Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Corrupted 6L of the colors I want with no resists and decent life(65) costs 40C. My tabula cost 15c. It's a decent upgrade path to consider, but I wouldn't put any major chaos into it until your 6L colors are pretty set and the rest of your upgrades cost many more chaos.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The problem with corrupted 6link body armors is when you need a good end game item. Sure, you can search for one that has life and no resists but the right colors, but what happens when you find a huge dps upgrade piece of jewelry and you can't use it because you need those 170 resists each of your jewelry has on it just to try staying capped? You saved a few chaos on your chest and you are deadlocked into the rest of your gear now. And anything corrupted that has decent stats costs almost as much as a non-corrupt one.
I'm using a Belly no matter what, and Tuco's build calls for the same. Most people seem to consider rare chests dead in the new life meta unless you have one that's like mirror quality. Otherwise it's just a stepping-stone to your unique 6L (or Kaom's).

Re: Penetration - I'm basing it on PoB calcs for both bosses and trash.

Vorph

Corrupted 6L of the colors I want with no resists and decent life(65) costs 40C. My tabula cost 15c. It's a decent upgrade path to consider, but I wouldn't put any major chaos into it until your 6L colors are pretty set and the rest of your upgrades cost many more chaos.
Yeah, it's something you want to setup a live search in poeapp.com and wait for a good one to pop. I've seen ~80-100 life (counting str) chests for 15-20c.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Eh, 40% belly gives my scion 273 life more than my current chest (126 life), for about 8-12x the cost (cheapest 40% 6link I can see on poe.trade atm is 650c, then 750c 17ex and 20ex) and belly also has shit evasion (or total armor if you using iron reflexes). I paid 74c for my chest and spent 15c rolling it to what it is now. Not to mention you're in for an expensive chrome run if you need something like 4b on your links.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Been crushing with the Sunder Glad build. Cruising my way up through Act 9 currently. When I finish up act 10 I'm thinking about jumping to SSF hardcore with the same build or something slightly modified for more HP since DPS seems OK. My only hesitation is I have died twice from instagibbs and I don't even know what it was exactly that killed me while sporting max resists.

Also how useful is rampage? I found a biscos leash that I have been using and the procs seem great while leveling since it hasn't interfered with resists. The lack of +life is butt though.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Been crushing with the Sunder Glad build. Cruising my way up through Act 9 currently. When I finish up act 10 I'm thinking about jumping to SSF hardcore with the same build or something slightly modified for more HP since DPS seems OK. My only hesitation is I have died twice from instagibbs and I don't even know what it was exactly that killed me while sporting max resists.

Also how useful is rampage? I found a biscos leash that I have been using and the procs seem great while leveling since it hasn't interfered with resists. The lack of +life is butt though.
HC SSF is pretty brutal if you ever plan to do any kind of lategame or even the league challenges. If you can throw the time at it, sure you will probably learn a lot, but personally I find HC too frustrating, not to mention every once in a while you can get fucked by crashes or lag. You can't really judge a build before you hit 70+, where majority of the good items become usable, not to mention full ascendancies.

Vorph Vorph corrupted 6L isn't endgame solution, it's between your dream chest and Tabula. Sure it's a bit better, but you will be always looking forward to something more.

Vorph

Eh, 40% belly gives my scion 273 life more than my current chest (126 life), for about 8-12x the cost (cheapest 40% 6link I can see on poe.trade atm is 650c, then 750c 17ex and 20ex) and belly also has shit evasion (or total armor if you using iron reflexes). I paid 74c for my chest and spent 15c rolling it to what it is now. Not to mention you're in for an expensive chrome run if you need something like 4b on your links.
I paid 105c for my 40% Belly because it was already 6S (I figure that's about 20-25c worth of jews on average), just a matter of time before I 6L it myself. Or ragequit out of frustration like I have every other time I have tried making a 6L myself; you know, whichever comes first. :D Colors were easy, GGGGRB, so it took like 3 chromes for that.

Belly gives me a total of 616 life right now. More once I get the last jewel node and set of life nodes, assuming I level to 94+.

Vorph Vorph corrupted 6L isn't endgame solution, it's between your dream chest and Tabula. Sure it's a bit better, but you will be always looking forward to something more.
Right, that's exactly what I was saying.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
That sounds interesting. Got a build you'd recommend? Currently working on a contagion trickster build thats pretty cool but wouldnt be opposed to trying a pet build.

Forum - Witch - [3.0] Skeleton Mage build. 7 aura necromancer can both solo endgame maps and support party play - Path of Exile

Biggest items needed are the Skeleton Mage Jewels (8c or so a pop), Victario's Chest (1c if you 6 slots yourself, no links needed), and Queen's Decree/Escape (25c for me at the time at 6 socket 4 link, probably fluxes heavily). The To Dust jewels were around 25-30c a piece but honestly those feel end game lvl 85+ and can be saved up for one at a time while getting 20 quality aura gems is a good investment for the boosted range. I do run one violent dead jewel for the zombie slam cooldown plus minion damage and you even get one from story act quests. Getting a 5 link weapon with 2G 3B would be optimal if anything, I'm trying for 6 link but not having spell echo on the mages makes them come a bit slower since you don't get 2 per cast which lets me drop all 10 out in under 3 seconds.

The guardian is super fucking tanky with those items I listed plus all those juicy aura buffs, mines at 13k hp and I've yet to see his hp bar move. The lvl 1 clarity gem is important for the ascendacy buff as all your chest slotted buffs won't apply.

