Path of Exile

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I trade nonstop everyday and have no issues with finding stuff, instead of buying the lowest item priced at 21c I just buy the 22c ones and GG. Not sure what people are trying to in trades but I have 0 issues with poe.trade or finding items.

Same. I have a buddy that complains constantly about trading but he's spending way too much time trying to find perfect deals rather than getting the shit he needs and back out farming.

When I need to swap 500 jewelers into chaos I offer a very favorable ratio and near-instantly some flipper takes the entire stock off my hands. I never bothered to calculate my chaos/hour rate running uber lab or farming t16s but I'd guess its ~100c/hour minimum. Not gonna fux around with trying to save a few chaos on a deal.

edit: part of this is just an awareness that a month into a league, only broke ass billies are leaving their map for a 1c trade.

edit 2: Tuco Tuco they definitely have bots that flip currency. This was tested by a guy who had a bot do like 30 trades for 16 alts a piece over and over and over again -- conclusion was that a human would have said "what the fuck mate" well before the end of the experiment.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Wisdom for newer players:

Uber Lab is the most profitable thing you can do at this point in the league. You're probably not saavy enough to beat this on the market, and you might not have a character than can speed-run bisco+breach sextant blocked maps. I did about 130 uber lab runs this league and quit the league the other day 40/40 with about 200 ex. Majority of my orbs came from lab, but smashing through T16s weren't too bad, either. I would buy disgusting 8 affix maps off people for 4-5c, get a bunch of loot, then sell the fragment for 5-6c.

For lab profit, you're looking to hit big enchants on nice uniques -- Starkonja's were my money makers. Buy 3 decently rolled Starks for 5-10c a pop and rotate your enchants through them. If you're rich enough to do this with Tempest' Binding or The Gull, then feel free. There are a handful of enchants per build that will gladly pay 250-450c for the helm. If you hit double barrage projectiles that's a 1000 chaos enchant.

Mathy types may enjoy trying to optimize this problem -- what we're looking for is a helm that is used by builds likely to be wealthy. No use in hitting a BiS enchant for a shit build that can't afford to pay for it!

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
They really need to do something with trading. It was a bit absurd that we were essentially forced into using a 3rd party in the first place. Yet now we are now in a race to see who has the better 3rd party sniper tool.

The sniping is making normal trading even worse, when I thought it couldn't really get much more annoying. Maybe that is a plus side, as more and more people have to page down and down through lists trying to buy something, maybe it will motivate some changes.

Or, you could, you know, buy items that aren't underpriced or listed at the absolutely cheapest for 1c more and not have to cry about missing 800000000000000 listings to snipers? Same thing with people saying nobody will sell their orbs. If you get 4 people at some ratio who aren't responding, don't message the other 37 people who have that same ratio, move down one peg (like 1c more/less for exalts/divines and fractions of chaos for everything else) and you'll probably get a response fast.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Edit 2: Tuco Tuco they definitely have bots that flip currency. This was tested by a guy who had a bot do like 30 trades for 16 alts a piece over and over and over again -- conclusion was that a human would have said "what the fuck mate" well before the end of the experiment.
Good to know, I've heard a lot about currency bots, specifically bots that are making false listings and then trying to buy people that are truly selling at those listings.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Good to know, I've heard a lot about currency bots, specifically bots that are making false listings and then trying to buy people that are truly selling at those listings.

Reddit produces gallons of salt daily about this, but I love it. It's never been easier to get anything done in PoE -- can buy 1000 fus at 3 am in 5 minutes... etc etc.

The thing is, people who suck at PoE market would suck regardless of people using bots... major mistake new players make is underpricing their item by hundreds of chaos, not a few.

How not to make grievous newb mistakes with regards to item pricing:

Buy 5-10 premium stash tabs. Set tab-wide buyout prices ranging from 1c to 30c or some interval. E.g., 1c, 3c, 5c, 10c, 15c, 20c... Have one tab for custom buyout pricing, like, where you put your stark with 2x barrage enchant. If you can't figure out how to price something, set it to 300c and drop it every 30 minutes by some interval. Usually you'll have some rough idea of value -- but if it looks like it could be awesome, then spend 24 hours rotating it down slowly rather than risk selling a 300c item for 30c.

