Path of Exile

jeydax

Death and Taxes
How often do casual people get banned for just that?

I've been in EQ multi-boxing world for so long so my perception is probably skewed but the idea of not being able to multi-bind is crazy to me.

I don't know of anyone being banned for it but just wanted to at least inform you.

dF07uPd.jpg

Some people are douche bags, though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
My char, basically Mathil's take on the build. Dreamfeathers are 20-25c now. t10 are piss easy, a bit slower on bosses, I just don't run ele reflect, it's the only mod I avoid.

View Profile - Path of Exile - klickercz

6link isn't in my opinion particularly strong, weapons are the most important. Helmet enchant is gonna be expensive as fuck, especially if you have to craft the helmet yourself. Starkonja's decent. Enchant your ring. Your amulet could be easily upgraded.

helmet enchants aren't that bad this league since everyone and their mama decided to run uber to make money.

I got a +40 sunder damage for like 40-50c (can't remember exactly).

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Frostblades is pseudo ranged, so you might be able to get away with a tabula rasa instead of paying for a 6L that's actually worth a damn(high life and resists). Assuming you cap your resists elsewhere, a decent life chest will end up costing you ~300HP in the end. You might be able to live with that.

I'm not sure I'd bother with chaos resist.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Finally got skelly mage auramancer running and definitely the funnest build I've played yet. I'll have to see how it plays out in later maps as ice cascade miner with a 4 link carried me into t13ish so far. Hardest item to get was a 6 socket Queen's Escape with the right colors on it, picked one up for 25c all blue/green just have to 6 link it now. Found the playstyle to be way better then baron zombies as you can surround bosses with the mages and they have around two screens of range, also enjoying popping vaal skeleton and having another 30 of my boys show up and shit stomp bosses in.

Gonna setup animated guardian shenanigans with some of those cheap aura boosting uniques. It was around 1c and 4 alchs total for the whole set, would have to feel out maps and bosses with it but if it dies no major loss unless you go full whaling retard and give it a kingmaker for the culling strike aura it now has.

That sounds interesting. Got a build you'd recommend? Currently working on a contagion trickster build thats pretty cool but wouldnt be opposed to trying a pet build.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My char, basically Mathil's take on the build. Dreamfeathers are 20-25c now. t10 are piss easy, a bit slower on bosses, I just don't run ele reflect, it's the only mod I avoid.

View Profile - Path of Exile - klickercz

6link isn't in my opinion particularly strong, weapons are the most important. Helmet enchant is gonna be expensive as fuck, especially if you have to craft the helmet yourself. Starkonja's decent. Enchant your ring. Your amulet could be easily upgraded.
Question on Queen of the Forest, and evasion in general:

Given that evasion doesn't mitigate damage but avoids it, if you stack evasion aren't you still at risk of being one shot?

Or are one-shot abilities almost always avoidable, and you only need to worry about steady damage from different sources so the difference between mitigation and evasion averages out quickly?

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm at level 48 on my Slayer. Just got to act 6 I think it is, the Mud Flats. Suddenly I'm getting stomped on by larger packs of regular mobs + a Elite or whatever the Orange ones are. Not the Harbingers the named mobs. I took a quick look and my Resists are not as good as I thought, Cold specifically was only 30% so I'm trying to up that. Up til this point I was facerolling everything but I sort of just did a speedier run through Act 5 I think, not stopping to kill everything so maybe I was only facerolling because I outleveled everything by a fair bit.

Any tips on what I should be doing here. Run some other things to over level the area? Do I need to decide on Evasion or Armor as a Duelist? I'm right in the middle of a big Life node cluster in the skill tree so working on that but I'm at about 2000 life right now and a small energy shield.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm guessing the scorching ray totems are killing you. They're a complete pain in the ass for melee. You don't have to deal with them for much longer though.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Question on Queen of the Forest, and evasion in general:

Given that evasion doesn't mitigate damage but avoids it, if you stack evasion aren't you still at risk of being one shot?

Or are one-shot abilities almost always avoidable, and you only need to worry about steady damage from different sources so the difference between mitigation and evasion averages out quickly?
I wouldn't play it in HC, but unless you run some brutal dmg mods, it's generally fine. A death here or there can and will happen, but you can generally improve on that. Still, this isn't by any means Guardian/Shaper slaying build. Really, it's all tailored towards map clearing, which it does admirably.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm guessing the scorching ray totems are killing you. They're a complete pain in the ass for melee. You don't have to deal with them for much longer though.

