Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Been playing a Berserker for the first time on some challenging content. Well, "challenging", I fully admit I get stubborn sometimes. I gave up playing my KB-BA wander when I tried the boss trio of the Excavation map. Potions ran out far before they were dead and they never really clumped up enough for KB to be effective.

I gave up on my FB character for basically the same scenario, but it was Sulfur Wastes instead. Pots ran out, boss wasn't dead yet, pushed my shit in.

First try, take my Cyclone-MS hybrid Berserker into both maps and just sit and laugh at both bosses. Admittedly, MS strike is likely overpowered with those threshold jewels, but I don't have the helm enchant and it provides almost as many projectiles. And I was safely cycloning down bandit lackeys in Sulfur Wastes.

Cloaked in Savagery + VP is just amazing. Get yourself some stun immunity and stack life. This really should be how most melee builds play.

I'd like to get Flicker Strike to work with Berserker, but Blood Rage and VP just feels bad. My other problem with Flicker Strike builds is going in dry. Either you get lucky and whatever you use for continuous generation(Terminus Est, Oro's, etc) picks up and off you go. Or you take it "safe" and whack a few charges up via Frenzy. Which means you're leeching barely anything and down you go. Cloaked in Savagery + VP might solve that part of the problem.

Xevy

Log Wizard
New 2 week Race is really fun. Zone either has 20 strongboxes, 11 breaches, 20 invader bosses, 20 exiles, or 20 tormented spirits. Crazy amounts of loot. The zone is static, too. Changing hourly. So Cruel Ledge will always have 11 breaches or whatever, for every instance of it, until it changes on the hour. Super fun. Hardcore is a bit rough though with all the fucking invader bosses stacking together or bosses getting multiple spirits in them.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
New 2 week Race is really fun. Zone either has 20 strongboxes, 11 breaches, 20 invader bosses, 20 exiles, or 20 tormented spirits. Crazy amounts of loot. The zone is static, too. Changing hourly. So Cruel Ledge will always have 11 breaches or whatever, for every instance of it, until it changes on the hour. Super fun. Hardcore is a bit rough though with all the fucking invader bosses stacking together or bosses getting multiple spirits in them.

I was considering doing it but I don't wanna burn out before the expansion hits. Is the league voided? Cause that is sure a lot of items to be had haha.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I was considering doing it but I don't wanna burn out before the expansion hits. Is the league voided? Cause that is sure a lot of items to be had haha.
Obviously voided yeah, ppl are getting stupid loot. Looks pretty fun but meh I'll wait for expansion.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Trying to finish up a few achievements in Legacy: Invasion bosses(Judgment Apparatus), Perandus chests(Locker), Beyond(Abaxoth), Talisman(need one more T3 boss kill), and Warband leaders. Anyone know if the first three require some special conditions to spawn? Been through tons of leaguestones trying to get them to spawn.

Fucking frustrating, also trying to get to 90 and it's just ping pong, make some experience, random splat death, repeat. Thinking of just dropping down to magic red maps, but I don't know if that's even sustainable from a mapping standpoint.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
farm Imperial Gardens/Warehouse District/Riverways for the invasion guy and I haven't seen abaxoth since beyond was invented. Best bet is to stay on channel 820 or whatever it is and wait for someone to sell a group spot.

Google doc for the location and stuff for invasion bosses.

POE

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hmmmm, grouping up to finish up achievements....reminds me of conquests in D3 seasons. Not in a great way either, always felt like cheating to do some of those in a group. Everything short of those grindy top end achievements should be able to be done solo in a reasonable amount of time.

Still kinda surprised I haven't seen a Perandus Locker or Judgment Apparatus. I'm hoping the achievements are more cohesive next league.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Abaxoth there is a leaguestone that guarantees him. Judgement Apparatus you need to look up on the Wiki, you can also force farm him in his base zone with a leaguestone that guarantees invasion bosses.

