Path of Exile

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
lightning warp you want quality (gives decreased duration) and decreased duration gem (and I think cast speed not sure?) to make it go fast.
Maxed out, it's actually not bad, alternatively link it to CWDT for some random "nope". Don't try it in HC tho :D

In theory you can run LW-dec duration-fast cast-rapid decay, the last one is more of a luxury, but it's the closest you can get to d2 teleport.

I think I won't scrape the currency for 5L Shav or Solaris before I hit 85, might not even do uber lab, since just blasting through white maps is plenty of fun and I'm flying past the levels.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Maxed out, it's actually not bad, alternatively link it to CWDT for some random "nope". Don't try it in HC tho :D

In theory you can run LW-dec duration-fast cast-rapid decay, the last one is more of a luxury, but it's the closest you can get to d2 teleport.

I think I won't scrape the currency for 5L Shav or Solaris before I hit 85, might not even do uber lab, since just blasting through white maps is plenty of fun and I'm flying past the levels.

ya I got 2 lucky exalt drops so got my belly with 1. Not really sure what else I want, maybe just buy fusings to spam for a link. Im just gonna slow grind to 90 throughout the week and probably break until 3.0

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah my plan is to hit 90, then actually build my necro properly in standard(and with lots of bling).

Down for mapping with anyone. Currently 77 with 6 auras and really angry zombies.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Got an exalt on Saturday, got 31 chaos for it. Got an exalt today, got 44 chaos for it. o_O

Been noticing some fuckery in the market for the a few categories of items I've been watching. There were quite a few Soul Takers for sale over the weekend, now there are none.

I'm playing elemental sunder and can't think what to spend those chaos on. Can't afford anything that's an upgrade over the Jack Axe nor a Taste of Hate nor a 5L Belly(to replace my Tabula). And I don't really feel like balancing cold and lightning resists just so I can get 10% dps from a Wise Oak. So, aside from looking for pieces that have WED, life, and 2+ resists(which are quite expensive), I can't for the life of me think of any "cheap" uniques that would fit my build. Already got my Prismatic Eclipse, Lion's Roar, and Atziri's Promise.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think an extremely well rolled rare is better. But either way, that's not fitting under the cheap category.

Caliane

charged dash looks amazing.

looking at it, for my 3.0 build atm for sure.
Scales with run speed and attack speed?
Haste raider!

cwc with sire of shards...

Queen of the forest..

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haven't played this game in ages. Got an email for a password reset this morning. Just putting out a heads up to watch your accounts :)

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
charged dash looks amazing.

looking at it, for my 3.0 build atm for sure.
Scales with run speed and attack speed?
Haste raider!

cwc with sire of shards...

Queen of the forest..

Yeah but skills that make me run backwards to grab loot get old really fast. End game not much of an issue but mid game+ it is balls.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
For strand farming I can see that skill being pretty busted(your aurabot should be grabbing your loot anyways :p)

Also, having a 6-L and level 22 zombies with 6 auras and poison is some of the best single target DPS I've had. Gaddamn.

Last edited:

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Doryani's Catalyst is BiS for elemental sunder no?

Yes, you don't swing your offhand with Sunder so its basically a stat stick. Doryani's is pretty much BiS for any elemental build that can take advantage of the elemental % damage on it.

Path of building is awesome for these kinds of tests too. Right now the highest theoretical dps for 3.0 is elemental blade flurry via Berserker with Doryani's offhand + Abyssus.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Rushed to 85, mostly geared my SRS Necro with 5L Solaris Lorica aaaaand I'm burnt out. I doubt I'l crawl all the way to 90, better save my excitement for 3.0. I like the league rotation system, if you are switching maps you really have to be on top of your game if you aren't already decked out and the game desperately needs something to disincetivise spamming the same map over and over. I also feel like the economy is getting a bit stale, who picks up rare non-ES shields anymore ?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yes, you don't swing your offhand with Sunder so its basically a stat stick. Doryani's is pretty much BiS for any elemental build that can take advantage of the elemental % damage on it.

Path of building is awesome for these kinds of tests too. Right now the highest theoretical dps for 3.0 is elemental blade flurry via Berserker with Doryani's offhand + Abyssus.
I'll have to check again, but I thought PoB showed a REALLY well rolled rare was better better than Doryani's. Or does most BIS discussion automatically exclude that because, in this case, that would be getting extremely good rolls on 4 out of 6 affixes?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll have to check again, but I thought PoB showed a REALLY well rolled rare was better better than Doryani's. Or does most BIS discussion automatically exclude that because, in this case, that would be getting extremely good rolls on 4 out of 6 affixes?

Sunder only uses your main hand, so unless your offhand has a proc buff or % elemental damage etc its not doing anything with Sunder. Now for your main hand an elemental weapon would be very close to BiS if not a pure physical one being converted to Ele via tree + phys to light gem.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
For strand farming I can see that skill being pretty busted(your aurabot should be grabbing your loot anyways :p)

Also, having a 6-L and level 22 zombies with 6 auras and poison is some of the best single target DPS I've had. Gaddamn.

I'm playing a bit with a necro as well. Total newbie, and I'm only level 30 atm, going to hopefully get to 85 before the 2 weeks are up for this Turmoil league, and then figure things out in 3.0.

Is there a link you can provide as to how to best play necro with auras? I don't know much about auras/curses. My only other previous character was a AW totem maurader/warchief.

Currently I'm just using SRS for dps and the zombies of course, but I want to get to the point where to zombies/spectres are my primary DPS and I can just focus on movement/survival, kind of like with my warchief.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Rushed to 85, mostly geared my SRS Necro with 5L Solaris Lorica aaaaand I'm burnt out. I doubt I'l crawl all the way to 90, better save my excitement for 3.0. I like the league rotation system, if you are switching maps you really have to be on top of your game if you aren't already decked out and the game desperately needs something to disincetivise spamming the same map over and over. I also feel like the economy is getting a bit stale, who picks up rare non-ES shields anymore ?

I think in a two week everyone is just jumping to 90 and dipping so people just aren't really picking shit up. It makes sense the economy is gonna be all goofed up.