Path of Exile

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think I'll actually make a zombie auramancer. Since I've never done a pet class and there's actually people to play with. :eek:

Assuming everyone is playing Turmoil SC?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I've put a good amount of leveling uniques into the guild stash for anyone who starts up this weekend.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Kinda wish legacy league had been setup like turmoil with every new zone having 5 modded mobs/breaches/chests, so much more enjoyable never having to to do talisman shit and instead get to have the fun of breaking a 5 pack of perandus chests.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, it's so much better than the legacy system. I'm tossing some decent rares here and there into the SC Turmoil guild stash, so help yourself. Really happy I didn't roll HC character, I play way too YOLO.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Agreed. I really like that it makes more maps useful, like say if maps like Ashen Wood or Pier had breach/perandus, you'd be powerfarming those for an hour. Running strands over and over again gets boring.

Also, levelling with zombies is agonizingly slow. Now that I am 70 zombies is actually pretty fun to play. But...will never level zombies again... ever. Literally takes twice as long as pretty much anything else.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Agreed. I really like that it makes more maps useful, like say if maps like Ashen Wood or Pier had breach/perandus, you'd be powerfarming those for an hour. Running strands over and over again gets boring.

Also, levelling with zombies is agonizingly slow. Now that I am 70 zombies is actually pretty fun to play. But...will never level zombies again... ever. Literally takes twice as long as pretty much anything else.

I've got SRS / zombie on the beta server. It can scale really well but zombies need more ai improvements to really take the build to the next level. As of now I'm fighting a boss and zombies seem to just follow me around like idiots half the time.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
You can use desecrate to tell your zombies where to attack.

I can normally get to maps in about 8-10 hours played. With zombies it took 18 hours. U G H.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah until they do something about zombie AI I can't go back to playing it. Might mess around with that Baron SRS build.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I made my necro just cause I wanted a necro support on standard. Might as well do this new league with it. The AI is pretty garbage for sure; a simple attack and hold command would make life so much better.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hah, 21 hours played and I'm still at level 66. I play quite slow, I like to alt-tab to youtube or other stuff.

I'm giving movement skills another try after someone pointed out that it frees up a flask slot. I like WB's speed, but it seems to get stuck on damn near everything. I don't remember Shield Charge being this bad when I used. So I'm using Leap Slam and it's good enough. Having trouble piloting it though, especially through doors. Is there any way to force to leap slam immediately even if you click too far(i.e. holding shift)?

Is Lightning Warp in a 4L viable on non casters? Otherwise, kinda sucks that all the movement skills have build restrictions.

Ryanz

<Banned>
PgvuHJJ.jpg

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Getting ready for this to come out on console. Haven't played this in so long it took me a couple hours to pick a spec and make it through act 1. Prophecies, hideouts random dropped currency are new to me. Love that the zones are packed with rare loot but I'm guessing that's tied to the Turmoil ruleset.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
No way I know of to leap slam without holding the shift down. One thing I learned to get used to was just not trying to leap slam at the very edge of my screen. Whirling Blades/Shield Charge both get caught on crap all the time but I *think* 3.0 is fixing that somewhat. Lightning Warp is technically viable on non-casters but the reason no one uses it is because you can't link it to fortify and it requires a 4-L instead of 3-L so you can't put it into 1h/shield sockets. Also leap slam/shield charge/whirling blades scales with attack speed which most melee classes have a ton of.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Are you sure about Lightning War scaling with attack speed? I'm not seeing that mentioned anywhere on the wiki.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, just kinda sucks if you're the odd man out. Attack wanders pretty much have to use a quicksilver flask.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Attack wanders now can use shield charge, but in 3.0 thats a no so you'll be stuck with quicksilver and flame dash. No fortify for you!

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Are you sure about Lightning War scaling with attack speed? I'm not seeing that mentioned anywhere on the wiki.

lightning warp you want quality (gives decreased duration) and decreased duration gem (and I think cast speed not sure?) to make it go fast.