Path of Exile

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Finally got shaper down, 2nd time getting to 3rd phase, think my 7th run this league, 9th ever. Feelsgoodman.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What's the chance they'll remove VP(and subsequently balance around that) given they had a pretty good opportunity with the ES nerfs? The content is so hyper charged due to instant leech that everything else is warped by it. I tried guardians for the first time yesterday and I found them easier with a Brightbeak equipped than my usual dps sceptre. Took a bit longer but berserker leech let me sit through anything regardless of what weapon I had equipped. And I had to move, shield charge felt much much more responsive and fluid.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Awesome man, what skill did you use to drop him?

Elemental/chaos crit BV scion (elementalist/assassin).

I feel like removing vaal pact would require a MASSIVE amount of rebalancing, especially to leech rate. Leech without either slayer bonuses or VP (or a ton of the leech rate bonus nodes on the bottom left of the tree maybe) is absolutely garbage for any content that matters.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Of course it would require rebalancing. I think it would be worth it for the long term health of the game.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
so ive repeatedly tried to get back into this game over the years and everytime i get overwhelmed by systems that i used to know but long forgot. Am thinking of trying again, been looking at this atlas system and looks cool.
Is it worth playing on standard league or should i just start over on something else? I have an 86 witch on standard with abuncha stuff but could definitely use some help getting a gem here or there since so much has changed since i last played (in 2013).
if krassus or hateyou still play on standard let me know, i'd love some help gettin started again

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
so ive repeatedly tried to get back into this game over the years and everytime i get overwhelmed by systems that i used to know but long forgot. Am thinking of trying again, been looking at this atlas system and looks cool.
Is it worth playing on standard league or should i just start over on something else? I have an 86 witch on standard with abuncha stuff but could definitely use some help getting a gem here or there since so much has changed since i last played (in 2013).
if krassus or hateyou still play on standard let me know, i'd love some help gettin started again

The game is a league game, always play league. If you're new or forget shit just hit the class forums and find newbie / "league starter" builds and go, there will be a number of em for all classes. This game is an investment game, the more you put in and learn the more you'll get out of it. Pick a build you think you'll like and start learning, if you realize you hate the build pick another and start over. It's what this game is all about.

Have fun homey. I'd probably put this game as my personal best of the best. It's beat out civ 4 for most hours invested.

Last edited:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Korrupt Korrupt My new berserker blade flurry just beat act 10 and did his first few maps. I really like the build and the blade flurry ability. I'll be shoop de whooping a group of mobs to build up 6 stacks and then some named mob will wander in late for me to say, "fuck this guy in particular" as I unleash my blade flurry execution. Harbinger mobs are especially gratifying because the radius of their summoning circle is about the same as a blade flurry release, so I can call a tactical nuke right when they enter our plane of existence.

A few questions:
1. I'm still using my perfect-rolled tabula rasa. I've got about 120c saved up, should I buy a abyssus (~20c) + 5L lightning coil (~20c) which is what mahsepp2 (Russian zerker BF dude, his stable of characters is all the same berserker blade flurry lulz) recommends? Or should I try to keep my 6L configuration and get a cheap 6L corrupted chest with decent stats (I did this on my frost blades), and then upgrade to lightning coil once I get enough for a 6L?

2. I'm not sure I'm using my enduring cry properly, nor am I sure how I'm supposed to. Should I be trying to keep 3 stacks of endurance charges up at all times, such that I hit it on a fresh engagment and then hit it right after immortal call procs? I'm pretty good at regulating my basalt flask, fortitude from whirlwind and keeping my totem up, but enduring cry is new for me.

3. I'm used to the mobility of my frostblades raider with its eight stacks of frenzy + all the attack speed benefits, which allow me to just move at warp ten through maps using whirlwind. My blade flurry berserker on the other hand kind of lumbers along even with 30% runspeed boots. Is there something I'm missing or am I just going to slowly build up my attack speed enough to use whirlwind effectively?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

Think I am gonna make 100 this league then never do it again

Blade fury or blade vortex zerker is gr8

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
A few questions:
1. I'm still using my perfect-rolled tabula rasa.

