Path of Exile

Caliane

MTX can be used anywhere. if its in your Essence league hideout, it will be rolled into the standard hideout. now, if the standard hideout has more decorations, the standard hideout will supercede, if ess hideout has more deco, IT will supercede. If the mtx is in the hideout that is canceled, the mtx will be placed back into your mtx tab iirc. possible a "remove only" hideout tab.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
He also worked on Marvel Heroes and kinda made it from a shit game to a fairly decent one that became way more profitable from my understanding, so having him work on the chinese version of PoE which has microtransactions and what not seems like a good idea. The name is also recognizable but I think it's more about his experience with this type of game and monetization than because he worked on D2 15years ago.

And yeah he has nothing to do with D3 at all. People are sad in D3 thread/reddit because 2weeks ago or so he made some tweets that he was visiting Blizzard(probably because of the 20th Diablo aniversary panel at Blizcon which he might participate in) and then that he was glad to be working on the future of ARPGs so people assumed it had to do with the rumors of Diablo4, but turns out he meant PoE and not Diablo.

If you're talking about David Brevik dude was the CEO of Gazillion (marvelheroes dev) he was the head honcho from the points where it sucked big old dicks to when they finally made it a playable game.

Ryanz

<Banned>
2.4.2 is re implemented and everything seems to be working. 3 new skills to play with if you're interested.

Caliane

Apparently Blade furry is OP. Scorching ray, and Blight are terrible.

BF-huge range, huge aoe, huge damage.

Last edited:

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty much what he said. Blade Flurry is lacerate in every way except with none of the weaknesses

khalid

Unelected Mod
Yep, pretty disappointing. Three new skills, one that is so OP it isn't worth playing as it has to be nerfed. The other two skills so weak that you could double or triple their damage and they wouldn't seem OP.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yep, pretty disappointing. Three new skills, one that is so OP it isn't worth playing as it has to be nerfed. The other two skills so weak that you could double or triple their damage and they wouldn't seem OP.

This wont be the first time an OP skill makes it through to a league. After weve had flameblast for a year or more, Id be disappointed to see this get nerfed in 14 days.

Its like they dont test these skills at all before putting em out there. A reasonable skill would have been for the charge hits to hit 1 mob at a time, no aoe without splash, and then have the finishing aoe as the main skill.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I think they figured the new league starts in two weeks so may as well just let the community test the new shit out and nerf it right before heh.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think they figured the new league starts in two weeks so may as well just let the community test the new shit out and nerf it right before heh.

I dont disagree with the method, players should have a few days to mess with new skills before new leagues launch so they can decide what they want to play. Youd just think that they could spend even 30 minutes with someone in the office playing these skills to see how far off they are from each other.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What probably happened is the skills were OP like 2days before live, so they decided to nerf them last minute, and this is the result. And they either forgot blade flurry, or everyone was playing the other 2 so they didn't notice Blade flurry was also OP because it was less OP so it wasn't nerfed.

But yeah the current result looks really bad. Scorch is like pretty fucking bad, but Blight is quite possibly the worst skill that's ever been in the game, including shit like Puncture, various states of Viper Strike, prebuff Arc, Elemental Hit and all other shit skills there's been. It can't be scaled with poison, can't leech, can't crit, aoe is shit, range is shit, it's channeled AND it does absolute trash damage, at every level, both when you get it and at endgame(based on what people have shown mind you), it's a disgrace for the QA team. You could literally double the damage and it'd still be trash. Meanwhile Flurry is like twice as good as any other melee skill, in large part because it's "melee" and not actual melee, but also because it just does twice the damage of everything else too for some reason.

Still nice they patched shit before the season, especially the whole have to rollback and fix shit cause literally no one can move in the game. That would have been a monumental clusterfuck for a new season launch.

Caliane

yeah, theres lots of Blight in shit builds, etc. But here is a vid of occultist using what looks like what you would expect for an typical blight build. Save maybe the staff.

Super unimpressive.

Caliane

New league announced.
Breach.

Path of Exile

Sounds like Essence will not be in the next league. Breach mechanics overlap it too much. its like Perandus+Essence merged a bit. A ton of new uniques. Which can be upgraded, ala prophecies/ via breaches.

5 Important Things to Know About Path of Exile's Breach Challenge League, Content Update 2.5.0

They took my complaint on fucking footprints to heart. Mixed up the MTX a bit. portal at 24. I think the Wings was a typo, its 40.
  • Demon Hand Gloves microtransaction at 12 challenges complete
  • Breach Portal microtransaction at 24 challenges complete
  • Demonic Wings microtransaction at 36 challenges complete
They are all ugly. capes ugly too. Do wish they would tone down the art design a bit. we get it. gore, flesh, etc...