/Trade820 for the first 2/3 of the league is pretty reliable for any challenges, I doubt so close to the end but you never know.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is there a minimum level to spawn Abaxoth in a low level zone, is he my level or zone level? I've never fought him before and with the xp penalty for death, I'm a bit tired of what this game calls a "challenge".

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
They gonna buff saboteur or nah?

Every build I find either an assassin or occultist does it better.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
and with the xp penalty for death, I'm a bit tired of what this game calls a "challenge".

You're aware that people do all this content in Hardcore, right? You're frustrated, but to my ears, it sounds like you want to go into zone-out farm mode and not die. Farm dried lake? Unfuck your build? Buy better gear?

If the truth is you want to zone-out farm with no risk of death then there are specific builds or zones to accommodate that playstyle -- but insinuating that the entire game ought to offer you that is wrong and it's not the games fault that you don't think it's "challenging" to randomly get BTFO even in a place you feel safe enough to zone-out farm.

I mean -- I want the game to accommodate my play-style. My complaint is that risk versus reward has been fucked for years -- zone-out farming easy content is the best way to make money in this game... doing super-hard content is not. So from my perspective, you're upset that there's a one percent chance of death of zone-out farming and I'm upset that you can even do that in the first place and get good drops.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
No, I don't want safe farm mode, that's boring. The economy sucks right now since it's the end of the league and poe.trade is littered with people doing the 2 week mayhem. My gear could use slight upgrades, I'm missing an ideal dps affix here or there, but that isn't the problem.

View Profile - Path of Exile - Deathwing6

The passives might be non ideal, I'd go with EO if the economy currently supported it.

The problem is that this game gives you little to no warning of impending doom. Volatiles are the biggest offender and thank god they are fixing that. Reflects need a fix too. Overcoming challenge(death) is only fun if you're given the ability to do so.

There's a second problem where you'll be "locked" into your death. You're facing off with a boss or particularly challenging rare(3+ essences for example) and you realize that your situation is bad and need to move. However, the instant you do that, your sustain goes to zero and you die. Crappy movement skills plus zero margin of error create this situation too often.

And, like everything else threatening in this game, the solution is not to learn to play around it, it's to beat the problem out of existence(if you can). Sustain problems? Some combination of Berserker, VP, ES, etc. Frozen? Heat flask. Bleeding to death? Staunching flask. Reflects? Elemental flask + Purity of said element and pray to god that's enough.

But you're absolutely right, I don't want to die. XP penalty on death this harsh is a relic and needs to be removed. Paired with above, all it does is just frustrate players and make them realize the last hour of play was wasted. Furthermore, it makes people hesitant to try new content.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
You're going to have a real rough time if you cant avoid abilities with 3.0, the map bosses and shaper all have huge HP increases which makes learning their scripts almost mandatory in the current patch. It's kind of funny to see all the button mashers streaming Uber Atziri now and dying since they're used to doing the 4 split in seconds versus doing the mechanics now.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Oh, I haven't even tried that type of content. I'm raging at when PoE's random rare affix engine decides to throw you a curve ball and you only notice after the mob has kicked your ass.

That said, I reserve the right to bitch about them if and when I get to them.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Oh, I haven't even tried that type of content. I'm raging at when PoE's random rare affix engine decides to throw you a curve ball and you only notice after the mob has kicked your ass.

That said, I reserve the right to bitch about them if and when I get to them.

It just takes a while to get use to a quick mouse over and seeing what the affix is. I don't think I've died to volatile in like 3 leagues unless i'm drunk or really not paying attention. XP penalty really doesn't start to hurt bad until 90 unless you're dying in literally every map, and if that's the case you've got to reexamine your build/gear (probably both).

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm at 89, red map gets me 4-7% XP, so a death every few maps still hurts a lot.

I posted my build above, I welcome critiques. I've considered changing my helm to something with life, but it's tough as hell to find anyone trading these days.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I mean, I literally haven't blown myself up on a volatile in a LONG time and I play a ton of melee builds. The only times they HAVE one shot me has been when it's a high hp mob on a extra dmg + -max map.