Path of Exile

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
It's like a 375 dps 2h sword if you're level 100. Seems like it would fit in no builds to me, unless you just want to goof around.

I'm probably wrong but it looked kind of like it might be useful to get at low lvl and use it for leveling, not having to worry about getting a new weapon till you get to mapping stage. Probably not tho, just an idea.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's like a 375 dps 2h sword if you're level 100. Seems like it would fit in no builds to me, unless you just want to goof around.
I wonder how much money that Charan dude has paid GGG to get them to waste so much dev time on his retarded ideas.

At least it's not as bad as Poet's Pen though. I'd just feel dirty using an item made by Kluwe-less.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Chris Kluwe made it.

(Not really being serious there, since it doesn't matter if a gigantic faggot wants to give GGG money, but I don't find the builds it works with to be at all interesting anyway.)

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
but it IS a 1h sword. whirling blades, blade flurry, etc. you can use 1h sword skills.
also, 376dps 1 h sword with a 9.5% Base crit... Thats before quality on the +200-300 damage too isnt it? so, isnt it 449p dps with a 9.6% crit
And, 123% of sword physical damage gained as fire damage... 552 dps fire damage added during embrace..

Its a 1 handed sword that acts as 2. Its main problem is it suffers from the same things using 2hers does. No dual wield benefit, no shield block/stats, etc. Its also a 2her with no innate attack speed so youll find all the movement skills for it to be very slow.

I played through the story with it and it was fun to hear the new voice lines from the sword but id never choose it to play a serious build with.

Borzak

Got all the trials done, what is involved in being carried thru uber lab? I was gonna look on the forums and see if there's someone doing it chain style like last league.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
TBH if you are 80+, just do it yourself, you have likely enough offerings to waste a few, but the satisfaction and potential payoff will make you a much better player. Not to mention you can start running it for profit.

Borzak

I'm 86, may try it after I level. Have 5 offerings. One of the trials I ran didn't give up one for whatever reason. But I suck at labs in general. Not even worried about the loot.

Last edited:

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Eh, some builds suck for uber lab. Most people get carries for the izaro fights, not the lab part itself. I tried one earlier cause I couldn't find a reasonable carry and got 1shot on phase 3.

Got my first lich today in an elder guardian map I ran, was a pretty fun fight. Tough but not super annoying like basically every other boss since shaper/guardians has been.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Anyone else having issues filling out their atlas?

I admit to always playing SSF, and of course I sure miss those Harbinger orbs, but with the expanded map base and the ridiculous linking, this is the worst league for filling the Atlas I have ever had. By the time I hit level 85-87 I would normally be running T10 and T11 maps for my "safe" crawl to 90. This time I've been stuck trying to fill in blanks, getting 20-30MM/hr experience, making this the slowest leveling process ever.

I love the War and the Shaper and Elder influence, but the whole experience has been fucked by the shit Atlas.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone else having issues filling out their atlas?

I admit to always playing SSF, and of course I sure miss those Harbinger orbs, but with the expanded map base and the ridiculous linking, this is the worst league for filling the Atlas I have ever had. By the time I hit level 85-87 I would normally be running T10 and T11 maps for my "safe" crawl to 90. This time I've been stuck trying to fill in blanks, getting 20-30MM/hr experience, making this the slowest leveling process ever.

I love the War and the Shaper and Elder influence, but the whole experience has been fucked by the shit Atlas.

I don't see how it's possible on ssf the way this league's map drops are.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah they put way too many maps on the Atlas for the way the map drop system works. Harbinger orbs should have stayed in the game or they should make it so that map boss guarantee drops the next map in the chain and the rest of the map drops can stay random like they are. I just got my first set of guardians/elder to spawn the other day and i'm missing 4 of the 5 maps and i've run 10ish maps since then and not gotten the ones I need (and I only have white maps and a couple yellow maps even open on my atlas so it's not like i'm trying to get them from the whole 140 map pool or w/e it is now).

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Dumb question time...

What is "Uber" lab?
What are these sextants for?
I BARELY killed the guardians...will I be wasting the pieces on The Shaper? (I youtubed the fight. I doubt my build can kill him).
Is there like a super weapon I can build around? 2 hander would be nice. Link to build?
I have a bazillion low end maps...just guild bank em?
How do I sell on poe.trade? I have a ton of crap to get rid of.
I have 3 complete sacrifices. Just hold on to these or burn thru em?

Borzak

You can use the maps to block/open shaper and elder. You can "sell" 3 of the same map to a vendor to get one the next tier up.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dumb question time...

What is "Uber" lab?
I BARELY killed the guardians...will I be wasting the pieces on The Shaper? (I youtubed the fight. I doubt my build can kill him).
Is there like a super weapon I can build around? 2 hander would be nice. Link to build?
I have 3 complete sacrifices. Just hold on to these or burn thru em?

• Uber lab is the 4th difficulty of lab after merciless, the trials are found in maps and it unlocks your 8th ascendancy points
  • Super weapon 2hander would be starforge, but not familiar with starforge builds
  • Low end maps bank or vendor 3 of each type for higher tier

• 1Solidarity

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Borzak Borzak k what is your ign and are u in the guild. I can run u thru lab just look for me name kazpact. I do stop for darkshrines tho so hopefully that’s ok

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
What is "Uber" lab?

4th lab iteration for 7th and 8th Ascendancy point. In a lot of builds these two points can be critical, but you made it pretty far without. You have to do 6 retarded trials (mini-labs with no bosses) in maps to get access to the Uber Lab. Each attempt at the Uber Lab costs an Offering to the Goddess - one drops at the end of each of those map trials.

Add bonus effects to maps (centered on a map) in a circular radius on the Atlas. The bonus effects also add Increased quantity and rarity to your map.

The Shaper is widely considered to be a more mechanical fight than most bosses. Uber Atziri can be a bitch without high DPS and defenses, but you can do Shaper with less if you know the fight. But you may fail a couple of times first.

Starforge mentioned - but only for pure physical builds. Atziri's Disfavor, Kitva's Feast, Ngamahu's Flame popular with the recent Molten Strike meta.

3 for 1 (next tier) recipe. Also, with the War for the Atlas, you will be occasionally running lower maps to set up your atlas they way you like (Shaper/Elder influenced)

I have 3 complete sacrifices. Just hold on to these or burn thru em?[/QUOTE]

• 1Solidarity

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
So... anyone able to take my puny witch through the first lab? I gave it a try earlier and it touched me in the no no places.