Path of Exile

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Spent a couple hours dicking around in PoB trying to make a flicker strike build with debeon's dirge and after quickly half assing a couple things, the one it looks like is going to win is a Slayer with The Red Trail boots... assuming I can get a pair. Infinite pursuit is selling for 1alch but blessings are stupidly expensive. 106 point build had it at like 186% life with 2 extra jewel sockets and +2 max frenzies, with every level after 83 being able to go into either 5% life nodes or small trips to other jewels or whatever else seems nice at the time that is close. Depending on how easy frenzy charge maintenance is with red trail (will I end up able to perma-spam it even in boss fights?) I could possibly drop the 2 max frenzies and put those 4 points into life or whatever too but i'm not sure i'll get hit frequently enough by single targets for that. Mana should be fine to run herald of ice and 2 curses on blasphemy (frostbite and maybe poachers mark or enduring cry depending) if I get a +1 amulet or can wiggle a doedre ring in without losing too much. Will have to keep tinkering with it a bit tomorrow.

TLDR; I need a blessing of uul-netol =(.

Why not just use Oro's Sacrifice? Would recommend it if going Flicker Slayer.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Callous Mask? Definitely looking for that one after a hopeful price drop this week. Pseudo 6 link! Game needs more of this stuff.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
For the briefest of moments this morning during my morning commute I tried to mentally click on a road sign that had the same border/color as a chaos orb.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have a ton of yellow maps and will continue to have them if anyone needs a map pool boost.

Tuco Tuco nice, the addiction is setting in nicely

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks; just read the vendor recipe page....so at low lvls should i mass store items and turn a shit ton in trying to get some of the multiple turn in recipes at vendors or not worth the time until higher level (looked like some werent tied to item lvl but also have no clue how rare the currency they give is either). Definitely more complex haha but thats good. Wish Grim Dawn had the online aspect; but this looks like a fun game to stratch the loot itch. Been watching MU Legends but being korean.....not holding my breath so might as well fill in breaks for when i get suspended in smite with this.

Nah, too much inventory tetris with almost no payoff. I just have one tab with all the crap ilvl60+ amulets/rings/belts, and once I have enough for a few sets I start collecting crap 2Hs/armors/helms/gloves/boots and turn them all in for chaos/regal orbs.
%q flasks and gems are worth keeping, of course (bauble and GCP recipes).

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Just FYI, in case other people forgot like I did, Ice Bite support is now a great way to generate Frenzies instead of Blood Rage. I've never liked Blood Rage + VP and Ice Bite is decently competitive DPS wise with other supports. Scion Raider ascendancy + Ice Bite support is a good alternative to the frenzy arm of the ranger ascendancy. Now, does 50% less elemental reflect beat elemental status ailment immunity?

Shattering enemies, so pleasing.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
So i'm actually stupid and forgot that slayer ascendency makes you immune to bleed, rip my idea since red trail needs you to bleed. I was originally trying to set it up with raider, might have to mess with it again on the passive tree without stacking as many frenzy charges as I did the first time (ended up coming up way short of where I wanted to be on life first time).

I wanted to make ice bite work for it but it's like the 5th best dps option I found according to PoB and I only had like 34% chance to freeze in the build if using it (10 from gem, 10 from passives, 14 from frostbite).

Last edited:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
All right bros, I have about 50 chaos orbs that I've somewhat slowly farmed up, please give me some generic advice on where to focus next!

Here's my profile:
View Profile - Path of Exile - jimmyw404

I'm mostly following this guide:
Forum - Ranger - [3.0 UPDATED!!] Sidefx Frost Blades - 80% cold pen, Insane clear speed All CONTENT "cheap" - Path of Exile

But there's a ton of small variations out there that I'm looking at.

The big ticket items I have on my list to buy are:
1. A touch of anguish or two (53c each)
2. A 6L chest (about 50 for a rare, non-corrupted version)

A smaller ticket item is to balance my cold resist (150 atm!) by replacing some cold resist items with chaos resist and crit.

Build wise I'm currently working on getting a bunch of crit nodes and generally just copying the tree from my previous link. I kind of want to try out acrobatics and Vaal Pact to see how they treat me. If I got Vaal Pact and a few lifeleech items it seems really powerful, but people don't seem to be going that route much so there's probably something I'm missing.