2. I'm not sure I'm using my enduring cry properly, nor am I sure how I'm supposed to.

3. My blade flurry berserker on the other hand kind of lumbers along even with 30% runspeed boots.

1) No idea about LC except that it's out of meta. In-meta chests are Kaom's and Belly of the Beast. If you're life-based, Belly just gives so much goddamn health that its hard to beat.

2) Couple of different philosophies on EC, end charges, and IC. Self-casting EC to keep charges up and running a high level CWDT to proc IC when receiving a big hit is one way. Optimal setup depends a lot on what kills you; in other words, what type of encounter is your CWDT/IC setup designed to help with?

3) Do you have a movement skill? Shield charge is widely considered the best -- but whirling blades isn't bad. My friend playing BF uses Shield Charge, Faster Attacks, and Fortify -- not only does he move around very quickly but charging through mobs refreshes his Fortify.

Note: movement skill speed scales with attack speed.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
3) Do you have a movement skill? Shield charge is widely considered the best -- but whirling blades isn't bad. My friend playing BF uses Shield Charge, Faster Attacks, and Fortify -- not only does he move around very quickly but charging through mobs refreshes his Fortify.

Note: movement skill speed scales with attack speed.
I'm using whirlwind blades because I'm just copying off of mahsepp2
Forum - Marauder - [3.0.0] [BLADE FLURRY 16M DPS] [berserk] (Uber аtziri / Shаper / T16 videos) - Path of Exile

He uses a 4L with whirlwind + fortify + warchief + chance to bleed. He uses this to stack bleed on bosses and uses a bloodlust gem with his blade flurry for more damage. On my frostblade I use whirlwind blades + fortify + faster attacks.

I don't fully understand the build but I can imagine mahsepp2 focusing too much on boss-killing damage and too little on map clear speed, which for me is hindered by my movement speed. I can see someone more involved in the community and more social tag-teaming maps with a high clear-speed buddy and he's just in to demolish named and harbingers.

Right now I'm running everything solo, and can't tell how much that hurts me.

I'll check out shield charge.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Gonna have a pal try this harbinger sword and shield.

Spell totem works in the sword to make lightning Cascade totems (like glacial but lightning). From there, will have him try 6L storm burst in the rasa I lended him, see what kinda pain the harbinger shield procs adds. The harb procs buff the group too so seems nice.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Korrupt Korrupt My new berserker blade flurry just beat act 10 and did his first few maps. I really like the build and the blade flurry ability. I'll be shoop de whooping a group of mobs to build up 6 stacks and then some named mob will wander in late for me to say, "fuck this guy in particular" as I unleash my blade flurry execution. Harbinger mobs are especially gratifying because the radius of their summoning circle is about the same as a blade flurry release, so I can call a tactical nuke right when they enter our plane of existence.

A few questions:
1. I'm still using my perfect-rolled tabula rasa. I've got about 120c saved up, should I buy a abyssus (~20c) + 5L lightning coil (~20c) which is what mahsepp2 (Russian zerker BF dude, his stable of characters is all the same berserker blade flurry lulz) recommends? Or should I try to keep my 6L configuration and get a cheap 6L corrupted chest with decent stats (I did this on my frost blades), and then upgrade to lightning coil once I get enough for a 6L?

2. I'm not sure I'm using my enduring cry properly, nor am I sure how I'm supposed to. Should I be trying to keep 3 stacks of endurance charges up at all times, such that I hit it on a fresh engagment and then hit it right after immortal call procs? I'm pretty good at regulating my basalt flask, fortitude from whirlwind and keeping my totem up, but enduring cry is new for me.