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
wings isnt a typo, they usually award the last MTX at 36 and the last challenge totem decoration thingy at 40.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I have no idea what to play next league, maybe bow something ? Breach looks interesting, but it doesn't sound like something completely new, more of a remix. I kinda lost interest in Essence around t11-12 maps, didn't even fill out the atlas, guess I should've just bought my way to the rest, but it was still pretty bad design imo.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
What probably happened is the skills were OP like 2days before live, so they decided to nerf them last minute, and this is the result. And they either forgot blade flurry, or everyone was playing the other 2 so they didn't notice Blade flurry was also OP because it was less OP so it wasn't nerfed.

But yeah the current result looks really bad. Scorch is like pretty fucking bad, but Blight is quite possibly the worst skill that's ever been in the game, including shit like Puncture, various states of Viper Strike, prebuff Arc, Elemental Hit and all other shit skills there's been. It can't be scaled with poison, can't leech, can't crit, aoe is shit, range is shit, it's channeled AND it does absolute trash damage, at every level, both when you get it and at endgame(based on what people have shown mind you), it's a disgrace for the QA team. You could literally double the damage and it'd still be trash. Meanwhile Flurry is like twice as good as any other melee skill, in large part because it's "melee" and not actual melee, but also because it just does twice the damage of everything else too for some reason.

Still nice they patched shit before the season, especially the whole have to rollback and fix shit cause literally no one can move in the game. That would have been a monumental clusterfuck for a new season launch.

Them putting Breath of the Council into the base game means they have to massively pre-nerf literally everything Chaos/Poison related. Looks like they went overboard this time.

PoE became a lot less fun once I realized poison builds just absolutely shit on everything else and I can run builds with 16,000 ES and 15% ES/second regen that still kill uber-Izaro in under 10 seconds, with Breath as the only unique needed.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Didn't they say they're nerfing poison for 2.5? Guess we'll see how it goes. But not sure that's the reason for nerfs, cause they didn't bother prenerfing Flurry, and being a physical attack, it's fairly obvious people are going to scale that with poison too.

But yeah the powercreep has been pretty crazy. And it reduces the build variety a lot cause some builds are so stupidly strong without sacrificing any defenses for it that every other build looks like poop in comparison. Fun to see how ES has become better than life yet again, how draining is somehow better than what it was before it was nerfed to the ground(large part due to the stupid lightning flask thing) and how a lot of builds don't use either armor or evasion anymore and just facetank through stuff with a large pool+stupid high regen from the stupid high damage. I'm not sure what their plans are for the expansion, but that seems to be a lot of shit to try to fix at once if they want to go back to a more controlled pace with more risks and shit.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Reading up on scorching ray makes me sad, I was hoping for impressive damage because the inherent lack of mobility and ramp up time are enough of a penalty in PoE.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Didn't they say they're nerfing poison for 2.5? Guess we'll see how it goes. But not sure that's the reason for nerfs, cause they didn't bother prenerfing Flurry, and being a physical attack, it's fairly obvious people are going to scale that with poison too.

But yeah the powercreep has been pretty crazy. And it reduces the build variety a lot cause some builds are so stupidly strong without sacrificing any defenses for it that every other build looks like poop in comparison. Fun to see how ES has become better than life yet again, how draining is somehow better than what it was before it was nerfed to the ground(large part due to the stupid lightning flask thing) and how a lot of builds don't use either armor or evasion anymore and just facetank through stuff with a large pool+stupid high regen from the stupid high damage. I'm not sure what their plans are for the expansion, but that seems to be a lot of shit to try to fix at once if they want to go back to a more controlled pace with more risks and shit.

It's not even leech. Just do this with Blade Vortex and Abyssal Cry linked to Poison. You're not even relying on leech to facetank shit, your ES naturally regenerates at a rate of 15% per second. You can stand directly on top of Labyrinth traps and take no damage. High tier map bosses melt in seconds as Abyssal Cry on the blue mobs they come with triggers a dozen explosions stacking triple-duration poison on the boss.

Blade Flurry with this build would be even more retarded because even if they nerf the damage heavily, the "more" mechanic on the skill will double dip the poison and cause it to do absolutely tremendous amounts of damage, the same way poison traps did before they changed their "more" mechanic to not apply to it.