and some map stuff, cant wait !

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Chris said 3weeks after the reveal(although that was a little while ago).

And I think the differentiation he's making is what exactly happens in 2.4. It's what they call an expansion, and it's a major patch, but it's not a new act. Act5 will be coming later. This will basically be like Ascendency, rather than Awakening. It's supposed to have a bunch of new features, especially regarding endgame, but it's not adding like a ton of new content like the act5 patch will be with new mob types, bosses and places. Although, it'll probably add some, since they've been adding some new shit every patch lately, like Rigwald, Vinktar and The Pale Council.

Although I think Insanity and Atlas Worlds might be the same thing. Atlas Worlds would be the name for 2.4, and Insanity the league name. Or the contrary not sure.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Maybe some kind of achievement system or something that ties multiple maps together ? Since I'm pretty sure they aren't happy that people are just chain blowing through gorges etc. and I wouldn't mind something a bit longer where you focus on actually playing the game instead of just running around cleaning whole screens in seconds, since that is currently the best way to play. Prophecy also disrupted that somewhat, I feel like they will go further in that direction.

Also maybe CoC nerf ?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The press embargo is over at 5pm EST, one hour after the 48 hour solo self found race starts.

Caliane

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The time for the reveal shouldn't have changed, it's a press embargo, not linked to ingame events or anything. Time is a bit weird on it(I guess it's just based on saturday morning in NZ). It's in 5hours and 30minutes from now.

Caliane

haha. man. 5pm. Thunderstorm rolls in. lose net connection till 730. Get in, start race. "restarting race". haha.
I give up. :(

20 days.
Path of Exile

I am not sure I understand how the atlas works. Start on the outside, add maps, run maps. till you get to the bosses in the center? restart a new atlas?

Essence league. (seems like its going to be a one and done league. super op item enchants, sortof like Talisman.) kill packs, like Perandus league, get enchants which operate like Alch's with 1 guaranteed mod.

oh, some of the game coverage explain stuff.
10 Things to Know About Path of Exile's Upcoming Expansion, Atlas of Worlds

"Once you complete a map, it will be marked on your Atlas"

Path of Exile’s Atlas of Worlds expansion launches September 2
Massively goes in detail more.

"Once players finish their first map in the expansion, they will be greeted by Master Cartographer Zana in the Eternal Laboratory"

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not having to run dozens of maps to find your first Zana anymore sounds like a great idea.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't think you restart the atlas ever, it's just an additional new system on top of normal maps. The thing with the Atlas over current system is you can +5levels maps(so you could like +5 T14 and they'd be crazy xp, or you could +5 gorge and they'd be even better xp than currently, or you can +5 something else to be roughly at the equivalent of gorge, without actually being gorge) and you can add a bunch of mods to maps. They also said specific drops in specific areas of the atlas, although that's basically the same as divination cards dropping in certain maps. For the big boss I guess what happens is you need to find the maps for the 4 bosses everytime you want to kill him, so it takes a while, similar to Atziri. Can just buy maps too.

The new item types sound interesting though, and that minion damage helm looked pretty cool for summoners, but you still have to craft it after. Still nice. Combine with the new league minion speed mod on rings you can craft, and sounds like minion builds are gonna be a bunch better with the expansion.

Still need to see the new skills and I assume the balance changes. Sadly won't be for a little while I guess.

Edit: Detailed article:
Path of Exile: Atlas of Worlds Interview. A Map of Condensed Hype.

Notably stuff like "For each different type of map that you complete, you receive a cumulative 1% bonus to map drop rates. This encourages lateral exploration of the Atlas."

Also Chris explained more in detail how the +5 level works. You can only have 15maps total with it, and it can only be used to upgrade white maps to yellow and yellow to red(not red to +5). It is however permanent after you've done that, until I assume you use it on another(might need a regret orb or whatever to remove one).

Last edited:

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
mlYvSLl.jpg