Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What do caster builds use for single target? I want a barrage or molten strike, like bow and melee builds get.

Almost 82 with my bow character and I haven't felt the need to spec into VP yet. Reminds me how much this game fucks melee. I think I'm going to stick to melee skills that are either also movement skills(flicker strike, cyclone) or pseudo ranged(sunder, lacerate). Wonder what that actually leaves.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
What do caster builds use for single target? I want a barrage or molten strike, like bow and melee builds get.

Almost 82 with my bow character and I haven't felt the need to spec into VP yet. Reminds me how much this game fucks melee. I think I'm going to stick to melee skills that are either also movement skills(flicker strike, cyclone) or pseudo ranged(sunder, lacerate). Wonder what that actually leaves.

Maybe you can shoot out Ancestral Warchief totems...best of both worlds.

Speaking of which, I started a AW Marauder (Facebreaker) still pretty low (level 50ish). I don't have the $$$ for a Tukohama's Fortress, but I had a Skirmish Quiver in the bank. Totally un-optimized, but for now, having 3 AW Totems up just melt bosses.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I 'finally' (to be fair it only took 15 fusings last night on top of the 450-500 I had already spent, but it sure felt like a 'finally' when it was consuming every bit of currency I picked up) 6L'ed my 40% Belly last night.

Now I'd like to set up a sextant block because even with a pile of maps Korrupt Korrupt gave me I'm still only hitting ~45M xp/hr with zero deaths and barely stopping to do anything in between them. I'm still not sure I've 100% got the hang of it. Is this a correct layout for sextant blocking both Racecourse and Primordial Pool?

sextants.png
Bad mods on Crystal Ore, Acid Lakes, Channel, Factory, and Mesa; good mods on Waste Pool and Pit. Do I need to apply the bad mods in a specific order, or is it just adjacent to good then adjacent to first round of bads?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Holy crap I just got that exception spam for the first time today (didn't get it last night after work). That is extremely annoying.

Vorph

I do, but I won't be home until around 7 EDT. Haku is really easy to level so you'll probably find someone else without any trouble, but if not @Felicia_Fancybottom later on.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I 'finally' (to be fair it only took 15 fusings last night on top of the 450-500 I had already spent, but it sure felt like a 'finally' when it was consuming every bit of currency I picked up) 6L'ed my 40% Belly last night.

Now I'd like to set up a sextant block because even with a pile of maps Korrupt Korrupt gave me I'm still only hitting ~45M xp/hr with zero deaths and barely stopping to do anything in between them. I'm still not sure I've 100% got the hang of it. Is this a correct layout for sextant blocking both Racecourse and Primordial Pool?

Bad mods on Crystal Ore, Acid Lakes, Channel, Factory, and Mesa; good mods on Waste Pool and Pit. Do I need to apply the bad mods in a specific order, or is it just adjacent to good then adjacent to first round of bads?

Looks good maybe even too far south blocking but it still works. If you think in just one layer it's easier, you want as many bad mods on Pit and Cells possible so when you sextant those 2 that buff Racecourse have that many shit mods removed from the pool possible.

Vorph

Looks good maybe even too far south blocking but it still works. If you think in just one layer it's easier, you want as many bad mods on Pit and Cells possible so when you sextant those 2 that buff Racecourse have that many shit mods removed from the pool possible.
Right, I just went a little extra south to hit Primordial Pool really cheaply as well since it's also a good map and all but 1 of the blocks were 'free' from Racecourse. I'd probably wait to set up on Cells until after I get some more currency built up since it requires a journeyman sextant blocked on Terrace (and isn't it a little risky since you can only block 3 bad mods in total on Cells?), plus Cells itself would be using a journeyman every 3 maps.

And uhhh.. bad mods are pretty much just anything that doesn't add pack size? Anything I need to worry about being especially RIP-y too? I play Spectral Throw with Point Blank so I'm facetanking anything that doesn't die instantly, about 5.3k life now that I've got the Belly on.

How much effort do you put into rolling each map you run? Chisel, alch and go, alt-regal, or ____?

