Path of Exile

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
fuuuuck yeah, got that 6 link after scrapping all the random shit I had to sell in my stash. I think I did it in 500 fusing at least!

Last edited:

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
IMO (and probably a lot of peoples opinion) core malachai is (usually) a harder fight than any of the guardians.

As for monster hp, unless something has changed (and I doubt it) it gets calculated when you get within a certain range of the monster that "spawns" it, based on how many people are around. It does not change if people die or leave the range.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Question:

I have 7k health, 20% phys reduction and pretty good damage (can kill kaom in T15 in around 5 seconds).

Can I
a) do guardians
b) do uber atziri
c) do shaper

Obviously I know I can do them with good play, but I'm just wondering my margin of error. What is the difficulty curve in the above?

a) Yep. They aren't that bad once you learn what things that you can facetank and what things you need to dodge
b) This fight is all about chaotic mechanics and dodging. Think regular atziri except much faster everything.
c) This fight I find health means the least. Mostly because you don't really get hit by anything in the fight. Anything that does hit you will 1 shot you for the most part...although his balls you might survive with 7k hp. This is definitely my fave for best boss fight in the game. Shaper beam is soooooooooooooooo cooooooool. I would pay so much money for that MTX.

d) as Zog mentioned before, if you've never done the fights before, you will die. Took me 4 shaper sets before I beat him the first time. I did it blind the first time(more like 95% blind, I've seen some silly gifs of him and the two-shaper phase). At the time 4 sets was 240c in Legacy. Thankfully dropped the flask and made all my money back and then some. Uber Atziri took me two sets. Easier to learn cause you can practice normal Atziri, but man if you can't instantly blow up an image during the split phase...dodging all the shit they throw at you is some cheek clenching experience, especially as melee.

tl:dr prepare to spend money

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Uber lab really makes maps feel worthless outside the guardians/shaper/atziri, made 4 exalts and 90c today after 13 runs from gear and currency drops. Think might grab a Starforge though seems they haven't come down in price all week.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Someone recommend me a damage while moving build. It seems standing still is the death of me. I thought trying a ranged non multistrike build would help. But I still just end up in situations where if I stop to blink arrow, I stop leeching and die. Probably my fault, but I do feel the game should be a bit more forging than that.

I've played ngamahu cyclone, decent enough but the skill still suffers from not being channeled. Was think righteous fire.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
180 Jeweller's and 27 fusings later.

This is me right now.

mRageSN.png

Thought about just selling it now but probably just worth to hang onto and use it to get more dosh so I can try golemancer this season.

Last edited:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Someone recommend me a damage while moving build. It seems standing still is the death of me. I thought trying a ranged non multistrike build would help. But I still just end up in situations where if I stop to blink arrow, I stop leeching and die. Probably my fault, but I do feel the game should be a bit more forging than that.

I've played ngamahu cyclone, decent enough but the skill still suffers from not being channeled. Was think righteous fire.

Zerk RF is amazing.

• 1Like

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I'm I noob or is this something new? I've ran dailies now for about 6 months and I've never seen this before:

I ran a Zana daily where the map modifier was that no items drop, but map experience was increased by 329%. I've never seen that before! And if looked like more than 329% because the map was a level 74 map, I'm level 87, so it should have given me around 3-4% exp for a full map clear, but I ended up getting 17% total, which was sweet.

Wish I could mod maps like this myself lol, would certainly help with levelling.

Intropy

Shit Gamer
I'm I noob or is this something new? I've ran dailies now for about 6 months and I've never seen this before:

I ran a Zana daily where the map modifier was that no items drop, but map experience was increased by 329%. I've never seen that before! And if looked like more than 329% because the map was a level 74 map, I'm level 87, so it should have given me around 3-4% exp for a full map clear, but I ended up getting 17% total, which was sweet.

Wish I could mod maps like this myself lol, would certainly help with levelling.

I think sometimes Zana dailies give a unique map from the Atlas, so the mod was probably from the map, not from Zana - could be mistaken tho

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider

Untainted Paradise, it's a unique map accessible only through Zana. Great for leveling, some leagues had clearing it as a challenge, but I don't think it's on the unique map challenge in Harbinger.

• 1Like

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
I got to Act 10 and beat it - now I am able to do maps. Is there a quick reference on how I should do these or is it impossible for me to fuck it up?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I got to Act 10 and beat it - now I am able to do maps. Is there a quick reference on how I should do these or is it impossible for me to fuck it up?
1-5 can be run as blue, unidentified are +40% MF
6-10 are best run as yellow
by the time you get to 11+, you will have this shit down.

Just keep in mind your resists just got nerfed, so gear accordingly.

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
1-5 can be run as blue, unidentified are +40% MF
6-10 are best run as yellow
by the time you get to 11+, you will have this shit down.

Just keep in mind your resists just got nerfed, so gear accordingly.