That could well be it. I'm in a pack and suddenly HP drops to near zero and if I'm not quick enough i'm dead. Thanks will look and see if that's what it is.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'm at level 48 on my Slayer. Just got to act 6 I think it is, the Mud Flats. Suddenly I'm getting stomped on by larger packs of regular mobs + a Elite or whatever the Orange ones are. Not the Harbingers the named mobs. I took a quick look and my Resists are not as good as I thought, Cold specifically was only 30% so I'm trying to up that. Up til this point I was facerolling everything but I sort of just did a speedier run through Act 5 I think, not stopping to kill everything so maybe I was only facerolling because I outleveled everything by a fair bit.

Any tips on what I should be doing here. Run some other things to over level the area? Do I need to decide on Evasion or Armor as a Duelist? I'm right in the middle of a big Life node cluster in the skill tree so working on that but I'm at about 2000 life right now and a small energy shield.

Keep going, start grabbing defensive nodes and attempt to fix resists. Deaths pre lvl 80 aren't really a big deal.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah act 6 was fairly tough for my char, not quite as bad as 5 was. Act 7 things got easier and then 8-10 were cakewalks. The scorching ray totems really hurt if you're not levelling a twinked 2nd+ char.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
2. A 6L chest (about 50 for a rare, non-corrupted version)

I don't know why people don't suggest this more often, but if you know exactly what gems you're going to use you really should search for a 6L correctly-colored corrupted chest. While I'm waiting for RNGesus to finally 6L my Belly, I sorted out all my resists on other gear and then just search for a chest like that with as much life as possible, and ignore all the other stats.

That said, I'd be careful with colors for that build. Damage on Full Life seems like a huge noob-trap to me. There's no way that gem is remotely comparable to alternatives like Cold Pen, Ice Bite, etc., especially against bosses where it really matters. I'd probably shoot for a GGGRRR chest, since I also think crit/crit mult gems are pretty meh after the nerfs.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Before they nerfed Wards, A5 was worse. Debris limiting paths, proximity shields, and spectral throw often meant melee characters were forced into the path of 5+ axes. Pretty stupid.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I don't know why people don't suggest this more often, but if you know exactly what gems you're going to use you really should search for a 6L correctly-colored corrupted chest. While I'm waiting for RNGesus to finally 6L my Belly, I sorted out all my resists on other gear and then just search for a chest like that with as much life as possible, and ignore all the other stats.

That said, I'd be careful with colors for that build. Damage on Full Life seems like a huge noob-trap to me. There's no way that gem is remotely comparable to alternatives like Cold Pen, Ice Bite, etc., especially against bosses where it really matters. I'd probably shoot for a GGGRRR chest, since I also think crit/crit mult gems are pretty meh after the nerfs.

Damage on full life is god tier for leach / phys builds. It adds 'more' damage vs increased damage. But ya, elemental builds penetration is king.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
The problem with corrupted 6link body armors is when you need a good end game item. Sure, you can search for one that has life and no resists but the right colors, but what happens when you find a huge dps upgrade piece of jewelry and you can't use it because you need those 170 resists each of your jewelry has on it just to try staying capped? You saved a few chaos on your chest and you are deadlocked into the rest of your gear now. And anything corrupted that has decent stats costs almost as much as a non-corrupt one.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It still seems like something really hard to quantify. I'm leeching a shitload too with an ST build, but my hp constantly goes down and back up to full while killing a boss. I don't play Frost Blades though so I'll take your word for it.

And actually penetration doesn't come close to making the cut in my elemental ST gem link. ST / GMP(Slower Proj for boss) / WED / Added Lightning / Added Cold / Ice Bite wins out and I think Lightning Pen was below one of the crit gems even.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I got my Facebreaker's last night at level 25 and first zone to progress through was the Caverns in Act II. So broke in the Facebreakers by walking through a cave punching bears. Quite thematic :p

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
What are you basing your calculation that pen sucks on? Also depends on what your damage numbers are. If you're doing 5k cold and 5k lightning (you have 2 cold gems on your 6link) then of course lightning pen won't help as much since it's only half your damage, but if you are doing 40k lightning and 5k cold that's a different story.