Path of Exile

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I picked sunder gladiator with shield and max block for this league and after getting to early maps I'm just not feeling it. After playing squishy rangers and witches for the last leagues, a block build is pretty relaxing. However, I don't really enjoy the sunder gameplay.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Playing it now. Not as tanky as it looks on streams, but I'm just level 45. Having trouble keeping up EO though, and I don't think any gear will help there.

Can you link your build?

I triggered EO when I played by using shield charge with crit + fortify + faster attacks. You just need flat dmg that isnt fire on gloves, rings, or neck. FWIW personally RF felt pretty weak until I got the essence crafted helm for 30% more elemental damage.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I mentioned earlier, playing a Facebreaker AW Chieftain:

Last night I dropped:

* 25C on an Abyssus
* 1C on a Great Old One's Ward (shield)
* 3 Alch on some Resists Phys/Totem Dam Jewels (I should have probably got Resist/Life in hindsight)

At level 73, my DPS jumped from 4Kish to 55K for each Totem with Hatred up. Shit just absolutely MELTS, so fun watching T4-5 bosses go down in seconds. But that Inc Phys Dam taken from the Abyssus can be pretty scary at times. Definitely more on my toes.

The hard part about this build are getting up the ele resists For now, I'm even running Purity Of Elements to barely get over the 75% resist cap until I can save up more currency to get the stupidly expensive Rings/Amy with T1/2 rolls to drop my aura. Also more levels and picking up more Jewelry passive can help.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Anyone has a guide or experience playing Doomfletch Prism inquisitor ? I want something that can murder bosses, since I'd like to finally kill shaper this league and stacking flat phys dmg seems to be the new meta

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I triggered EO when I played by using shield charge with crit + fortify + faster attacks. You just need flat dmg that isnt fire on gloves, rings, or neck. FWIW personally RF felt pretty weak until I got the essence crafted helm for 30% more elemental damage.
That's EE, which is easy to proc. The crit from shield charge seems a bit hard to consistently keep up EO. But it could be that pack density while leveling is part of the problem.

RF feels alright at my level. It has a problem of not translating your actions into damage, so it can feel weak. It does feel kinda gimpy when I have to jog circles around some fatty. The bird cages in A6 take forever to kill.

Gotta link to your character? Always looking for general input to glean.

Oh, where should my 2nd and 3rd lab points go?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone has a guide or experience playing Doomfletch Prism inquisitor ? I want something that can murder bosses, since I'd like to finally kill shaper this league and stacking flat phys dmg seems to be the new meta

Not exactly what you're looking for, but close. It was what I was building towards before I got fed up with the whole paradigm of standing still(to dps) as your only method of sustain. Also, the build is expensive.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's EE, which is easy to proc. The crit from shield charge seems a bit hard to consistently keep up EO. But it could be that pack density while leveling is part of the problem.

RF feels alright at my level. It has a problem of not translating your actions into damage, so it can feel weak. It does feel kinda gimpy when I have to jog circles around some fatty. The bird cages in A6 take forever to kill.

I did Trickster version of Yalani's Forum - Witch - [2.6] Yalani's Low Life Righteous Fire Build - T16/Shaper - 21k ES - 1Million+ DPS - Path of Exile

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I got to Act 10 and beat it - now I am able to do maps. Is there a quick reference on how I should do these or is it impossible for me to fuck it up?

Just remember the closer the map level is to your true level, the better the experience. Obviously map levels above your level are going to give you even greater exp but you will need to see how good your kill rate and survivability is. I just run whatever maps drop for me. Gauge your experience with your current maps before you move on. Clearing tier 1 maps easily? Go tier 2. Honestly the maps all feel about the same in difficulty until tier10-ish, and then there is another big jump at tier 13. What you don't want happening at higher levels is dying, because the exp penalty gets to be really severe. So if you find yourself dying a lot, either do different maps, or go down a tier or two on maps and level/gear up more. That's actually one of the things I like best about this game - it does a good job of throttling your levelling until you can progress naturally. I don't mind that I can't hit level 100 until I get really good or get good gear. It will make the achievement feel that much better. Hell, I can't wait until I hit level 95 lol.

I didn't bother picking and choosing specific maps, like jungle valley or desert or whatever, because even though that is the most efficient way to level, it's also tedious with all the trading needed. Furthermore, I really think the journey is a big part of the adventure, not just the destination, so if you are newer to the game like myself, then play all the maps you can, so you can see all the variety the game has to offer. Some maps are going to be a better fit for your build than others, some you will enjoy more than others, and some others should just be avoided except the one time you need to complete it for atlas achievement (I'm thinking of Temple).

You will also be reading guides about shaping your atlas. I think a lot of that is just min/maxing and getting whichever cards you want to drop. I say just shape the maps you like. For each tier, try and pick one that you like to run. For example, strand used to be all the rage because it's easy (very linear) and has two end bosses. Me personally, I never really cared for it. I liked racecourse, so I shaped that one. Now with the strand nerfs I hear racecourse might be better anyways.

This is the casual way to go about things. What Vorph posted is solid advice, but from someone who obviously is a min/maxer; if that is your play-style then follow that.

Last edited:

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
Thanks for all the help guys.

This is my first guy to hit maps and I am new. Running a SRS build that is destroying because i followed a guide to learn.

It's funny I choose it as a league starter to build currency and now I'm like uhhh what do I build next?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Well my build personally is ZiggyD's SR/RF build and it's inquisitor. I didn't start using RF until I got my RotP shield which was in the 70s. Inquis probably has more damage options than Zerk but Zerk can do no regen maps which I hate (can still do but can't use RF obviously and it's kind of slow).

How do you link your build? I'll link you mine.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
the boss fight still seems easy but dem traps fuck me up

Oh yeah, I mostly meant buffed in the sense that they throw tons of stuff in each run now. Multiple chests throughout that give the same loot as the end chests, 5-6 (someone said they got 8) keys every run, it's nuts.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Well my build personally is ZiggyD's SR/RF build and it's inquisitor. I didn't start using RF until I got my RotP shield which was in the 70s. Inquis probably has more damage options than Zerk but Zerk can do no regen maps which I hate (can still do but can't use RF obviously and it's kind of slow).

How do you link your build? I'll link you mine.
Like kimble did above. Inquisitor options for RF seems limited since RF isn't a hit.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Dark Pact looks enticing but it violates my stupid "can't regen while moving" rule. Hmmm, decisions. RF or DP?

Also, trying to figure out why DP is so much more popular than other PBAOE skills.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Also, trying to figure out why DP is so much more popular than other PBAOE skills.

Well, a lot of the PBAOE skills got hit by the AoE nerf and were fairly niche even before that. Also, most of these skills had pretty poor single target, even when swapping to conc effect. The boss HP doubling really makes their lack of single target damage stand out atm.

Dark Pack though, well, it just seems to have great base damage. It was a skill balanced around the current game, not left behind in the dust after the changes.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dark Pact doesn't seem any better for bosses than any other skill I've watched in videos, even swapping a gem (which most skills seem to do these days). And RF looks unbearably slow to me on trash even in the ones where people have top gear. Maybe Spectral Throw has spoiled me; the trash clearing speed is almost as fast as Dark Pact--and frankly I could clear as fast as the DP videos I've watched if I too didn't care about picking up any loot--and it melts every map boss and uber Izaro in seconds with Slower Projectiles swapped. For shaped racecourse farming I don't even swap, since I can still kill all three bosses at once with GMP much faster (<10s) than one at a time.