Path of Exile

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Good gear is just so fucking rare in this game its silly. I think the entire time (multiple characters to 80s) I think I found like 5-6 pieces of good gear, not great, just good. Rolling gear is just pulling the one arm bandit.

I use to think this too, but I have a feeling if you keep doing leagues and learn how to price / sell items, you'll change your mind. I'm not a POE powergamer, nor am I very efficient, but i've figured out what sells good enough I'm able to accumulate a 10-20 exalt character within a couple weeks or so. I don't even go crazy with it, I typically only try to sell things that I think are worth 10 chaos or above. I'd always get a drop or two in a 6 hour play session though that I could unload for 20-30 chaos or higher. A few of those items gets you enough to get one of those fairly rare uniques you might need, or that weapon / 5 link ect ect.

Caliane

dang are they not wiping soon? I've been holding out playing more 3.0 till the wipe.

edit: just read the forum post, bummer not gonna be able to play this weekend.
yeah, keeps getting pushed back.

however, Mayhem is amazing fun anyway.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
yeah, keeps getting pushed back.

however, Mayhem is amazing fun anyway.

It looks fun but I don't wanna burn out before 3.0 drops. I'm only playing the beta through just to get an idea of what the acts are and where i'm going ect ect. Prepare for bosses a little.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
When beta wipes next tuesday, anyone interested in getting a nice crew going? We can power through act 1-4 in a few hours(can lead the way) and take our time with the newer stuff.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
When beta wipes next tuesday, anyone interested in getting a nice crew going? We can power through act 1-4 in a few hours(can lead the way) and take our time with the newer stuff.

I'd say yes if it had dropped today or tomorrow.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
It definitely sucks that it got delayed because this weekend is pretty free and I was expecting to no-life the shit out of beta. Oh well, guess I must continue to adult.

Xevy

Log Wizard
You probably did yourself a disservice by getting welfare. I honestly have the most fun in this game when I fresh hit Merc Lakes during a new league and I slowly get the chaos to buy decent rares then get the chaos to buy build defining uniques. Getting gifted all that really ruins that build up and you just go dick first into the map grind.

Merc Lakes is what I call: The Promised Land.

You can get to lvl 81 there prettttty easily if you're not keen on mapping.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Merc Lakes is what I call: The Promised Land.

You can get to lvl 81 there prettttty easily if you're not keen on mapping.
I think if I had to run Merc Dried Lake more than 3-5 times, I'd kill myself.

t1-5 maps are piss easy and even blue ones give much better drops than any act map.

Caliane

yeah, I barely understood the value of merc lakes before. But now?

jungle valley is tighter, easier to clear. beach is definitely so. desert/oasis is even with lakes.
map only lab
map only essences.
map only zana.
map only breach/beyond, etc.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Question about the Atlas. Currently I'm basically just doing mapping, up to t12 atm. When this league ends and my character gets transferred over to standard.....can I continue to fill out and complete the Atlas, or is it "frozen" and I can no longer progress in it?

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Question about the Atlas. Currently I'm basically just doing mapping, up to t12 atm. When this league ends and my character gets transferred over to standard.....can I continue to fill out and complete the Atlas, or is it "frozen" and I can no longer progress in it?
you should be able to contiune on your journey forward but when league ends it will be 3.0

Caliane

Anyone have thoughts on how burning will work in 3.0?

Did cyclone raider in beta 1. very smooth now. pretty nice. did phys. considering how elemental cylcone with ptl and 40% tree conversion might work.
mayhem did an arc trap witch. was doing well. playtime has been limited, so never hit endgame. but was going well. icetrap/arc combo pretty solid, future with elementalist. ice/lit duo. golem and pen.

I was running scorching ray to single target burn when arc trap was not cutting it. it felt surprisingly well imho. even without any investment.
so, I kindof want to do a self cast scorching ray.
Atm, looking at, self cast elementalist. orb of storms=dual curse,EE, EO AND mastermind of discord fire pen. Mom+200%+ life build. flame and stone golems. Arctic armor. maybe grace. vitality? hah.
none of the bandit choices seem great for this. oak life regen actually is 5% life nodes per point.. so no.

how is the dot changes going to effect scorching ray? not at all? Ignite was changed, not burning?
Ignite is an ailment, burning is not. so no deadly ailments support. same with ignite prolif. scorching ray does not ignite.
Efficacy maybe.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Ziz hit 100 in SSF Mayhem, these people are fucking crazy...

He went really, really hard. Like 12-20 hour shifts, 8ish hours of sleep between. A lot of the 'hardcore' hardcore people accused him of being soft and needing people to carry him to 100, so he was really trying to prove something. I watched him at 98/99. All the loot left behind because it didn't matter to him at that point made my peen sad.

Super excited for 3.0. Hopefully the new supports they add make every ability be potentially usable at a high lvl once double dipping nerfed. I want to use Glacial Hammer successfully for the first time ever.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The 20 tormented spirits have not killed me yet.

Can't believe someone got 100 in this lol, let alone as self found. Inspires me to be a better exile.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The 20 tormented spirits have not killed me yet.

Can't believe someone got 100 in this lol, let alone as self found. Inspires me to be a better exile.

Once you are at the point where you are running a handful of shaped maps you just run whatever has strongboxes in it and avoid all the dangers of the league. It becomes a league with extra pack size on every map.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I ain't afraid of no ghost

I had a situation where I got find the den from Tora and the den had 10 ghosts in it who all instantly popped into the one 'boss' out of all the beasts. That created a problem.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Only thing that scares me is bear traps I just insta leave

Although last time I played 3 ghosts jumping into a map boss got me but I was being stupid and knew it