Path of Exile

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I watched the video on the reddit of him selling it or giving it away or whatever. It should still be up. I just scrolled down to figure out why and that's what I read.

Ahh, sorry then, must of missed that.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
BTW where does your beta invite show up? Do they email them out, or is it on their website/forums?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Mechanics question: what counts as a "hit". If I cyclone into a pack of 5 mobs, does each individual mob represent a 20% chance to proc Molten Burst, thus giving me an average chance of 100% to proc it each tick?

I would assume so, but I'm running into inconsistencies that make me doubt myself. I was playing a Terminus Est Flicker Strike build previously and at 60% crit I would Flicker into a pack of mobs. I've tried with splash support and the slayer ascendency impact. It happens way too often that I won't get any frenzy charges from the three flickers. Do splashes not count as hits/crits in this context?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Beta wipe in next weeks patch fyi ( the one that drops act 8 )

May try lightning arrow with this one.

Caliane

Mechanics question: what counts as a "hit". If I cyclone into a pack of 5 mobs, does each individual mob represent a 20% chance to proc Molten Burst, thus giving me an average chance of 100% to proc it each tick?

I would assume so, but I'm running into inconsistencies that make me doubt myself. I was playing a Terminus Est Flicker Strike build previously and at 60% crit I would Flicker into a pack of mobs. I've tried with splash support and the slayer ascendency impact. It happens way too often that I won't get any frenzy charges from the three flickers. Do splashes not count as hits/crits in this context?
Each independent hit, is a hit.

Multistrike also only counts as 1 action for many effects as well. Gaining frenzy charges for example. Multistrike+frenzy. only 1 charge.
Multistrike Support - Official Path of Exile Wiki
Critical strike hits are rolled once for all three strikes. Effects that trigger on an outgoing melee critical strike will only trigger once per activation of the attack, even though all three strikes will crit.

I was thinking aoe hits behaved in the same way. 1 aoe hit=1 activation regardless of targets struck. but I can't find anything to back that up. so might be wrong. (wasnt that the point of the blade vortex nerf, from many hits to 1 aoe hit?)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Well then, 40% chance not to get a frenzy charge makes much more sense. They probably did that to make their servers not buckle under calculations, but still, very counterintuitive.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Each hit counts as its own hit with its own chance to proc. AoE the whole hit counts as one(so a full screen earthquake will get you one charge). When a projectile chains, each time it hits counts as its own hit, even if its on the same chain(linking Power Charge on Crit with an Orb of storms has gotten me 4 power charges on the first zap on the rare occasion).

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
OK guys, so I've made good progress with my Earthquake/Warchief build; however, now I'm at the point that I need more damage to progress into red maps. I don't know enough about optimization in POE to know which slots I should be looking to upgrade now and for which stats. Any help would be appreciated.

View Profile - Path of Exile - OUAriakas

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Each hit counts as its own hit with its own chance to proc. AoE the whole hit counts as one(so a full screen earthquake will get you one charge). When a projectile chains, each time it hits counts as its own hit, even if its on the same chain(linking Power Charge on Crit with an Orb of storms has gotten me 4 power charges on the first zap on the rare occasion).
So, Molten Strike with multistrike support and Ngamahu's Flame only has 20% chance per "click" rather than "hit"?

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
So, Molten Strike with multistrike support and Ngamahu's Flame only has 20% chance per "click" rather than "hit"?

I think for Molten Strike each *ball* counts as its own hit, so each ball has its own 20% chance to proc molten burst. That chance is the same if 1 ball hits 5 mobs or 1 mob. But if you multistrike molten strike that shoots 4 balls each, thats 3 hits(multistrike) and 12 balls for a total of 15 individual 20% chances to proc molten burst.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
OK guys, so I've made good progress with my Earthquake/Warchief build; however, now I'm at the point that I need more damage to progress into red maps. I don't know enough about optimization in POE to know which slots I should be looking to upgrade now and for which stats. Any help would be appreciated.

View Profile - Path of Exile - OUAriakas

Is there any reason why you are doing elemental conversion for your earthquake? Because if you went full physical you can start using bleeds/poisons by getting a voidheart. For the most part there is no reason to convert phys to elemental unless you are going to be stacking elemental penetration. The physical damage Going route allows you to use atziri's promise and lion's roar to scale your damage really hard(you should have those flasks anyways even if you don't decide to go full phys). Also for full phys, you can change your blue gem to conc effect for bosses.

Another thing you can add is a blasphemy set up; if you're going to stay elemental damage you can drop herald of ash and use elemental weakness instead.

More things to do staying elemental:
Move your flame elemental to where your molten shell is currently; drop molten shell. This lets you put blasphemy in its place and you can still run hatred.
Replace fortify with conc effect or melee damage at full life. Link fortify to your leap slam.
Replace your 2nd cast when damage taken with your warcry from your helm.

Last edited:

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
What leagues/levels everyone currently play?

Been going at this game solo for almost 5 years now, I think I would like to start playing with some peeps. I play both Legacy SC and standard(my net too unreliable for HC). Fairly rich on both. Completed everything so I can help you with whatever!
IGN: Jonkimble
whats your account name??

Behemoth

Trakanon Raider
From what I saw on the stream Ziz was borrowing the HH. Prior to that he had 2 inspired learning jewels. People were saying it wasn't ethical because the person he borrowed from want on his "team" from the start of the race and he agreed to give them the demi if only Ziz got one and not the loaner guy.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So, I just did my first race, Act 2 solo. Defeated the Vaal dude and got to Sarn just before the league ended. I assume the Vaal Oversoul was the objective, when do I get my mystery box?

Nevermind, i r dum. Guess I should have concentrated on leveling more. Hmmm, what's the best race for getting a mystery box?

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
So, I just did my first race, Act 2 solo. Defeated the Vaal dude and got to Sarn just before the league ended. I assume the Vaal Oversoul was the objective, when do I get my mystery box?

Nevermind, i r dum. Guess I should have concentrated on leveling more. Hmmm, what's the best race for getting a mystery box?

Just buy them.

People play this game for a living.