Now, its true that even with this method you'll lose value on niche items worth a ton that sell slow -- e.g., 6 off color 6L belly... sure, the one guy in the league playing that build may pay a fortune for it but as a rule of thumb it'll take a while to sell shit like that. Look at it optimistically, as you lower the prices on your shit via a system, eventually you'll hit a point where flippers are interested and eventually they'll snag it from you before you lower it further rather than let a different flipper take it. And for those hard to sell items? Just think of it as paying a commission to get something sold. Always always always prioritize having currency rather than useless shit taking up space in your stash.

After a few leagues of doing this you'll start to get a feel for the current and evolving meta, and also for the typical evolution of the market throughout a league. Or, alternatively, blame your PoE poverty on the system and vote Bernie 2020.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Uber Lab is the most profitable thing you can do at this point in the league. You're probably not saavy enough to beat this on the market, and you might not have a character than can speed-run bisco+breach sextant blocked maps. I did about 130 uber lab runs this league and quit the league the other day 40/40 with about 200 ex. Majority of my orbs came from lab, but smashing through T16s weren't too bad, either. I would buy disgusting 8 affix maps off people for 4-5c, get a bunch of loot, then sell the fragment for 5-6c.

For lab profit, you're looking to hit big enchants on nice uniques -- Starkonja's were my money makers. Buy 3 decently rolled Starks for 5-10c a pop and rotate your enchants through them. If you're rich enough to do this with Tempest' Binding or The Gull, then feel free. There are a handful of enchants per build that will gladly pay 250-450c for the helm. If you hit double barrage projectiles that's a 1000 chaos enchant.

Mathy types may enjoy trying to optimize this problem -- what we're looking for is a helm that is used by builds likely to be wealthy. No use in hitting a BiS enchant for a shit build that can't afford to pay for it!

I'm glad to hear that uber lab is still a good money maker, because I really enjoy the dozen or so lab runs I've done.

I've only done Uber lab once where I got carried through it, but feel pretty hesitant to run it even with a character that has the gear/levels to do it just because I'm worried about getting killed due to being a noob. I think once my BF berserker gets to 80 or so I'll do some practicing in merciless lab (which I cleared easily last night) to actually learn the mechanics of some of the tough areas.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Reddit produces gallons of salt daily about this, but I love it. It's never been easier to get anything done in PoE -- can buy 1000 fus at 3 am in 5 minutes... etc etc.
Yeah coming back to PoE from playing last in 2013 or whenever, the trading of the game is so easy and I haven't run into any issues participating in the market place, where as last time I literally quit because of how difficult it was to use the market.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I'm glad to hear that uber lab is still a good money maker, because I really enjoy it.

I've only done Uber lab once where I got carried through it, but feel pretty hesitant to run it even with a character that has the gear/levels to do it just because I'm worried about getting killed due to being a noob. I think once my BF berserker gets to 80 or so I'll do some practicing in merciless lab (which I cleared easily last night) to actually learn the mechanics of some of the tough areas.

First of all, who cares if you die in the lab. A key costs a few chaos and the opportunity cost of 15 minutes... but it's a learning process so consider it an investment. For comparison, I spent 400 chaos learning Uber Atziri this league.

Once you scale your character up to some appropriate end-game level, you're incredibly unlikely to die to Izaro -- assuming sensible build design. He isn't a high-level boss, and while doing triple key runs introduce some risk, you ought to kill him so fast he barely gets a chance to do anything. If your Izaro fights last longer than 5-10 seconds because of DPS (i.e., not because you're letting him charge up for double and triple key) then you don't have enough DPS and need more gear.

You'll also start to see the pattern that all Lab zones operate under. Example: an objective will almost assuredly be "down and to the left" of zone in, and another will be "up and to the right" from that... etc etc. My slow-as-fuck SRS build was clearing labs with some side objectives in ~15 minutes. Actual good lab builds aim for much much quicker runs.

