Path of Exile

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
There is literally no economy in d3. Pick up decisions really matter in POE. Over the course of spending a 100 hours playing a league it could mean the difference of 100s of chaos.

Yes, the scroll of wisdom market is gonna get rekt!

Marv

Golden Squire
Thats gonna be a weird request but can anyone think of a good 4 button build? lol Something real simple.

The thing is i sometimes play this game with one hand, when im half-tired lounging in bed.

I want a build i can play with only the mouse (left click right click + 2 side buttons). Ive done totems alot, i know they could work but something different would be great.

I have a more complicated build for when i play with friends.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Thats gonna be a weird request but can anyone think of a good 4 button build? lol Something real simple.

The thing is i sometimes play this game with one hand, when im half-tired lounging in bed.

I want a build i can play with only the mouse (left click right click + 2 side buttons). Ive done totems alot, i know they could work but something different would be great.

I have a more complicated build for when i play with friends.
I don't know of a good build for you, but I use this mouse and it's excellent.
g600-gaming-mouse-images.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
There is literally no economy in d3. Pick up decisions really matter in POE. Over the course of spending a 100 hours playing a league it could mean the difference of 100s of chaos.
I get that efficiency and maximization of wealth / hour is the focal point of endgame PoE (and generally most grinding games), but I still think that PoE would be better with a few QoL improvements.

Even with a level 89 I still consider myself a novice to the game, but I feel like I'm trying to strike a balance between actually enjoying the game and maximizing my revenue stream through identifying rares and dealing with currency. On some maps I'll just skip everything except expensive currencies just because I get tired of dealing with picking up a few items before my inventory is full.

I know that GGG has their vision and won't depart but I'd prefer:
1. That currency could be looted directly into your stash.
2. That they severely reduced the quantity of items and matched it with an increase of likelihood of high-value attributes.

And outside of PoE I also bet it'd be possible to improve that PoE trade macro AHK script in some way to locally cache prices from the stash API (or more likely, process them in a third party site like poe.trade, then send digested pricing schemes to clients), and provide live pricing inferences to users upon mousing over items. Even a low-granularity estimate of <1 chaos vs 1<10 chaos vs 10+ chaos would be incredibly useful, especially for new people.

I don't even think it'd be that hard to beat the kind of estimation that every player does.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I can see very easily how you got so many beachheads, up to 20 myself now. I wish i knew they were so easy to make before this week, you probably made a killing =)
Besides doing harbinger events and using the orbs on maps how did you make them?

Last edited:

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Besides doing harbinger events and using the orbs on maps how did you make them?

Harbinger orbs on red maps is what I did. I bought 60 last night and hit 20, its not a huge sample size but I need 50 total for the challenge. Ill see how many total Harbinger orbs it takes to hit 50.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Harbinger orbs on red maps is what I did. I bought 60 last night and hit 20, its not a huge sample size but I need 50 total for the challenge. Ill see how many total Harbinger orbs it takes to hit 50.
From what im seeing 33% success seems pretty high, but sixty is a pretty big sample size.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
My first ton of orbs got me none, then I bought 10 and hit 2 on numbers 8/9, then I got 4 more out of the next 6 orbs I found, then I bought 10 more yesterday and got 0. I'm wondering if the map you use it on has anything to do with things, because most of the ones I hit beachheads on were Shrines and uhh, one other base I forget which one, but 4 of the 6 i've done have come off of shrine maps.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
None of that will ever happen. The time spent doing all that is a large part of the economy. Choice need to be made with how fast you want to go vs what you want to pick up.

Just to clarify: auto deposit would require the stash open (and button press) and auto pickup would require you to run over the item on the ground, not mass-pickup the entire screen. Also adjustments to drop rates are assumed. There are many ways of doing pickup of course.

My auto deposit notion was perhaps largely inspired by harbingers... (and my considerable wrist pain that required therapy. don't forget to stretch people)

Also I forgot one thing: multiple stash tab rows. The UI has plenty of room for 3 rows.

I realize auto-vendor is extremely unlikely to happen and I agree that would affect the economy considerably; however changes have been made before that affected the economy much more, such as the stash API. All aged ARPGs seem to have this problem of too many items dropping; D3 at one point reduced the items dropped.

I don't want to be 'that guy' who comes in here years after a game launches and tells everybody that it should change. I saw a video of some dude teleporting around and clearing Strand in 30 seconds after paying 30c to augment the map and picking up virtually nothing. No idea how that's profitable. I'm still ignorant of some of the behavior of the best players. I'm just mentioning some of the minor frustrations from the perspective of somebody with 6 weeks or so of play time but don't want to turn the game upside down, because it's great. I agree that no AH is good.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Regarding the chaos/regal recipe, I only collect rings/amus/belts, then once I have enough for a few sets I start filling in the rest and sell as soon as I complete a set...

+1 on multi-row stash tabs.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
There is an actual scroll of wisdom market...

Time to get 'rich' then. I was lucky enough to get the best item in POE existance relatively early, from a jar just before Cptn. it's balls all over the screen in Act5, so I have a decent supply of those since I have basically no use for portal scrolls.
It's the portal gem, wtf did you think that item could be ;P.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
poe.trade macro has a really handy functionality that lets you mouse wheel through your tabs as long as you're hovering over the tab section of your stash. Chaos and regal recipes doesn't seem worth dealing with.

I think a lot of these complaints could be solved for GGG if they opened up their API like WoW did. Is WoW a worse game because they made looting a non-thought and any inventory clutter problem can be modded away? I know it's not a fair comparison, they're different games. But is WoW worse off because of their open UI API?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
poe.trade macro has a really handy functionality that lets you mouse wheel through your tabs as long as you're hovering over the tab section of your stash. Chaos and regal recipes doesn't seem worth dealing with.

I think a lot of these complaints could be solved for GGG if they opened up their API like WoW did. Is WoW a worse game because they made looting a non-thought and any inventory clutter problem can be modded away? I know it's not a fair comparison, they're different games. But is WoW worse off because of their open UI API?
Some people would actually argue that WoW's incredibly modable UI made it a worse game that it could've been. I think there's a reason that future MMOs significantly locked down their UIs after WoW's modded UIs streamlined everything.

Personally I enjoyed it and feel like games are really missing something without UI mods. I know the "auras" mod in WoW would be great in PoE, because you could pop open an aura if you were at max stacks of something, lost bloodrage or got a notification for getting bleed etc.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
My 3rd char ever and first SSFHC is about to pass my highest level HSC char and the struggle is real. Where is a solid spot to farm currency/gear at L58? My items are complete ass and starting to show with clear speed and is it possible to farm certain uniques? I really, really could use a skirmisher for quality of life and DPS boost in my totem build. Should I just continue crafting bows and yoloing alch orbs on 4-5L whites that I find in the meantime?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Play totem or srs for loafing in bed I guess. Def get multi button mouse.

Starting the "hard" achievement grind tonight. I want a damn 36 completion.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Personally I enjoyed it and feel like games are really missing something without UI mods. I know the "auras" mod in WoW would be great in PoE, because you could pop open an aura if you were at max stacks of something, lost bloodrage or got a notification for getting bleed etc.

I am the opposite. While it's a nice quality of life thing it also helps differentiate players who are willing to pay more attention and squeeze out the extra damage etc. I get that after your 999999999 run or whatever you want to go mindless, but at that point I'd rather just take a break than have things handed to me.