Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't know what you guys are talking about, my old rig that was partly 7 years old couldn't handle this PoS game. :rolleyes:

Got to 75 in turmoil, not sure I want to push to 85 or 90 just for a minuscule chance at some MTXs. EK is definitely fun, I never get bored of them shatters, but blade vortex(in conjunction with VP) can go eat a bag of dicks. Tickling bosses with EK can ruin your fun very fast. If the only feature of 3.1 is "VP removed from game", I will be very happy.

Trying to plan next build for mayhem. Thinking Oro Flicker Slayer. Stupid race build?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Forum - Development Manifesto - Monster Density in Maps - Path of Exile

I wanted to post this before Thursday's 3.1.0 expansion announcement, as it's not specifically mentioned in our marketing materials but is an important change.

Many players expressed concern with monster density in 3.0.0. We have addressed this in 3.1.0 in two ways:

Firstly, rather than trying to normalise the amount of total experience that each map is worth, we are now trying to normalise the total experience per hour of running that map. In order to do this, we have improved our designer tools significantly so that they have more control over the player experience in maps of different sizes. We have rebalanced every map in Path of Exile and performed extensive experience-per-hour testing. We have worked on reducing how often unlucky outcomes with low density can occur. There shouldn't be any maps that feel underpopulated anymore.

Secondly, we have rebalanced the map mods so that every rollable mod now grants a pack size bonus. A random rare map in 3.1.0 has more monster density than one from 3.0.0. This also improves the rewards for running corrupted maps.

Together, these changes should address the community's monster density concerns. As always, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to talking in more detail about this expansion on Thursday (Pacific Time).

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Why don't kinetic blast or barrage have MTXs? Seem like pretty popular skills that meh visuals. I'd pay premium MTX price for a black hole effect for KB's explosions. Or Shaper Beam for barrage that grows in size based on how many projectiles you're firing per second.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I downloaded this to my X to give a shot. Is there anything a fresh player should know that you wish you knew when you started?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I started about a month ago. I played around just learning the UI and such. Afterwards I got a build off the official forums. I looked around and picked a playstyle that looked like it might fit what I wanted to do. Since you are new possibly look for "new player", "cheap" and such. if you started on Harbinger be aware that league stops in two weeks. A good thread on builds will show what the build is, maybe some videos of it in action, possibly how to lvl it using what items and such. Some builds will be listed as expensive or even very expensive depending on the items required to make it work. The build I picked had a section on the passive tree, go to thise node first, then you can work with what you want to fill it next but I had to get that node since the bild was built around it. After your first build probably have a better idea.

So basically take your pick, either just start and follow the quest and such or find a build and follow it. There are a lot of side quest that aren't required to proceed to the next act. I did a lot of them as I worked my way thru since I had never seen them.

After you get tired of seeing all the loot that drops (quickly) get a loot filter and use it, here's a site with a bunch and you can see what they look like.

Can be summed up in, find a build, loot filter, and flask.

FilterBlast: Get Your Path of Exile Item Filter

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Someone posted a video series for beginners just a page ago or so in response to me starting. Let me see if i can find it. Went over basic play and stuff like currency and affixes and subfix on items.

Caliane

bex's see you tomorrow graphic featured the shaper. so doubling down on the big map focus for 3.1.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well no shit, they have to add all the 3.0 zones to maps, which gives them a chance to revamp Atlas and Chris already said they are normalizing xp/h across all the maps.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if builds that utilize QoTF are going to be meta because they'll handle maps with obstacles much better than shield charge and whirling blades.

Caliane

that video. hory shit.

detonate dead sucks.. so we made 3 new detonate dead skills instead.

body swap seems funny, but shit.
volatile ok. pops more then one corpse per cast. so may scale better then others.
cremation seems like the best by default. projectile scaling. like molten strike. +proj should make this one retarded strong.

storm barrier seems weak. its only level 1 shown though, I suppose.
volley looked pretty neat in the video.
spell cascade. I am not sure I understand what it does. the damage and size penalties are awfully severe though.
ancestral call. hrm. godmode for frostblades and moltenstrike?

Last edited:

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Not 100% sure if real but:

biwq8s31heyz.png

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is that volley support what that hilarious split arrow threshold jewel was doing during the 3.0 beta? Seems nice for catching mobs that escape your projectile cone and get in at your sides, but I'd miss that large cone at the end. Decisions!

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
The wording on that new ring is odd, does it add the gems effect to the ring or just delete the gem? I'm assuming it adds to it allowing you to stack several support gem effects on the ring then pop an ability gem in.

Caliane

Is that volley support what that hilarious split arrow threshold jewel was doing during the 3.0 beta? Seems nice for catching mobs that escape your projectile cone and get in at your sides, but I'd miss that large cone at the end. Decisions!
similar. its notable in the video.

..I cant find it now. haha. noticed on my first watch immediately..
Could have sworn.. I saw 3-4 perpendicular in center. then 2 firing off in an angle off to left and right.

Volitile is used in a cast on crit, with cyclone. which looks solid. since the orbs follow you to the next pack.