Path of Exile

Caliane

The wording on that new ring is odd, does it add the gems effect to the ring or just delete the gem? I'm assuming it adds to it.
adds to the mods on the ring.
the CWDT is actually an already consumed gem.
so,:
has 1 socket.
cconsumes socketed support gems when they reach maximum level.
Can consumed 4 additional support gems.

is the base.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm sure someone will find some shenanigans with it, though I think those shaper/elder touched items have potential to be the most enjoyable thing to farm assuming they don't have a headhunter drop rate.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
I check reddit monthly to see if there are any trading improvements. Has there been anything said in regards to improvements that I have missed?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is that volley support what that hilarious split arrow threshold jewel was doing during the 3.0 beta? Seems nice for catching mobs that escape your projectile cone and get in at your sides, but I'd miss that large cone at the end. Decisions!

It's also pretty good for consistent fireball overlapping aoes even at long range, since they'll fire in a straight line rather than fan out, but yeah on the other hand it massively nerfs your aoe coverage, especially since unlike the treshold it's not like 25projectiles on each side firing for the width of a screen.

New skills follow their recent trend of trying to make people use more than one skill with having one skill to do damage and one skill to enable it(frostbolt, dark pact and these), generally don't work so well though. Especially when the primary enabler is desecrate, unless it's getting changed, due to its shit ass cooldown. Can use the new spear spell to make corpses, but their "hp" might not be that great since they're "bone archers", so shitty skeletons, so the damage output sounds like it'll be shit. And it only makes one corpse per cast.

Bodyswap looks meh. Can use bonespear to setup corpses to swap to but since it's a projectile it gives it a delay. Also .8sec cast on Bodyswap which seems fucking slow. And using 2spells to travel is a huge waste.

Not sure what's the idea behind Cremation either. Only pops one corpse like detonate, does 2% less, but doesn't have the no reflect so you'll likely kill yourself if you pop a big one and the upside is it leaves some shitty volcano behind? In most cases detonate dead already killed everything, and you could use ignite to make sure it did(even nerfed ignite). Seems like overkill. I guess it'd be better against bosses, assuming for some reason the boss doesn't instantly walk the fuck out of your little volcanos.

I guess new bone spear thing might be good as a spell with curse on hit to lead pets though since you'll be able to drop desecrate. Have to get +lightning to spell on weapon or some shit for EE though.

Caliane

aha. it was in the map screenshots.

Screenshot2.jpg

And yeah, pyros makes a good point on it. typical spread on projectile skills means they spread out. and futher away less aoe shotgunning. this changes the pattern. the middle never spread, so maintain aoe shotgun potential.
fireball, molten orb.
While the wider side shots, also can potentially chain, or fork even further to the side.

I wonder what barrage looks like, with it.

Caliane

yeah, I was thinking bonespear was a spectre combo. not really, the detonate dead skills.
Also, I was thinking they were the stygian revents. like the bone queen. wonder if they are just skeleton archers. why them specifically.. with no way to raise skeleton archers, with spectre?
could one of the unrevealed gems be related?

this is cremation in action. looks like a ranged cast molten strike to me. I think this will be solid.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The wording on that new ring is odd, does it add the gems effect to the ring or just delete the gem? I'm assuming it adds to it allowing you to stack several support gem effects on the ring then pop an ability gem in.

It's essential your CWDT item that takes a bit to set up, assuming you have a build that wants to run a lvl20 cwdt.

Man, the supporter packs really seem like your getting less items for more money lately. Ah well. Looking forward to dec 8.

Did they say what's going on with the league?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
What items did you sell for ~20 ex?

Two Belly of the beast 6 link body armors. I had bought one earlier for my build and I was using it. Bought one off of PoE trade for 90chaos and had one drop on a prophecy. Both 6 link and sold them both within 5 minutes of each other. I think it was Australian peak time and I sold nearly a full stab tab of junk in less than an hour.

Borzak

I check reddit monthly to see if there are any trading improvements. Has there been anything said in regards to improvements that I have missed?

There's a new deal that basically works a lot like PoE trade you can look for sales and such. But nothing like afk trading or offline trading. It was linked in this thread, I looked at it but never did anything with it. Apparently PoE trade has some chrome plug ins that help with searching.

Borzak

dynamic atlas changes sounds awesome

Yeah it does. I just got in and watched the video on it. I just started PoE but that looks pretty sweet and I rarely if ever get excited about games anymore.

Caliane

Man, the supporter packs really seem like your getting less items for more money lately. Ah well. Looking forward to dec 8.
its always been ridiculous. I do feel like they would actually make more money with lower tiers.
I think this one is worse. 30$ for a weapon skin only? the fuck?

I think I'll bite for the $60 seeker. I like that armor.
160$ redeemer portal is cool. but fuck that $160 price tag.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
yeah might get the $60 pack. Kinda not sure how much of this league I'll end up playing though.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's essential your CWDT item that takes a bit to set up, assuming you have a build that wants to run a lvl20 cwdt.

Did they say what's going on with the league?
Apparently a dev confirmed the CWDT isn't on the item, it's a CWDT gem that was consumed. The ring is basically blank with 4 open supports, so you can get a 5L on a ring. That has some serious implications for minion builds I think since you can easily fit zombies on 5L and not lose much from the lack of +2 if you're using them as shield walls rather than damage. Or a very resistant animate guardian ring, this kind of shit. Hell you could probably run a 5L spectres on any random minion build because why not, it's just a ring slot, if you play SRS you can have a 6L staff, 6L chest aura setup and still have a 5L spectre and 4L zombie+elem helm as usual, and still have boots/gloves free for other stuff.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Two Belly of the beast 6 link body armors. I had bought one earlier for my build and I was using it. Bought one off of PoE trade for 90chaos and had one drop on a prophecy. Both 6 link and sold them both within 5 minutes of each other. I think it was Australian peak time and I sold nearly a full stab tab of junk in less than an hour.
Did you corrupt them for some valuable mod? 6L Bellies aren't worth that much exalt on average.

Or, wait, are you playing on standard?

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
My lawd I am hype. I really, really like the atlas changes and the elder/shaper shenanigans. It gives reason to run cells / necropolis type maps. Also 32 new maps! Finally get to face the new bosses from A5-A10 instead of just once through the story.

On the bad side of things: where are my new strength gems? Or new vaal skills? We are also in need of a new chase unique.

Caliane

do note, vaal pact itself is massively nerf in that pic. life leech/s and max life leech is doubled. no life regen.
instant leech is gone entirely.