Difficulty wise I'm cutting through tier 8 rare maps without much issue, but I'm going through them fairly deliberately both to avoid deaths from the fact that I'm learning and also to train myself to play correctly. I have to try pretty hard on bosses but rarely die. Elemental reflect maps are difficult (but kinda fun). My typical cycle is to whirlwind to a group of mobs, pump one frostblade, drop ancestral protector, pop flasks (I have one key that hits all four), pump another frostblade, drop frostbomb, and then frostblade them down. A small group doesn't get ancestral protector / frostbomb.

I also added vaal haste to my setup last night.

I'm currently running a fairly defensive aura setup, using blasphemy+enfeeble, Arctic Armor and Herald of Ice. When I start repeating maps instead of progressing through the Atlas I'll likely get more offensive (herald of ice + assassin's mark, hatred).

1. What do you guys think I should spend my hard-earned chaos on first (6L or touch of anguish or something else). It feels like both should steadily drop over the next week, I'm not sure what items will maintain their value.
2. Anything I should tweak on my build?
3. Any gameplay element I'm missing?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
All right bros, I have about 50 chaos orbs that I've somewhat slowly farmed up, please give me some generic advice on where to focus next!

Here's my profile:

Forum - Ranger - [3.0 UPDATED!!] Sidefx Frost Blades - 80% cold pen, Insane clear speed All CONTENT "cheap" - Path of Exile

A smaller ticket item is to balance my cold resist (150 atm!) by replacing some cold resist items with chaos resist and crit.

Build wise I'm currently working on getting a bunch of crit nodes and generally just copying the tree from my previous link. I kind of want to try out acrobatics and Vaal Pact to see how they treat me. If I got Vaal Pact and a few lifeleech items it seems really powerful, but people don't seem to be going that route much so there's probably something I'm missing.

Difficulty wise I'm cutting through tier 8 rare maps without much issue, but I'm going through them fairly deliberately both to avoid deaths from the fact that I'm learning and also to train myself to play correctly. I have to try pretty hard on bosses but rarely die. Elemental reflect maps are difficult (but kinda fun). My typical cycle is to whirlwind to a group of mobs, pump one frostblade, drop ancestral protector, pop flasks (I have one key that hits all four), pump another frostblade, drop frostbomb, and then frostblade them down. A small group doesn't get ancestral protector / frostbomb.

I'm currently running a fairly defensive aura setup, using blasphemy+enfeeble, Arctic Armor and Herald of Ice. When I start repeating maps instead of progressing through the Atlas I'll likely get more offensive (herald of ice + assassin's mark, hatred).

1. What do you guys think I should spend my hard-earned chaos on first (6L or touch of anguish or something else)

6 link and then a helmet with enchant will probably be the best bang for your buck.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not that I give a shit but this is a bannable offense.
How often do casual people get banned for just that?

I've been in EQ multi-boxing world for so long so my perception is probably skewed but the idea of not being able to multi-bind is crazy to me.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I was under the impression that almost any kind of elemental attack build is better and cheaper with Inquisitor for whatever that is worth. Saw that comment under tons of builds.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I was under the impression that almost any kind of elemental attack build is better and cheaper with Inquisitor for whatever that is worth. Saw that comment under tons of builds.
I'm no expert but I believe what makes this build work with ranger is that +phys damage is converted 100% into cold, so all the +phys stuff in the rangerish area helps cold out.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider

Here's my profile:

1. What do you guys think I should spend my hard-earned chaos on first (6L or touch of anguish or something else). It feels like both should steadily drop over the next week, I'm not sure what items will maintain their value.
My char, basically Mathil's take on the build. Dreamfeathers are 20-25c now. t10 are piss easy, a bit slower on bosses, I just don't run ele reflect, it's the only mod I avoid.

View Profile - Path of Exile - klickercz

6link isn't in my opinion particularly strong, weapons are the most important. Helmet enchant is gonna be expensive as fuck, especially if you have to craft the helmet yourself. Starkonja's decent. Enchant your ring. Your amulet could be easily upgraded.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm no expert but I believe what makes this build work with ranger is that +phys damage is converted 100% into cold, so all the +phys stuff in the rangerish area helps cold out.
I think you are right

just what I read from very neck bearded posters