3. I'm used to the mobility of my frostblades raider with its eight stacks of frenzy + all the attack speed benefits, which allow me to just move at warp ten through maps using whirlwind. My blade flurry berserker on the other hand kind of lumbers along even with 30% runspeed boots. Is there something I'm missing or am I just going to slowly build up my attack speed enough to use whirlwind effectively?

1) He uses the LC chest to offset the %increased damage taken from the Abyssus helm. Its not mandatory but its really good.

2) Use EC whenever you want, its a good temp buff to keep up between packs mapping. Its again more to offset the increased physical damage taken from Abyssus.

3) Having 20% quality on whirling blades will help some but nothing ever will compare to the speed of a raider.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Gonna have a pal try this harbinger sword and shield.

Spell totem works in the sword to make lightning Cascade totems (like glacial but lightning). From there, will have him try 6L storm burst in the rasa I lended him, see what kinda pain the harbinger shield procs adds. The harb procs buff the group too so seems nice.

What you mean by what kind of pain the harbinger shield proc adds? Wiki says shield buff just gives dmg reduction and ailment/stun immunity, not a damage buff and otherwise the shield just has 50-70% increased damage which you can easily get on any other shield along with other stats.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya it's a 66% roll for damage and I have it laying around in the freebie pile. Thought the summoned harbs would be cool to look forward to as he's getting bored in his 50s.

Meant pain as in bringing pain to the enemy :}>

I heard receiving any new buff or aura dispels the summoned harbs, man I hope that's not true/ fixed / will be soon

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I'm about done with Harbinger and my friends will be done shortly thereafter. If anyone here is interested in buying some PoE currency, shoot me a PM.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
1) He uses the LC chest to offset the %increased damage taken from the Abyssus helm. Its not mandatory but its really good.

2) Use EC whenever you want, its a good temp buff to keep up between packs mapping. Its again more to offset the increased physical damage taken from Abyssus.

3) Having 20% quality on whirling blades will help some but nothing ever will compare to the speed of a raider.
Holy shit shield charge is fast. It's too bad my auras are on my weapons and they drop when I swap to my shield. If you're a dual wielder with auras in your weapons is there a way to cleanly use shield charge?

I looked for a 5L lightning coil and a belly of the beast last night, ended up finding a cheapish lightning coil first. So far it seems pretty good. I haven't even looked at physical damage calculations for PoE, but from what I understand physical damage reduction from armor is calculated logarithmically such that big hits pierce through armor. It seems like that fact makes lightning coil really good because it not only applies a 30% * 75% = 22.5% reduction from lightning resist, but also cuts down the physical damage that armor has to mitigate. Then again I don't know the order of these operations. If the armor check is done before the lightning coil 30% split, then this paragraph is a load of shit.

I'm not making an argument that lightning coil is better than belly or anything, I'm just musing on my understanding of the mechanics. I'm not even sure what kind of raw damage is coming out of these mobs.

Last edited:

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Holy shit shield charge is fast. It's too bad my auras are on my weapons and they drop when I swap to my shield. If you're a dual wielder with auras in your weapons is there a way to cleanly use shield charge?

I looked for a 5L lightning coil and a belly of the beast last night, ended up finding a cheapish lightning coil first. So far it seems pretty good. I haven't even looked at physical damage calculations for PoE, but from what I understand physical damage reduction from armor is calculated logarithmically such that big hits pierce through armor. It seems like that fact makes lightning coil really good because it not only applies a 30% * 75% = 22.5% reduction from lightning resist, but also cuts down the physical damage that armor has to mitigate. Then again I don't know the order of these operations. If the armor check is done before the lightning coil 30% split, then this paragraph is a load of shit.

I'm not making an argument that lightning coil is better than belly or anything, I'm just musing on my understanding of the mechanics. I'm not even sure what kind of raw damage is coming out of these mobs.

Remember you can always buy a 'jeweler's touch' prophecy to 5 link anything. They're like 25c so often buying your unique you want and buying one of those is cheaper than trying to find your unique 5 linked.