Last edited:

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
God damn I really hate trying to 6-link shit. Deleting all your currency and no luck sucks ass =/

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've been playing this since closed beta, quit twice because of that stupid shit. Never seen a 6-link, burned thousands of fusings (most of them before Masters were introduced).
6-link? priviledge
lvl95+? priviledge
high tier maps? priviledge
You are expected to drop cash left and right and suck their dicks, merely playing their game is a priviledge. Collect trash, exchange for slightly less worthless trash, repeat for a few weeks. Burn all your fusings in a couple of minutes, slit wrists.
/sarcasm_off

Speaking of performance, I have no problems, game's flying on max settings (ryzen 1600x and radeon rx 580). The only exception is a zone with the laser spider act boss . Frame rate goes from FPS to SPF while I'm getting closer to the middle section and also while fighting the boss. Still surprised how I managed survive all the stupid aoe while lagging horribly. Maybe I remember it wrong, but I think I had performance problems on the same map before with my old box (they basically copy/pasted one of the old arachnid/spider maps as a new 3.0 zone).

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
As small as it is i feel like the fact that whirl wind blades doesnt interrupt frostblades makes the game a lot less fun to play since it is so hard to quickly react in a movement oriented way.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's more likely multistrike that's getting you "stuck". This is the downside to that sweet more attack speed multiplier and 2/3 attacks auto targeted: you dodge like a sleepy fat guy. Play a build without MS, it's quite different.

That said, PoE could still use some improvement in animation interruption overall. And more important, targeting. If you play on an UW monitor, if you click too far away with some ranged skills, nothing happens. Not even the stupid shit with leap slam where it's like "oh, ok, I'll walk over there until I'm in distance, THEN leap slam", which is still stupid as fuck. Click too far away with tornado shot while still being on screen? Nothing happens. Makes it really hard to judge where to fire Blink Arrow in a crucia' moment instead of just slamming your mouse across the screen.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been playing this since closed beta, quit twice because of that stupid shit. Never seen a 6-link, burned thousands of fusings (most of them before Masters were introduced).
6-link? priviledge
lvl95+? priviledge
high tier maps? priviledge
You are expected to drop cash left and right and suck their dicks, merely playing their game is a priviledge. Collect trash, exchange for slightly less worthless trash, repeat for a few weeks. Burn all your fusings in a couple of minutes, slit wrists.
/sarcasm_off

Speaking of performance, I have no problems, game's flying on max settings (ryzen 1600x and radeon rx 580). The only exception is a zone with the laser spider act boss . Frame rate goes from FPS to SPF while I'm getting closer to the middle section and also while fighting the boss. Still surprised how I managed survive all the stupid aoe while lagging horribly. Maybe I remember it wrong, but I think I had performance problems on the same map before with my old box (they basically copy/pasted one of the old arachnid/spider maps as a new 3.0 zone).

Drop cash on what?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Question:

I have 7k health, 20% phys reduction and pretty good damage (can kill kaom in T15 in around 5 seconds).

Can I
a) do guardians
b) do uber atziri
c) do shaper

Obviously I know I can do them with good play, but I'm just wondering my margin of error. What is the difficulty curve in the above?

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Question:

I have 7k health, 20% phys reduction and pretty good damage (can kill kaom in T15 in around 5 seconds).

Can I
a) do guardians
b) do uber atziri
c) do shaper

Obviously I know I can do them with good play, but I'm just wondering my margin of error. What is the difficulty curve in the above?

Atziri and shaper are different beasts than any of that other shit. They are gimmick fights that you need quick reflexes to dodge the one hitters. DPS and health are irrelevant to beating them with the exception of shapers portals but you might have enough to take atziri's spear attack with 7k health(been a while).

Without knowing more than killing kaom in 5 seconds that leaves far too much to give specific yes or no.

If you have never fought either you won't beat them your first time.

As far as guardians, depends on what guardian, some are immune or resistant to certain elements making things much harder or easier depending on build.

All I can say is, try out some guardians, if you can beat all 4 you can beat shaper and Uber atziri.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm just got pwned by Uber Malachai. Maybe not ready for Guardians.

If you run a map with 4 people, and they all die and don't have portals anymore, do the monsters and the boss retain their added HP?

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Must say after spending a bit on a wachief totem uber labs build the dungeon feels way better then any map I've done in terms of risk vs reward for loot. Champion ascendancy with wachief totems makes the izaro fight stupid easy with your totems taunting and debuffing him then hit him with a culling strike cyclone.