Thanks. So can I just run all the tier 1 maps I have and not worry about any negative effects? Or should I focus on a certain type?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thanks. So can I just run all the tier 1 maps I have and not worry about any negative effects? Or should I focus on a certain type?
Run each of them once as magic or better, then only run Jungle Valley until you run out of them. When you're out of JVs and still get decent xp (max L77) from T1's run whatever Deserts you have. Stop running T1s at 78 and move on to T2 (same deal, do each once, then stick to Oasis and Beach for xp). Each level past that you should try to move up a tier, maps permitting, so that you maintain 90+% gain for as long as possible. Eventually this will not be sustainable, since at L86 even T10's only give 83.3%. Even earlier than that it's probably better to stick with good T6-7 maps despite the drop in XP since you'll probably clear them faster and with less risk of death.

Remember for T6 and beyond you need to roll the maps rare in order to get bonus credit on your atlas. I recommend buying all the cheap unique maps off poeapp/poe.trade too whenever you can spare the 1-5 chaos for them.

Once you start getting Shaper Orbs be very careful where you place them as that's the first thing you can screw up and it's quite expensive to fix.

Uber lab really makes maps feel worthless outside the guardians/shaper/atziri, made 4 exalts and 90c today after 13 runs from gear and currency drops. Think might grab a Starforge though seems they haven't come down in price all week.
This is my current dilemma. I hit 90 and started clearing out all my offerings by doing max key uberlab runs, and it's so much more rewarding than maps that it is hard to go back and try to level some more. Especially since I'm getting an offering out of one of the end chests about 2/3 of the time. I'll probably stick with this until I can finance enough sextants, chisels, and other map-rolling currency to go all the way to ~98.

I did that sextant block I was talking about on Friday and I still can't seem to break 60M xp/hour with only 1 sextant applied to Racecourse or Primordial Pool. I don't know what the expected norm is, but it seems like I need to bump it up to 2-3 good-mod sextants being applied to each map in order to really do well in xp, and that shit gets crazy expensive when you're chiseling and rolling the map for pack size too.

Last edited:

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I'm really liking the leveling so far. Kudos to GGG for making it so enjoyable. Even though I didn't mind the old way of doing the same acts three times this is so much better. For some reason I despised the leveling in D3 whether I did it story or adventure mode. I was to a point if I couldn't get a quick power level in D3 I wouldn't play that season. But in PoE I could run the same acts over and over and it never bothered me like it did in D3.

I'm leveling a life based scorching ray then switching to low life(shavs) righteous fire/scorching ray build when I meet the level requirements. Saw two streamers playing this build with minor variations and both were facerolling the content. Then I'm thinking about going duelist bladeflurry or spectral throw elemental raider afterward.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Run each of them once as magic or better, then only run Jungle Valley until you run out of them. When you're out of JVs and still get decent xp (max L77) from T1's run whatever Deserts you have. Stop running T1s at 78 and move on to T2 (same deal, do each once, then stick to Oasis and Beach for xp). Each level past that you should try to move up a tier, maps permitting, so that you maintain 90+% gain for as long as possible. Eventually this will not be sustainable, since at L86 even T10's only give 83.3%. Even earlier than that it's probably better to stick with good T6-7 maps despite the drop in XP since you'll probably clear them faster and with less risk of death.

Remember for T6 and beyond you need to roll the maps rare in order to get bonus credit on your atlas. I recommend buying all the cheap unique maps off poeapp/poe.trade too whenever you can spare the 1-5 chaos for them.

Once you start getting Shaper Orbs be very careful where you place them as that's the first thing you can screw up and it's quite expensive to fix.

This is my current dilemma. I hit 90 and started clearing out all my offerings by doing max key uberlab runs, and it's so much more rewarding than maps that it is hard to go back and try to level some more. Especially since I'm getting an offering out of one of the end chests about 2/3 of the time. I'll probably stick with this until I can finance enough sextants, chisels, and other map-rolling currency to go all the way to ~98.

I did that sextant block I was talking about on Friday and I still can't seem to break 60M xp/hour with only 1 sextant applied to Racecourse or Primordial Pool. I don't know what the expected norm is, but it seems like I need to bump it up to 2-3 good-mod sextants being applied to each map in order to really do well in xp, and that shit gets crazy expensive when you're chiseling and rolling the map for pack size too.
Just running t1s until 78 is going to suck balls, if he is new, he needs to explore the maps a bit. Sure it's not as effective, but unlocking Atlas over time is much more fun than trading for maps or being at the mercy of RNG once you actually start going up.

There's been a lot of talk how the endgame has been nerfed, between harbingers being kinda shit, density on almost every open map slashed, bosses still underwhelming, the lab has been the only place to escape nerfs. How long ?

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I guess it depends on what level he's starting at. I was like 73.something I think and it wasn't bad at all. It was also still pretty early in the league so people weren't giving away tons of T1-5 maps for free yet. I suppose at this point you could easily ask for help in guild and probably get handed all the maps you need to run 99+% all the way to 80, maybe even 82, and never really need to run a single tier for more than 1-1.5 levels.

As for uberlab, seeing as I plan to start next league with a build capable of trivializing it with far less gear and levels than my current one did, I assume that's when they will nerf it into the ground.