I'm adjusting the final 4 link item to maybe something else, I didn't like having leap slam + faster attacks since it still felt incredibly slow. Probably Vaal Haste - Vaal Skeleton - Increased Duration or maybe toy around with setting up a curse on hit. Also get some flasks with instant recovery on low life, no life regen requires you to pay attention a bit more to your life but haven't had trouble with a couple of those running in case I zone out.

Last edited:

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
HC SSF is pretty brutal if you ever plan to do any kind of lategame or even the league challenges. If you can throw the time at it, sure you will probably learn a lot, but personally I find HC too frustrating, not to mention every once in a while you can get fucked by crashes or lag. You can't really judge a build before you hit 70+, where majority of the good items become usable, not to mention full ascendancies.

Well the only uniques that are useful are koams/belly and they aren't even necessary per se. Just at min 5L and a couple of 4L based off of the hardcore builds into the L85+ range I've looked at. Watching nugi do a scion totem build and he's up to L92 on ssf hc, but it looks boringly safe. The L90+ game seems to be about the point I get bored like I was in D3 with high level grifts =O

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Upped Cold resist to 50% and found a new weapon. That cured everything. I was at 730ish DPS and now over 1200.
I also added the Neversink filter which is awesome.

What level do you start spending/using Chaos orbs and other higher level currency? 80?

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Upped Cold resist to 50% and found a new weapon. That cured everything. I was at 730ish DPS and now over 1200.
I also added the Neversink filter which is awesome.

What level do you start spending/using Chaos orbs and other higher level currency? 80?

What level are you? That sheet DPS seems super low if you're above L25-30.

And if you're playing softcore league. You can get upgrades for as low as 1 alch or chaos that will skyrocket your DPS/health/resists.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm level 50 now, Harbinger league.

This is what I've got, it's killing things quickly again with Sunder.

PoE DPS.png

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Oh that's your main auto. Highlight your sunder skill. I think mine at your level was around 9k-10k.

Just go to poe.trade and look for items to get your resists to cap and +life.

Should have at least a 4 link attached to your sunder, 5L is ideal.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Spent most of the day working on swapping to blade vortex from storm burst (and bumming regrets off anyone I could!), think i'm finally fairly set now, respecced a few to get 2nd curse for ele weakness and dropped herald of ice. PoB showing me somewhere around 100k effective on blade vortex now with 20 blades and it feels a lot better than storm burst even with my janky subpar build and gear. Probably just gonna work on farming up enough to start my next char at this point since I don't know that I want to invest a ton into a mediocre BV char.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well the only uniques that are useful are koams/belly and they aren't even necessary per se. Just at min 5L and a couple of 4L based off of the hardcore builds into the L85+ range I've looked at. Watching nugi do a scion totem build and he's up to L92 on ssf hc, but it looks boringly safe. The L90+ game seems to be about the point I get bored like I was in D3 with high level grifts =O
Streamers make this game look easy but really it's anything but if you haven't sunk in hundreds and thousands of hours. 90+ is where most people reroll, but to get there with your first character is very optimistic, especially in ssf hc and it still takes 30-50 hours.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I paid 105c for my 40% Belly because it was already 6S (I figure that's about 20-25c worth of jews on average), just a matter of time before I 6L it myself. Or ragequit out of frustration like I have every other time I have tried making a 6L myself; you know, whichever comes first. :D Colors were easy, GGGGRB, so it took like 3 chromes for that.

Belly gives me a total of 616 life right now. More once I get the last jewel node and set of life nodes, assuming I level to 94+.

Right, that's exactly what I was saying.
I've been thinking about this a little. With the odds of getting a 6L being like 1/1000, it seems much less maddening to save up the fusings to get 1500 and pay Vorici to do it. Or maybe not, I dunno. I imagine I'll be trying to 6L something like the Belly soon and am really hesitant to play the 1/1000 game. I bet I'd get a 5L and give up :D

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don't know why people don't suggest this more often, but if you know exactly what gems you're going to use you really should search for a 6L correctly-colored corrupted chest. While I'm waiting for RNGesus to finally 6L my Belly, I sorted out all my resists on other gear and then just search for a chest like that with as much life as possible, and ignore all the other stats.

That said, I'd be careful with colors for that build. Damage on Full Life seems like a huge noob-trap to me. There's no way that gem is remotely comparable to alternatives like Cold Pen, Ice Bite, etc., especially against bosses where it really matters. I'd probably shoot for a GGGRRR chest, since I also think crit/crit mult gems are pretty meh after the nerfs.
Good point, I'll keep an eye out.

And I agree on the damage on full life. Right now I steadily cut through maps without much issue, but have to really try to avoid dying against the boss where I spend much of my time low on health.

However, if I was focusing on clearing easy maps and not trying to progress a little beyond my reach I could definitely see getting damage on full life.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone know at what range Far Shot gives its full 30% more? And how does it work for a skill like Tornado Shot's secondary projectiles?

If you can get Far Shot's full bonus most of the time, Lioneye's Glare comes kinda close to Doomfletch's Prism. Maybe a difference of 10%. Which might be worth it in the end because Lioneye's doesn't care about accuracy and does not overly emphasize added phys. Only downside, besides the dps difference, is that Lioneye's can make use of Taste of Hate where Doomfletch is pretty meh on it. So now you have to pick between 6 flasks: Wise Oak, Atziri's Promise, Taste of Hate, Dying Sun, Quicksilver, and Diamond.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
6L on less than 100 fusings. Yea I hate myself too. I've fucked my luck for the season now. Thanks game.

• 1Worf