Uber lab notes

^ Great resource. Sometimes its just better to go run maps, sometimes the Lab is a super fast 6 room run.

• 1Like

khalid

Unelected Mod
Or, you could, you know, buy items that aren't underpriced or listed at the absolutely cheapest for 1c more and not have to cry about missing 800000000000000 listings to snipers? Same thing with people saying nobody will sell their orbs. If you get 4 people at some ratio who aren't responding, don't message the other 37 people who have that same ratio, move down one peg (like 1c more/less for exalts/divines and fractions of chaos for everything else) and you'll probably get a response fast.

I know how to deal with the system. Doesn't make it any less fucked up.

• 1Solidarity

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
First of all, who cares if you die in the lab. A key costs a few chaos and the opportunity cost of 15 minutes... but it's a learning process so consider it an investment. For comparison, I spent 400 chaos learning Uber Atziri this league.

Once you scale your character up to some appropriate end-game level, you're incredibly unlikely to die to Izaro -- assuming sensible build design. He isn't a high-level boss, and while doing triple key runs introduce some risk, you ought to kill him so fast he barely gets a chance to do anything. If your Izaro fights last longer than 5-10 seconds because of DPS (i.e., not because you're letting him charge up for double and triple key) then you don't have enough DPS and need more gear.

You'll also start to see the pattern that all Lab zones operate under. Example: an objective will almost assuredly be "down and to the left" of zone in, and another will be "up and to the right" from that... etc etc. My slow-as-fuck SRS build was clearing labs with some side objectives in ~15 minutes. Actual good lab builds aim for much much quicker runs.

Uber lab notes

^ Great resource. Sometimes its just better to go run maps, sometimes the Lab is a super fast 6 room run.

I bricked an Uber Atziri set this league and I've killed her hundreds of times. The tougher content in PoE is like anything else in harder games and takes practice. Ive had some shit luck dying at higher levels and told myself im done, this is it and I keep coming back.

I think subconsciously it's what I want in PoE, something that no matter how comfortable I can get it still smacks me across the face and says lol rip fuccboi.

Tuco Tuco hit me up later today ive got that 1hs, if you need the atziri offhand i have a 100% rolled perfect one in the bank too.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Barrage enchant on the harbinger mask is a jackpot hit too

Shits real good

Last edited:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I bricked an Uber Atziri set this league and I've killed her hundreds of times. The tougher content in PoE is like anything else in harder games and takes practice. Ive had some shit luck dying at higher levels and told myself im done, this is it and I keep coming back.

I think subconsciously it's what I want in PoE, something that no matter how comfortable I can get it still smacks me across the face and says lol rip fuccboi.

Tuco Tuco hit me up later today ive got that 1hs, if you need the atziri offhand i have a 100% rolled perfect one in the bank too.
Cool, I'll be on tonight. My IGN is TucoBF.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

What build did you run lab with?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I annihilate Uber Izaro and I don't even have 6L yet on my main attack, so that doesn't sound like the worst plan.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah coming back to PoE from playing last in 2013 or whenever, the trading of the game is so easy and I haven't run into any issues participating in the market place, where as last time I literally quit because of how difficult it was to use the market.

Especially considering if you are willing to pay 5-10% over the best price your trade will happen in seconds.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Traps have been super easy with 5.7k life and 340+ attack speed on Whirling Blades.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
So I got home from work and had 32 fusings after my vorici daily purchase, dumped 28 of them into my brain rattler and it 6linked (about 150 total fusings on it). This resulted in me spending an hour in PoB and I ended up with 450k shaper dps (699k if I checked the "shocked" box, not sure if having vinktar flask checked adds the shock bonus or not, also gonna be using tempest binding which I think can shock him too) on flicker strike and 250k or so on warchief. Probably going to start leveling the char this weekend since I should be able to get my hands on everything I need for him. Only downside is it's going to be another vaal pact char which means uber lab still gonna be sucktastic.